The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed 3rd Generation by David Penn and World Magic Shop » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1820 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
All part of the hype
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
OK no upgrade but what about a swap deal?
Probably not and your right Jamie greedy WMS
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2013-02-20 18:57, FrenchDrop wrote:
Quote:
There are already 4 threads about this trick. Coincidence or strategy?

Strategy. And you can bet Jamie's a part of it. If you can't beat 'em, hire em.

I bet you'll accuse me of being Craig Petty next Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-02-21 06:43, johndevacmaker wrote:
OK no upgrade but what about a swap deal?
Probably not and your right Jamie greedy WMS

From a business point of view, how would WMS benefit from swapping your old for new stuff? and surely they are better to do what they are doing now... that's being greedy and marketing a slightly different model calling it Cv3, when really, its no better.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I sort of understand where people are coming from on the swap talk, but also see why they can't do it, but even just say a reduced price if your old gimmick is sent back... so instead of say...£95, £70 plus your old set would work... then they could still sell CV2 to people that want them too
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2471 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2013-02-20 03:01, corindaman wrote:
The quote from David Blaine is for Coinvexed two surely? Also I heard that Morgan had now given up Magic full time, if so he must be doing his show in his lunch hour!

David actually used QB2 in his tv special.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-02-21 11:11, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
The quote from David Blaine is for Coinvexed two surely? Also I heard that Morgan had now given up Magic full time, if so he must be doing his show in his lunch hour!

David actually used QB2 in his tv special.

That was before he'd even seen Coinvexed. I heard that he gave his QB2 away as soon as he received CV.
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-02-21 09:00, Christopher Williams wrote:
I sort of understand where people are coming from on the swap talk, but also see why they can't do it, but even just say a reduced price if your old gimmick is sent back... so instead of say...£95, £70 plus your old set would work... then they could still sell CV2 to people that want them too

But then what would they do with the CV2 gimmicks? Sell them? If they did that then wouldn't a lot of people buy the cheaper CV2 than spend £95 on Cv3? I would..
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:

It wouldn't be the first time a quote has been manipulated to sell a product. See here for something quite outrageous....

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=98#0
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2471 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
[quote]On 2013-02-21 11:16, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
[quote]On 2013-02-21 11:11, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:

If so, poor choice. However; if cv works for him, great.
Magic is about utilizing tools one will use.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
The quote from David Blaine is for Coinvexed two surely?

So it still stands for CV3, surely..

It's not a different product, they're not trying to sell it as such. It's had a few minor tweaks and improvements and a revamped DVD. They could have called it the "new improved Coinvexed 2" but they decided to call it Coinvexed third generation.

I really don't understand the negativity about this release. They're not selling CV2 alongside CV3 and trying to make out its a different improved product. CV2 was discontinued and CV3 has replaced it. If you have CV2 it probably won't interest you. If you don't have CV2 then surely you'll sappreciate them trying to bring out the best product possible...

I do agree an "upgrade pack" would be nice as I'd like to see the new DVD but if they choose not to then hey, that's their right.

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2652 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 08:25, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

I already scooped this a month ago and started a thread on L&G here...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&32

Let's avoid multiple threads on the same topic please.

Jamie is right - please keep in mind that he has first exclusive rights to anything posted in this section, as any subsequent posts threaten to undermine his credibility.
Thank you, Jamie, for your concern regarding the cleanliness and quality control of the Latest and Greatest.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-02-21 18:46, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 08:25, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

I already scooped this a month ago and started a thread on L&G here...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&32

Let's avoid multiple threads on the same topic please.

Jamie is right - please keep in mind that he has first exclusive rights to anything posted in this section, as any subsequent posts threaten to undermine his credibility.
Thank you, Jamie, for your concern regarding the cleanliness and quality control of the Latest and Greatest.

You claim to have a degree in broadcast journalism so I take it you are jealous of my ability to scoop the news having had no formal training.

I've never seen you scoop but you do criticise. So maybe you should become a critic. You're good at it. Smile

J 'Scoopmaster' Ferg over and out.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Really? "Scooping" a story in magic?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Tfet
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Tfet
Quote:
Quote:

LOL! I think your giving him way to much credit.

Jamie shouldn't be posting in this thread at all. He already said "Please don't post duplicate threads I already started one". Kind of hypocritical by posting in it and supporting it.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-02-21 21:06, Tfet wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL! I think your giving him way to much credit.

Jamie shouldn't be posting in this thread at all. He already said "Please don't post duplicate threads I already started one". Kind of hypocritical by posting in it and supporting it.

Fortunately I don't pay too much attention to members with so few posts. If you're not here to discuss magic then please refrain from posting.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2652 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
We all know the the number of posts = the validity of what the person is saying.
Maybe Jamie should start his own forum....
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-02-22 12:26, Andrew Zuber wrote:
We all know the the number of posts = the validity of what the person is saying.
Maybe Jamie should start his own forum....

No chance, I Smile the MagicCafe.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1026 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2013-02-21 11:28, Jordanogrady wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-21 09:00, Christopher Williams wrote:

But then what would they do with the CV2 gimmicks? Sell them? If they did that then wouldn't a lot of people buy the cheaper CV2 than spend £95 on Cv3? I would..

I think it all comes down to looking after your customers long term , I for example purchased CV2 just over a year ago at the Magic Circle Dealer's Day .

Now a new and improved version is out I don't think a swap or an upgrade offer is out of order, same way Microsoft look after people by offering upgrades to Windows and Office users

Anyway as I am not able to attend Blackpool this year would be grateful if someone can find out the official policy from WMS on if upgrade/swap is offered or not

Thanks and have a great time at Blackpool

Martin
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4278 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
This is priced pretty well, with the routines you get with it..how is it not worth it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed 3rd Generation by David Penn and World Magic Shop » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL