The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Final Closer 'Disappeared' when came time! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
Hi Guys - just had a great show last week. I did a 'stand-up' stage show in mall. Being a close-up magician mainly, it was a challenge to me to come up with some 'parlour/cabaret' type show. I did some stage stuff at talent shows, when I was younger, but this was something I was really looking forward to, to spike some more shows & testimonials.

The show went great, I had some great magic & mentalism that I showed, but my last trick was a classic 'pick a card, any card.. and finding it'; not a strong closer?! Well, the kicker was that it was my 1 year old daughter was going to find it, under the very best conditions... deck shuffled before, cards cut to a selection, but had time to change their mind, the card is put back by the spectator while they are actually holding the deck. They shuffle the deck and then hand the deck to shuffle again... only then the little girl would find it.

The funny part of this... was went it came time for her 'showtime' she was nowhere to be found...lol - WWIII in my head, but finally mommy brought her up and she FOUND THE CARD!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlavfT0dbBg

Enjoy... Let me know what you guys think?! Smile
Robertology
View Profile
New user
Michigan
55 Posts

Profile of Robertology
You had some interesting shufflers in the crowd! Smile

I know children have their own schedules and someone that young could decide to throw a fit at show time so that was a daring move. A unique ending for sure! Thanks for posting.
- Robert
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Thanks Robert... yes, I know what the shufflers looked like, cause their queen kept getting shuffled around & to the bottom. I assure you that they weren't stooged in anyway, but I know what it looked like for sure. Good Point! Yeah, I thought putting her in the end, would be 'up in the air', but fun and I didn't think they would go walking off (because of a fit) as I was getting ready. Smile

I'm currently going to compile a video of her finding cards at different shows and compile them all together in one video, but in different places.
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Robertology - just filmed her doing it again last week - (to rule out the shufflers theory) - enjoy! *filmed on a iPhone -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-b_jwdkomc

Under scientific conditions -

-Cards are shuffled before

-Card is selected in the most fairest way - spectator cuts to the card. Can change their mind, drop some cards or pick some up after the cut.

-The deck is handed back to the spectator for placing the card back anywhere in the deck.

-Cards are shuffled again by spectator

-Cards are shuffled again by another spectator

And yet, she finds the card
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Final Closer 'Disappeared' when came time! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL