The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » English Instructions from Tenyo Co. Ltd. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Does anyone know if it is true that if I send original Japanese instruction sheets to Tenyo Company they will exchange them for the English ones?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I've never heard this.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
I recently bought about 25 effects with Japanese instructions. So, hoping to find a solution
I did a search and I came across the below comment by guerrestellari in this thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=258&46

Interestingly, no one picked up on it or added any additional comments in that thread.

There are routinely requests for English instructions here, but I had never seen anyone suggest this
till it popped up in my search. I would not mind sending them my original Japanese instructions in exchange for
English.

I have since emailed Tenyo Co. and will let you all know when I hear back

Quote:
On 2010-02-11 21:05, guerrestellari wrote:
Downside will be the japanese instructions. For the easier tricks, the illustration helps, for the more complicated tricks requiring explanation, I will probably need some help.
I tried emailing Tenyo japan and they have been quite helpful, but they require me to post to them the ORIGINAL instructions in Japanese, before sending the English ones by post to me. I have not taken up their offer because I think I would still want to keep the japanese originals, and also I am afraid that the instructions may get lost in the mail and if that happens, I'll be screwed Smile
I was more in favour of doing a scan of the instructions but that will amount to a big pile of instructions to scan, and subjected to Tenyo's approval.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
It is True!!
If Tenyo has the English version of the instruction sheet they will exchange
your original Japanese for English. Or at least they offered to do it for me.

They had most of what I needed, but I still need 6 English instruction pages:
Tenyo BILLIARD BALL T-36
Tenyo COIN FAN 12
Tenyo MAGIC PAINTING 193
Tenyo MAGIC PENDANT MICKEY
Tenyo TWO INTO ONE ROPE 100
Tenyo Mystic Blackboard 225

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.
fax em
email them
mail them

I would of course cover postage if mailed.
And most certainly return the favor if I can.

Thanks,

Ed
edshern@gmail.com
peterger
View Profile
New user
Belgium
91 Posts

Profile of peterger
Hi Ed

Important note: be sure they send you original English instructions because when I checked they only had copies for my trick...they don't have originals for everything anymore...
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-03-05 09:48, edshern wrote:
It is True!!
If Tenyo has the English version of the instruction sheet they will exchange
your original Japanese for English. Or at least they offered to do it for me.

They had most of what I needed, but I still need 6 English instruction pages:
Tenyo BILLIARD BALL T-36
Tenyo COIN FAN 12
Tenyo MAGIC PAINTING 193
Tenyo MAGIC PENDANT MICKEY
Tenyo TWO INTO ONE ROPE 100
Tenyo Mystic Blackboard 225

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.
fax em
email them
mail them

I would of course cover postage if mailed.
And most certainly return the favor if I can.

Thanks,

Ed
edshern@gmail.com

EdShern, I sent you the PDF for:

Mystic Blackboard
Magic Painting
Billard Balls
Two into One Rope

I'm looking for some missing Tenyo instructions as well. I will make my list Smile

Simon
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Simon, Got them. THANKS
John Mazza- THANK YOU too.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
My pleasure!
:)
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
No problem
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Smile
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I really don't know how this happened...
But somehow, I "lost" the English instructions for those Tenyo effects (which I own, of course)
PDF copies would really help me to complete my Tenyo "suitcases" (with instructions on USB keys)
Your help would be VERY appreciated... (any proof of purchase available on request)

T-073 Super coin in nest
T-084 Card Frame
T-106 Ribbon forever
T-117 Alpha Tunnel
T-140 Super Spike
T-153 Diabolicus
T-178 Krazy Keys
T-238 Floating Card (I thought this one was under my pillow, but it wasn't...)

Thanks in advance! Smile
Simon

simco@sympatico.ca
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Given the way he behaved, I'm not sure that many people have wanted to see more...
This person has insulted half of the forum, and never did any meaculpa.
He accused and insulted many people who were for absolutely nothing in his banishment. He was banished because he promote a counterfeit Tenyo Black Hole and many other knock off item he made to make money without any autorisation.
He allowed himself to publicly disclose photos and private personal home direction and private conversation and Informations in a way fully displaced.
He made money by stealing the work of others.
He tried to buy peoples and informations with "gifts".
He dared to give lessons of history about World War II, while during the same time he spent his time accusing and denoncing people for a lot of things that had nothing to do with his banishment rather than simply recognize his mistakes. ( The lesson of history is he did not take long before denouncing his Jewish neighbor to Nazi if he had lived during this sad time )...
He proved he has a very strange definition of word "gift", requesting his gift back.
And the list could be very long yet.

So please, thank you respect those who suffer from its agisssement. A little empathy would be good.
John Was banned, recpect that, and stop to perpetually remind this to the one who were insulted.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
John Mazza sent the emails for three reasons:
1. He could not respond directly on the Café
2. He wanted to point out him being banning was not consistent
3. He was very upset of how quiet you were during the banning argument and never came to his defense even though you made reproductions of specials before he did and sold them on ebay. Also he made reproductions for you as a gift and you had no problem with that.

Those who are still friendly with him know that he has stopped making the reproductions including Bird Watcher Too.

The point about WWII was that American's risked their lives to liberate the French but the French hate the Americans even when they come to France to spend their dollars. That was an analogy of how you hate John even though he gave you a dozen free gifts and worked to make your blog better. He helped you but when he was getting attacked you turned your back on him.

So please have some respect for someone that has helped you many times.
I think it is you that should stop.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I never hate John, It's John who hate me... You miss the point.

One week before I spent 3 hours to make good pictures of his addons te please him.

After his banishment I send this mail of support, unanswered, and now I know why :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello :

I 'm very sorry about your issue in the Magic Café. Hope all it's ok for you.
Here is my advice, it's just what I think but it's just my opinion :

Continue to create original routine and add-ons for Tenyo tricks. Your work is amazing, everyone has said.
Your only mistake (according to what I understand) was you make perfect copies of some tricks and sell Bird watcher too and repro package. But all other stuff are acclaimed.

I think you will win the respect of all magicians doing things well, like you have do with your addons.
Do not see the problem with the forum as an end but as a beginning. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's that turning back of him ?? You are kidding me ???

The only answer I got was the next day with all his famous Crazy email he sent to 26 members, accusing, injuring everyone while he is solely responsible.
I am not responsible for his banishment, I have nothing to do with this story. But John prefear attack me, attack others member in a very sad manner, rather than just make his own mea Culpa.

For the rest , If you don't see the difference between :

-Make one time, one item like Wooden Four Chance game ( not a just copy but english version of a trick only available in Japanese ), or Make one time, one item ( Like english version of Fortune Telling Card wich was only in Japanese so impossible to perform ) to offer for friends occasionally.

-And make a real large business with lot of differents multiple copy of tricks to really make money stealing works of others :
Repro Package
Birds Watcher Too
Wild Wallet leather
Black Hole
All tenyo Special
Tens of old tricks
etc ...

Then we can not understand, and nobody understands. There is no comparison.

You tell me that "The only difference I see is he is capable of making more money at it." Well you have finally understood, because it is precisely the whole problem.

Now John finds nothing better to do than create fake accounts to continue to look for problems and accusing people or use You to convey his messages of hate.

My advice is still valid. That John focuses on his new projects in a positive way, and he stopped to try to carry the responsability of his failures on others.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
You keep saying one but it is not one we both know that.
And offering something copyright protected to a friend is just as bad you don't see that?

Why can't you let it go is it that important to you to keep posting with such stuff.
There is hate being conveyed alright but it isn't coming from me.
And paranoia will destroy ya Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-03-06 00:57, simcoscor wrote:
I really don't know how this happened...
But somehow, I "lost" the English instructions for those Tenyo effects (which I own, of course)
PDF copies would really help me to complete my Tenyo "suitcases" (with instructions on USB keys)
Your help would be VERY appreciated... (any proof of purchase available on request)

T-073 Super coin in nest
T-084 Card Frame
T-106 Ribbon forever
T-117 Alpha Tunnel
T-140 Super Spike
T-153 Diabolicus
T-178 Krazy Keys
T-238 Floating Card (I thought this one was under my pillow, but it wasn't...)

Thanks in advance! Smile
Simon

simco@sympatico.ca

PS. Banned Café members welcomed Smile

Thanks to those who kindly sent me the instructions I was looking for!

I'm only searching for 3 missing sets now:

T-073 Super coin in nest
T-140 Super Spike
T-238 Floating Card

Anyone?
Thanks,
Simon
Tinu
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Tinu
I just bought the Trick Magic Painting made by tenyo with a Japanese instruction. Can anyone provide me an English Version of the instruction? It would be pretty helpful. Thank's a lot.

Am.reber@bluewin.ch my Address.... Tinu
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
I bought a bunch of new Tenyo from Tokyo Hobby. Some with English instrucitons (which were weirdly reduced in size and almost impossible to read) and others with only Japanese instructions. I usually buy from Hitomi (excellent ebayer), but I tried TH because they had a few items she did not, were much cheaper, and I wanted to give them a shot. I'm not sure if the savings were worth it however as the shipping to look longer than Hitomi, and the English instructions were so tiny, very diffcult to read, and only were provided for a few of the items ordered.

What I need in English is:

Tenyo Japan 118276 FLOATING CARD (Magic Trick) Angelo's Tenyo

Tenyo Japan 116166(E) MAGIC MEMO PAD (Magic Trick)

Tenyo Japan 116159(E) MIRACLE COIN THRU (Magic Trick)

Tenyo Japan 116296 MAGICAL MRI (X-RAY) 2014 (Magic Trick)

Tenyo Japan 116173(E) GOD HAND (Card Surgery) 2013 (Magic...

Tenyo Japan 114858 THE RISING CARDS (Magic Trick)

Tenyo Japan 116302 GHOST CARD 2014 (Magic Trick)

Tenyo Japan 110379 DYNAMIC COINS (Magic Trick)

Tenyo Japan 114568 ILLUSION RULER (Magic Trick)

Tenyo Japan 114254 MIRACLE COIN MAGIC MICKEY MOUSE (Magic...

I basically can figure out most of them, but I really want the orig English instructions. I can provide proof I bought these recently.

Thanks Smile.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Sorry, I can't help ya Mate...no scanner.

I wanted to 2nd your endorsement of Hitomi (Magico Japan) too. She always comes through on every level... price, service, speed of shipping, etc. Stellar lady.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I must admit I too have bought one time from Tokyo Hobby and all went well - no manuals at all however. Their prices are very low but it does take a long time to ship and then there's the manual issue.
I always buy my tricks from Hitomi when they come out (she helped me a lot in the past) and her service is wonderfull as we all know, but for backups, well, there's that price issue huh ... .
that'sCool, send me an e-mail (it is on my website) and I'll see what I can do for you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » English Instructions from Tenyo Co. Ltd. (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL