The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Springboard by Michael Murray (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
Hi Michael, thanks for your response.
I have a bit of a problem.
My mother ordered Springboard for me on tuesday because I don't have a paypal account.
But she messed up to save the file after purchase and the link we got via email has expired.
We wrote David but he doesn't respond.
I understand if he's busy but I'm also a bit worried.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Hi Macc,

I'll message Michael for you and let him know. I'm sure he'll get it to you promptly.

Best,

Atlas
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Hi Macc, apologies that you haven't received it! I'll have a word with Dave (I know he has had a few issues latley). In the meantime give me your email via pm and I'll sort you out Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
Thank you guys Smile

Michael sent it to me. I'll start to read now. Perfect evening lecture.

:)
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
My pleasure and enjoy Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
I'm impressed. This is brilliant. I'm doing magic since I was 6 years old (i'm 30 now). And I allways had breaks inbetween were I lost interest or devoted my time to other hobbies. The last few months I again had a bit of a break...started playing guitar.
But reading the thread and the book lit my fire up again.

Thank you Michael Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
So pleased to here that you like it and that its given you fresh enthusiasm macc, thanks for the kind words Smile

Best Wishes Michael

magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Michael, will the new book you speak of feature 'springboard' or am I best to buy the pdf now before you take it down? I don't want to miss out on it but would rather wait for the book.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Thanks for the interest, both ATM an Springboard are included in my bigger book along with many other effects.

I've not yet decided wether I will make the PDFs unavailable once the book is released but will give advanced warning if this was the case Smile

Best Wishes Michael Smile

SShawUK
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of SShawUK
I popped into Magicbox yesterday to see Michael, and I hope he doesn't mind me hinting at this, but he blew my mind with something new. I've seen Michael come up with some excellent effects, but this "new thing" really has me excited. I don't want to say too much, and he hasn't prompted me to do this, but boy are you guys in for a treat if he ever decides to release this. In my opinion, possibly his finest effect to date!
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

www.magicblog.org
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
OOOOH! Interesting.

I popped in to Magicbox last week on my way back to Holland, but missed Michael.
Hope he's feeling PK again now. I read he wasn't well.

steve
SShawUK
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of SShawUK
There must be something really wrong with him, we popped out after he finished and he only drank ONE pint!
I'm sure he will chime in soon enough, but I've never seen him looking healthier!
Interesting isn't the word Steve, I see this new thing becoming a staple part of my performing repertoire!
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

www.magicblog.org
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Was disappointed that I missed you Steve, would have been great to catch up! Hopefully next time eh Smile

No need for any concern health wise I feel fine, I'm due back to the hospital on Monday but I'm sure all will be fine Smile

Thanks for the kind words about the new routine Steve I'm pretty pleased with it and as always it was great to catch up with you!

Best Wishes Michael

VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Just placed my order... looking forward to this
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
What exactly is the new routine?
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Just read through it a few times... GREAT!!!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
VernonOnCoins - I'm so pleased that you like it. I hope you enjoy performing it even more Smile

Your Thinking Cap - The new routine is a five for five ESP match up routine which is performed entirely by two spectators. They mix the cards, they re-order the cards at their discretion and they then all match. The cards are mixed, dealt and revealed by the spectators the mentalist can litterally stand back and watch. The nice thing is that the spectators can see the matching in action. Obviously I'm heavily biased but I truly believe this is the greatest ESP effect to date. This could easily be done with business cards or playing cards if needed too.

Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-09-06 15:45, celebrity wrote:
VernonOnCoins - I'm so pleased that you like it. I hope you enjoy performing it even more Smile

Your Thinking Cap - The new routine is a five for five ESP match up routine which is performed entirely by two spectators. They mix the cards, they re-order the cards at their discretion and they then all match. The cards are mixed, dealt and revealed by the spectators the mentalist can litterally stand back and watch. The nice thing is that the spectators can see the matching in action. Obviously I'm heavily biased but I truly believe this is the greatest ESP effect to date. This could easily be done with business cards or playing cards if needed too.

Sounds AWESOME Michael! I've been in love with all of your other effects. I'm sure this will be no different.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Many thanks, this will be featured at my first official lecture tomorrow and so I'm keen to see the response to it.

Mr. Pete Turner is also coming so I'm very keen to hear his thoughts on it Smile

stevenfullman
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of stevenfullman
Hello,

I bought 'Springboard' earlier this week based on the strong reviews in this and other threads.

I'm going to base my thoughts purely on my lack of real-world experience with this product (and the mentalism art-form as a whole), because it's clear to me that a very large number of performers see Michael's concept as an awesome worker.

So -- OBVIOUSLY -- mea culpa. . .the following should not be taken as an indictment of 'Springboard', which is indeed a very clever concept.

My initial reaction is that the divination process is too restrictive for someone without strong spec-management skills (like me), and would therefore raise suspicions with anyone I performed it on (again, this is MY limitation, not 'Springboard's').

Also, I don't remember seeing anything in the ad copy relating to 'f*r*ing' or 'p**k**g', though, one or other of which is required. . .

Although Michael is totally correct in saying the spec never mentions a colour, suit, or value (and reiterates/reframes this before the reveal). . .I don't think have the chops to pull off the 'ladder' principle.

i.e. What to do if someone said, "no, actually, I think it's {insert a larger value here} cards different from my thought of value"?

'Springboard' is a great idea, as the legions of positive reviews here will testify to, but I'm not sure I can use it at my current level.

However, all in all I'm very happy with my purchase. . .I hope to become bold enough to use it sometime soon.

After all, who was it that said, 'it's only a magic trick, what's the worst that can happen?'.

Regards,
Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Springboard by Michael Murray (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL