The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed 3rd Generation by David Penn and World Magic Shop » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1313 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On 2013-02-22 14:24, Martin.Lester wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-21 11:28, Jordanogrady wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-21 09:00, Christopher Williams wrote:
I sort of understand where people are coming from on the swap talk, but also see why they can't do it, but even just say a reduced price if your old gimmick is sent back... so instead of say...£95, £70 plus your old set would work... then they could still sell CV2 to people that want them too

But then what would they do with the CV2 gimmicks? Sell them? If they did that then wouldn't a lot of people buy the cheaper CV2 than spend £95 on Cv3? I would..

I think it all comes down to looking after your customers long term , I for example purchased CV2 just over a year ago at the Magic Circle Dealer's Day .

Now a new and improved version is out I don't think a swap or an upgrade offer is out of order, same way Microsoft look after people by offering upgrades to Windows and Office users

Anyway as I am not able to attend Blackpool this year would be grateful if someone can find out the official policy from WMS on if upgrade/swap is offered or not

Thanks and have a great time at Blackpool

Martin

I have seen the new version and if you have coinvexed 2 there is really no need to change it. The changes are not really significant ( their words not mine ) although I agree with them. The certain something which disguises the gimmick is now black so it is easier to hide and has been already mentioned the cap fits better on the end of the sharpie and is a slightly different colour. The main reason for getting the new version would be to get the DVD with the new routines but I have been told that this will be available separately in about a month.
Hope this helps.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2013-02-22 13:18, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-22 12:26, Andrew Zuber wrote:
We all know the the number of posts = the validity of what the person is saying.
Maybe Jamie should start his own forum....

No chance, I Smile the MagicCafe.

Of course you do Jamie. After all, where else with an established forum site such as the Café, that has a membership of over 53,000, could you so desperately, and quite transparently at times, try to feed upon your never ending need to massage your ego and this unseemly desperate need to be recognized by others. Smile

Quote:
On 2013-02-21 21:06, Tfet wrote:

LOL! I think your giving him way to much credit.

Jamie shouldn't be posting in this thread at all. He already said "Please don't post duplicate threads I already started one". Kind of hypocritical by posting in it and supporting it.

Quote:
On 2013-02-22 03:03, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

Fortunately I don't pay too much attention to members with so few posts. If you're not here to discuss magic then please refrain from posting.

By the way, since when does the number of one’s posts have to do with anything? Tfet has been a member before you. Also, there are a plethora of members here who have been members of the Café since it was established. Just because they choose not to post all that often does in no way shape or form diminish from what they have to say on the Café.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Is it really necessary to have this childish feud between both of you in any thread of the Latest & Greatest section?
I want to read the latest news & rumours about new effects WITHOUT skipping through tons of crappy posts because two members of the Café have some sort of
hormonal problems!

Mods of the Café please do something!
It IS really annoying

Cheers

Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
973 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I second that Nikki!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I third that Nikki.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1026 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2013-02-22 18:52, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-22 14:24, Martin.Lester wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-21 11:28, Jordanogrady wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-21 09:00, Christopher Williams wrote:
I sort of understand where people are coming from on the swap talk, but also see why they can't do it, but even just say a reduced price if your old gimmick is sent back... so instead of say...£95, £70 plus your old set would work... then they could still sell CV2 to people that want them too

But then what would they do with the CV2 gimmicks? Sell them? If they did that then wouldn't a lot of people buy the cheaper CV2 than spend £95 on Cv3? I would..

I think it all comes down to looking after your customers long term , I for example purchased CV2 just over a year ago at the Magic Circle Dealer's Day .

Now a new and improved version is out I don't think a swap or an upgrade offer is out of order, same way Microsoft look after people by offering upgrades to Windows and Office users

Anyway as I am not able to attend Blackpool this year would be grateful if someone can find out the official policy from WMS on if upgrade/swap is offered or not

Thanks and have a great time at Blackpool

Martin

I have seen the new version and if you have coinvexed 2 there is really no need to change it. The changes are not really significant ( their words not mine ) although I agree with them. The certain something which disguises the gimmick is now black so it is easier to hide and has been already mentioned the cap fits better on the end of the sharpie and is a slightly different colour. The main reason for getting the new version would be to get the DVD with the new routines but I have been told that this will be available separately in about a month.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update

Best Regards

Martin
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
968 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
I had a good look at this also at Blackpool yesterday. Nominal improvements over CV2 but
nothing of real note.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
£50 for upgrade pack (replacement part of gimmick and new DVD). Not on website yet but will be soon, that's what I was told at the WMS stand.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
So same design?
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
On 2013-02-23 13:21, paisa23 wrote:
So same design?

Yeah pretty much. I don't think this is aimed at CV2 owners unless you fancy a slightly improved version of the same gimmick. To be fair to WMS they're not selling this alongside CV2 and claiming it to be a different, better version.... CV2 was discontinued so they have tweaked it and brought it out again under the name "Coinvexed third generation". The difference are..

Sharpie gimmick now fits on end of sharpie.
Lighter.
Darker colour, more similar to black of a sharpie lid.
Brand new DVD with new routines on.

All of this is only my opinion based on what I've found out. I have seen the new gimmick (not the DVD) but do not own it so maybe not qualified to give a full review/opinion.

Hope this helps,

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5078 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed 3rd Generation by David Penn and World Magic Shop » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL