The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Infinitum by Hondo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Hoop of the day - breaking news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQX6gxMpD_s

Saw the above on the hocus-pocus website.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
I love how this looks! Can't find a single review of the thing, though...
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
So what makes this the "best" ever?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Quote:
On 2013-02-23 13:33, gdw wrote:
So what makes this the "best" ever?

Well...hard to say until someone actually reviews it!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
That did look really good. I had never hear of it and had to search.

http://themagicapple.com/new-products/7-......by-hondo

Effect:
Just imagine, using nothing but rubber bands to give your audience an unbelieveable experience - then allowing them to keep the rubber bands as a souvenir!

What You Get:
Each Infinitum contains 20 sets of gimmicked rubber bands, one rubber band chain, a pack of high-quality No. 19 Gold Rubber Bands and one instructional DVD. The DVD contains Hondo's personal performance and explanations, as well as his tips on presentation and audience management.
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
It looks really good, but we have so many new rubberband tricks now

* Rubberraid
* Totally Crazy Bands
* Light speed
* Bandito
* Linkey
* Rubber thru hand
* Linxus
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
Anybody able to provide any review on this?

I am not trying to be rude but I am very disappointed with my first experience with Hondo's product, intuition. What I get is a simple deck of card, nothing gimmick. The cards sent to me wasn't "treated" at all. When I made mentioned about the deck, there is no offer to replace it. I have no choice but ended my deck inside my drawer.

As we, members of MC, will be generous with our compliments on awesome products we should not keep our bad experiences.

I won't get this at the moment unless I can read remarkable comments on this here.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
I just purchased this tonight!!! Took the plunge without any reviews.... Will post my thoughts once I receive...

-Bobby
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Looks like its just some SLR and slink.

If that's the case, then I've been performing this effect since SLR came out.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
840 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I thought it looked like a re-release of Hondo's Cream Bands - which predated SLR and Slink, if I recall correctly. Still, I wonder if the gimmicked bands are any better this time around, or if the SLR bands are still the best available...
Ryan930
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Ryan930
It does look like his previous release cream bands. Cream bands comes with an extra routine and gimmick where 2 bands are merge into 1 single large band. I'm not sure what's new in this release. Appreciate if Bob can share his thoughts on this
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
It's a re-marketed SLR. I own both, would stick with SLR though.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
840 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I own cream bands (was only released in Taiwan, to my knowledge - with the link and with the merge), which was later added upon and re-released generally in 2009 by Hondo as Picasso Bands (with the twist effect added). This dates around the same time that SLR and Linking Loverbands were separately released.

Infinitum looks like a continuations of Hondo's previous two releases on this same effect. I also own SLR, and I would say that SLR and Infinitum are different. I'm not sure how well-made the gimmicks are for Infinitum, but comparing Cream bands to SLR, Cream bands are more like real rubber bands in the way they look/feel, but there was a major (imo, fatal) flaw, imo, that gave away how the rubber bands are linked, which SLR solves, but at the cost of rubber bands that just don't look/feel like rubber bands.

While the routines are nothing too original, if the gimmicks are improved, it may be worth taking a look at. I look forward to a review, especially of the gimmick quality.
Ryan930
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Ryan930
Sgtgrey, you are right. I've just checked, my copy is Pcasso bands which got 3 effects - twisted, linked and merged band
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
OK so this came in today from Hocus Pocus. I have not had a chance to watch it all but I will comment on a few things now.

The DVD is not in English but does have English subtitles.

The pre linked bands are AMAZING!!!! I see no visible cut in the bands I will post photos with my thorough review.

The Linking band routine from what I briefly watched is basically Slink by Daniel Garcia with pre linked bands... He does credit that however.

I need to watch the whole DVD before I say yo much more... I will keep you all posted.

-Bobby
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
I'm surprised to receive Hondo's reply to my post and his generous offer. I will say that at least he is hearing "me"/"us".

On his reply, he offered to send me a new Intuition deck and Infinitum. Kind and generous of him to do this. I never expect this offer.

When both, "In"tuition and "In"finitum are "In", I hope to offer my few cents of fair reviews here.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
840 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Quote:
On 2013-03-26 19:58, sgtgrey wrote:
Posted a LONG review over here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&0

Thanks for sharing your review!

Hondo
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Hello guys,
Check it out!
Wizard Product Review- Worker of The Week!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......#t=1153s

Hondo
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Not another rubber band trick, how many do we need
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Infinitum by Hondo (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL