The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » 3 1/2 clubs trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kristian Skovbo
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
159 Posts

Profile of Kristian Skovbo
Who came up with the original 3 1/2 clubs by using die?

And can someone describe the routine with die?

Best regards,
Kristian
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22388 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Harold Sterling as I recall, I could be wrong, but he was the 1st to market "Miko".

The trick is called "Miko" and still available today. I believe Loftus is selling it, but I would have to verify that.

Deal 6 cards face down and show a die (single dice), have a spectator roll the die. Now let them have a free choice of either end to start counting from, and have them count the number of cards that was rolled.

I get a little fuzzy here, but they can roll the die again, is they want. Have them add the number on top rolled to and the bottom number across from the top number.

Now, have them divide the sum of by 2, that will be on the face of the selected card counted to. Collect the other cards not selected, and have them turn over the card they selected in the process described.

This was the routine enclosed with the cards and die.

-------------------------------------------------------

As one gains experience with such tricks, and learns other methods like the Magician's Choice, one can of course work it like the "Hot Rod" trick if you want. This would give a freedom to show some of the cards, at the beginning, etc.

Thought: How come the questions are so short and the answers so long? Something not fair about this somehow. LOL
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Mi (Milt)
Ko (Kort)

He was the inventor.

Eddie Tullock made a fortune with the 3 1/2 of Clubs in his trade show work.

Don Alan'a version, called "Big Deal" is my favorite. See this at http://www.petebiro.com click on Pete on TV and scroll down to "card act."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22388 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I purchased "MIKO" back in the early 1960's from the local magic shop. The instructions and trick were from Gene DeVoe Magic Den in Saint Louis, MO. The magic shop closed back in the 1980's. This trick and all magic playing Cards and tricks at that time were made in Bridge Aviator playing Cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » 3 1/2 clubs trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL