The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Real Thing by Atlas Brookings - Just Released (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I wanted to take a moment and make an announcement here that I have just released 'The Real Thing' (there are already reviews in Mentally Speaking). There is some ad copy below for any interested parties (the book test is my favorite part). Reviews can be seen here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=303&5

The Real Thing (Extended Version)

When this routine was first released in the Pyscrets publication 'Liber Mentis', it created quite a stir. It offered a means of performing both a lie detector type routine as well as an incredibly clean and direct mind read, devoid of any standard form of method. At the time, the text was only available through the Psycrets publication, but, after the widespread approval it received, the text has been reworked and dramatically extended, offering 22 more pages of additional material. This new material not only contains another means of performing a clean, impromptu, and apparently impossible mindread, but it contains instructions for a book test that is unlike anything you have ever seen before!

Imagine being able to have someone choose a word from a book, close the book and set it aside, and then change their word to any other word they can think of (and I'm not talking about a different word from the book, but any other word they can think of) - only to have the performer subsequently reveal their new word with NO fishing!

For the first time, this extended version of 'The Real Thing' teaches you how to do this and much more!

Released publicly through this site for the first time, this text contains an astonishing array of impromptu routines! Any time you are asked to perform a feat of mind reading, all you need is a pen and something to write on.

For example:

On five (or more) different pieces of paper (business cards work well) you write a unique sentence, folding each card as you finish.

The participant takes all five pieces of paper, and while you turn around (or leave the room), opens one and reads it.

Once this is done, the Mentalist has a short chat with the spectator, and then tells them the sentence they were thinking of. The papers stay in the participant's possession the entire time.

No peeking, no confederates, no dirty work - Just REAL psychological Mentalism.

What do other Mentalists think?

"At last a routine where you really are doing what you claim! This is a fantastic concept that Atlas has expanded greatly. It has the feeling of real mentalism because it IS real mentalism."
- Marc Paul

"Page seven of your manuscript is worth whatever you end up charging for it."
- Dave Arch

"I really enjoyed 'The Real Thing'...The core of the effect uses pure psychology which is just the ticket. The way in which this has been used to create a nice little lie-detector routine is very clever indeed."
- Derek Heron

"Rather than a physical peek, your method is kinda like a mental peek!"
- Seamus Maguire

"I must say I really enjoyed reading 'The Real Thing'. If nothing else, it has gotten me thinking and that's when I know I'm taken by an idea."
- Nique Tan

"Thank you for making my copy of 'Naked Mentalism' relevant again!"
- Aaron Alexander

"Atlas has open up a world of possibilities here. Using this knowledge you can play mind detective and catch your criminal every time. Very sneaky stuff. Excellent."
- Greg Arce

"When I first released Naked Mentalism back in 2007, I hoped that others would run with it and create simple, subtle, yet powerful effects that really do feel real. With 'The Real Thing', Atlas has certainly done that. It's a tour de force; intelligent, clean and yet very reliable. Lovely work."
- Jon Thompson

And all of the above feedback was given BEFORE the additional material was added to the text!

The book is 40 pages long and offers a means of entering the human mind unlike anything you've ever seen before! It gives you the chance to perform the REAL thing!

Price $20.00 for INSTANT download! (This introductory price is only good for a LIMITED time!)

Available at:
http://www.atlasmentalism.com/AtlasProductsCatalog.html

I am keeping the introductory price until midnight today, and then the price will revert to $32.00 - so anyone who is interested has some time to see other reviews as they come in before the price climbs.

Thanks and please let me know if I can answer any questions for you!

Best,

Atlas
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
The site is very hard to read as the background does not go well with the color of the text. I could hardly read text on the site. Though after reading the previous post- the content does seem very intriguing. Might have to give this a try.....

RNK
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
RNK, thanks for the feedback regarding the site. It looks good for the main site, but for some reason, is not as appealing on the products portion. I have been thinking of redesigning that section - perhaps I will find the time to do it in the coming weeks!

Best,

Atlas
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well I took the plunge. As I am currently at work I do not have time to give a full review. Heck, I didn't even get to give it a complete read as there is a lot of great information in this in which I had to stop and re-read. Though, from a "quick" read I know I can say with confidence that "The Real Thing" is definately well worth $20.00! There is some really really good thinking including in this PDF. Even priced at $32.00, just from what I have initially read I would say it's well worth it. The PDF is well written and the parts I read are explained in very good detail. I feel the effects will be mind busters (or Blowers!) which will be impossible for the spec to back track. I can't wait to get home and give this a good reading and digest Atlas's thinking!

RNK
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
RNK,

Thanks for your extremely kind words - I look forward to hearing what you think when you've had a chance to read ALL of it.

I pride myself on providing strong, solid effects that represent value for money, and I am pleased to see that you feel that I have delivered on that front.

And you are right, this is clean, strong, mind-blowing Mentalism that you will actually use!

And I don't think you have even seen the book test yet Smile

Again, thanks for your enthusiasm!

Best,

Atlas
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3584 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I must admit I picked this up and I'm not sure about it, it's not quite what I was expecting from the description. I kind of have mixed feelings because it is what it claims to be "real psychological mentalism". It is also well thought out, well written and the description is technically accurate but it is the content of the "short chat" that wasn't what I expected. The book test is great but I'm not sure I'd use it but at the same time there is something to do with the book test which is a "why didn't I think of that" moment, without giving anything away it opens up all new "budget" book test possibilities. I probably won't use this but I certainly got something for my $20 although the prodigal might have been a better purchase for me than The Real Thing.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3584 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Now that I have the prodigal and have read a good chunk of it I suspect that it is more a case of "I'm not quite ready for The Real Thing" and maybe this is why I wasn't sure about it. I read The Real Thing and intellectually I can appreciate that it's a great ebook and that the thinking behind it is solid. But fundamentally I am a magician that dabbles in mentalism and The Real Thing is not for "dabblers" it is (as the name implies) for someone wanting to demonstrate "The Real Thing".

The source of my uncertainty was not founded in the content of the manuscript but rather in my ability as a "mentalist" to do the material justice. So why has the Prodigal changed that? Well technically it hasn't, my honest appraisal of my ability at this moment in time to pull off The Real Thing is that I'm not there yet. The Prodigal on the face of it is about a much maligned and often discounted method, but in reality it is about much more and anyone wanting to take up mentalism seriously would benefit from the book even if they chose never to use the method that it teaches (and from what I've read so far I can't imagine many people reading the book and not gaining some enthusiasm for the method or a better understanding of how to properly take advantage of it).

What I have read so far in the Prodigal is inspirational, Atlas does not tell us necessarily anything we shouldn't already know (so far, I've still got a chunk to read) but he does say things that we may very well need to hear and he does so in a way that makes you want to develop those skills, or if you have already spent the time to develop them he reinforces their importance and the value of the effort required to develop them.

So now I am sure that I will use The Real Thing but not until I have developed the skill as a performer of mentalism to do it justice.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I'm taking the plunge on the real thing.

Only time will tell
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2075 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

Part of my lecture the other day touched on psychic phenomena and I wanted to include a little demonstration, so I decided to perform "Lie-Detetor." Well, it went over just as I expected... It killed! There were a number of "No way" shouts over the general din of the other students talking about what they just witnessed. This was fun to perform, engaging for the audience, and clean as a whistle. What else do you want?

It will take some time and effort to master all the material Atlas provides, but you'll have some powerful mentalism at your disposal.

Regards, Steve
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Wow... this is a monster.

There is SO much information on these pages, it's incredible. When I read the lie-detector routine, I chuckled to myself because of it's brilliance. It is obvious that a lot of thought went into that.

The super clean mind-reading piece is rather strange though. You write down 5 or so distinctly different sentences, the spectator reads one of the sentences and then puts all the paper into their pocket. You then proceed to perform a little test on them. BY the end, you are able to know what sentence they are thinking of.

The book test is easily the best thing in the ebook. It is BRILLIANT. That said, it is going to take quite a bit of memory work to perform it. But it allows you to read up to 4 spectator's minds at a time. It combines an effect from Steve Yachanin (above) which I already perform on a regular basis and it absolutely KILLS laymen (and magicians as well.)

With all of that said, this ebook does seem a bit like an ad to me. He talks about his "Prodigy" book multiple times. He probably mentions it 6-7 times. And if you want to perform the book test, you will have to spend an addition $37.95 to buy the proper book.

I can see how some people would be a little scared to try this if they were completely new to mentalism. It does use some techniques that may be a little daunting at first However, if you have been into mentalism a while, these methods will be extremely easy to to.

Over all, this is a great buy. I'm sure you will learn something new from this. I know I did. Now it's time to contemplate spending another $37.95.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Thanks to everyone for all the feedback, I am pleased that this has been so well received!

I just wanted to drop in and say that at 12:00 am Pacific time, the introductory price of $20.00 will expire and the cost will revert to $32.00 - so there are just a few hours left at the lower price!

Best,

Atlas
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
I received 'The Real Thing' yesterday and wanted to record my initial thoughts having read the e-book cover to cover upon arrival.

The material within the pages will convey the impression of real mind reading and the concept is well explained. However, this is not material for the mildly curious. I am not averse to devoting many hours of practice to master any technique(s) that I feel will serve me well as a professional magician, but I know many that would prefer a 'quick fix'. If you're part of the 'quick fix' club, then this is not for you.

To fully master what is being taught within 'The Real Thing' you will need to be able to memorise a chunk of information (it's more than a bite sized chunk too) and be able to use it to interpret a person's thought pattern(s). I am being intentionally vague here out of respect for the author and his work but know this: this will undoubtedly take a significant amount of trial and error before you have full mastery of the technique. That said, once you have put in the necessary time, you will have acquired a skill and knowledge base that will serve you well for a lifetime. And the bonus is that there will be very few others that will be able to do this as I believe that very few will put in the necessary time needed to master this.

Unfamiliar with the previous work of Atlas, I am not yet privy to his 'Prodigal' book which he makes reference to several times in this manuscript (although I have a fair amount of experience with the subject matter that is featured in the Prodigal). I am sure that The Prodigal would be a good accompaniment to 'The Real Thing' (at least this is what Atlas suggests!) so a further investment of $40 may be required along the road to mastery.

What piqued my interest the most is the book test that is explained in this e-book.

Book tests have been the staple of many performing repertoires for years: in brief, several people think of a word and the magician/mentalist reveals them Atlas' take on this is intriguing. He can ask someone (or several people) to choose a word from a book and then ask them to think of a different word that is not even in the book and reveal BOTH words. The modus operandi is a continuation of the concept/technique that is taught initially and expanded upon throughout 'The Real Thing'.

Please note, that you will need a 'special' book in order to perform the book test that is explained and whilst you could go to the effort of creating your own, Atlas has one available from Lulu for just under £24 (UK price). That seems rather inexpensive compared to the myriad of book tests that are currently available. The 'special' book also features a book test (The Gender Friendly test) developed by Steve Yachanin which can be used in conjunction with Atlas' book test. I am unfamiliar with Steve Yachanin's 'work' but Atlas strongly urges the reader to purchase Steve's 'Thought Association Card'. If you want to perform the 'full' book test, it is imperative that you do so. At $15, it is inexpensive.

The bottom line is this: The Real Thing is a notable contribution to the world of mind reading. Mastery of the techniques will create the impression that you are performing the 'The Real Thing' (top marks go to the person who named the e-book!)

This not a book that everyone will enjoy nor use and that makes it even more valuable in my eyes! There are undoubtedly more user-friendly (easier to master) book tests available but Atlas' book offers several unique features (he credits Looch with a great idea that I have not seen before). Ultimately this all comes down to personal choice. I will start working towards mastering these techniques and filtering the work in to my professional performances. There's no urgency for me to rush this as the techniques within these pages will compliment, rather than replace, what I am currently doing.This approach will permit me to FULLY learn the 'necessaries'. On that note, I wanted to reiterate that these techniques will take a significant amount of time to fully master - do not expect to read this and be performing any of the effects or the book test within half an hour!

With the imminent price rise, The Real Thing is $32. Suggested reading is the Prodigy (roughly $40) and the Thought Association Card ($15). Add to that the special book at roughly $37-$40 (£24 UK) and you could be looking at a total spend of $125-$130. It's a small price to pay for techniques and material that you'll use for a lifetime but a lot to pay if you'll never use this stuff (and there will be many that won't).

Recommended.
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-02-21 06:01, murrari wrote:
I received 'The Real Thing' yesterday and wanted to record my initial thoughts having read the e-book cover to cover upon arrival.

The material within the pages will convey the impression of real mind reading and the concept is well explained. However, this is not material for the mildly curious. I am not averse to devoting many hours of practice to master any technique(s) that I feel will serve me well as a professional magician, but I know many that would prefer a 'quick fix'. If you're part of the 'quick fix' club, then this is not for you.

To fully master what is being taught within 'The Real Thing' you will need to be able to memorise a chunk of information (it's more than a bite sized chunk too) and be able to use it to interpret a person's thought pattern(s). I am being intentionally vague here out of respect for the author and his work but know this: this will undoubtedly take a significant amount of trial and error before you have full mastery of the technique. That said, once you have put in the necessary time, you will have acquired a skill and knowledge base that will serve you well for a lifetime. And the bonus is that there will be very few others that will be able to do this as I believe that very few will put in the necessary time needed to master this.

Unfamiliar with the previous work of Atlas, I am not yet privy to his 'Prodigal' book which he makes reference to several times in this manuscript (although I have a fair amount of experience with the subject matter that is featured in the Prodigal). I am sure that The Prodigal would be a good accompaniment to 'The Real Thing' (at least this is what Atlas suggests!) so a further investment of $40 may be required along the road to mastery.

What piqued my interest the most is the book test that is explained in this e-book.

Book tests have been the staple of many performing repertoires for years: in brief, several people think of a word and the magician/mentalist reveals them Atlas' take on this is intriguing. He can ask someone (or several people) to choose a word from a book and then ask them to think of a different word that is not even in the book and reveal BOTH words. The modus operandi is a continuation of the concept/technique that is taught initially and expanded upon throughout 'The Real Thing'.

Please note, that you will need a 'special' book in order to perform the book test that is explained and whilst you could go to the effort of creating your own, Atlas has one available from Lulu for just under £24 (UK price). That seems rather inexpensive compared to the myriad of book tests that are currently available. The 'special' book also features a book test (The Gender Friendly test) developed by Steve Yachanin which can be used in conjunction with Atlas' book test. I am unfamiliar with Steve Yachanin's 'work' but Atlas strongly urges the reader to purchase Steve's 'Thought Association Card'. If you want to perform the 'full' book test, it is imperative that you do so. At $15, it is inexpensive.

The bottom line is this: The Real Thing is a notable contribution to the world of mind reading. Mastery of the techniques will create the impression that you are performing the 'The Real Thing' (top marks go to the person who named the e-book!)

This not a book that everyone will enjoy nor use and that makes it even more valuable in my eyes! There are undoubtedly more user-friendly (easier to master) book tests available but Atlas' book offers several unique features (he credits Looch with a great idea that I have not seen before). Ultimately this all comes down to personal choice. I will start working towards mastering these techniques and filtering the work in to my professional performances. There's no urgency for me to rush this as the techniques within these pages will compliment, rather than replace, what I am currently doing.This approach will permit me to FULLY learn the 'necessaries'. On that note, I wanted to reiterate that these techniques will take a significant amount of time to fully master - do not expect to read this and be performing any of the effects or the book test within half an hour!

With the imminent price rise, The Real Thing is $32. Suggested reading is the Prodigy (roughly $40) and the Thought Association Card ($15). Add to that the special book at roughly $37-$40 (£24 UK) and you could be looking at a total spend of $125-$130. It's a small price to pay for techniques and material that you'll use for a lifetime but a lot to pay if you'll never use this stuff (and there will be many that won't).

Recommended.

Very nice review! I still havn't had time to get to the book test part but I re-read up to that point again. And this is not for the curious as someone suggested. You will have to put time into this- yes - some memorization work but with that comes a piece of brilliant mentalism. I can only imagine how good the book test is going to be. I am trying to get ready for another show I have but am having trouble spending time on it as "The Real Thing" has really got a hold of me. I'm loving the principle behind this! Hope to get back to the Book Test this evening....

RNK
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has contributed their perspectives to this thread! I'm sure that I am not alone in appreciating your feedback.

I did want to take the time to address one thing, and that is the idea that there is a lot of memorization involved. There are four distinct iterations of the principle explored in the book. Taken as a whole, there would be a lot of memorization required. However, when introduced effect by effect, it is easily manageable and could be accomplished in one day for each. I did also want to say that the book test looks like there is a lot of memorization required, but that is down to a flaw in my writing style and my desire to try to address the styles and preferences of every potential reader. It is difficult to simultaneously address this and be vague, but let me just say that if you can memorize the alphabet, you can get down to using this book test, and what I say at the end of the "Technical Details" section that addresses it is the most important point to understand.

So, while it may seem like a lot of memorization, I've really just included a lot of options to aid in recollection, but my approach is to just take the most direct route and it is far easier than it sounds in the book.

I hope that was helpful!

Thanks again to anyone who has taken an interest in this thread and my work.

Best,

Atlas
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I performed the lie-detectorish effect today, which is probably the easiest of them all.

The audience loved it. It worked perfectly. I was EASILY able to discern who was lying. I'm not going to lie, I was a little apprehensive of trying it, but I forced myself to try it since that is the only way I could learn. I am so glad I did. I can't stress enough how extremely easy this was. There was little to no effort from me at all.

I later just tested out the main principle at play by just having them name random words... wow... out of 14 words, only 3 were missed. This REALLY makes me want to try the book test.

Looks like I'll be spending another $37 XD
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I also have this and like it very much.

It is easier then you would think once you just talk yourself into doing this type of mentalism.

This is mentalism down to the core and you are doing exactly what you are telling them you are doing. It is pure and simple and is seen as real mind reading by spectators.

Forget about faking it as you would when using a billet or marked deck, because you are really reading and connecting with the person. As far as people who are watching are concerned, you are truly reading minds. You are a mind reader.

I do not see any problems in learning this. At the first read, it may seem as you may have wasted your money because it reads like a text book and you may be the type of person who is use to buying store bought tricks. This isn't something that will do the magic for you. No, this takes a little work and this is the kind of thing that separates the magic trickers from the mentalist. If you are like many who think that mentalism would be cool to add to your card tricks and want to impress your school friends, then this is NOT for you. This is mentalism plain and simple. You are really doing what you told people you are going to do. Everyone will think that this is 'The Real Thing'.

You don't have to memorized everything that is written in the PDF. Just select one idea and learn it. Make it fit you and you will find something amazing happening. You will see things more clearly and realized that it will even start to feel real to you. Because it is as real as you can get. You are truly reading the person and guiding them to an out come that you want.

Although I haven't done this very routine, I have done very similar effects that uses this idea. One of the ways that I have done this was to have the person think of their word and go directly into TAC.

Because this plays so real, I found it best to set the stage so that it becomes truly real and very believable to everyone present. I would do some kind of process with the person or people involved before I did the routine. This will create an amazing psychic atmosphere that will draw people into a world of wonder.

Yes, I love the idea behind the book test that is talked about in this PDF. WOW!

Is this for everyone? ...... Maybe not........because most of what I am seeing these days are kids jumping on the Mentalism band wagon. They think that it is cool to learn a few mind reading tricks (as they call them). I also see magicians climbing aboard also for the same reason. They want to add mentalism to their cards from air and rabbits out of a hat. They are looking for easy and 100% dead on hits. What they are really after is metal magic and not mentalism. This PDF 'The Real Thing' isn't for them because it don't fit into their quick fix of learning and doing all within minutes of reading about it.

'The Real Thing' is for those who are not afraid of standing face to face with someone and using nothing more than their mind. They use their mind to create 'The Real Thing'.

With 'The Real Thing' I can determine who is holding my business card from two people. Here you could add a which hand effect also. Once I determine the person holding my card or little note, I can have them select a word from the sentence that is written. Then looking into their eyes, I am able to tell them their thought of word. And to make it fun, before I tell them their word, you could go straight into TAC and then back to the original word. WOW.....

Ray
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Ray,

Thanks for your kind words! Yes, this is a principle that is taught that is then applied in a multi-phased and layered way into a number of unique effects that leave nothing to hide because there was nothing but your brain to begin with.

And, I agree - I do love the way that Steve Yachanin's 'Thought Association Card' was integrated into part of the routine.

If you are looking for a quick and easy trick that you can do in five minutes (a formulaic recipe), this probably doesn't fit your criteria. But if you are willing to spend an hour or two of effort learning (no sleights at all) the technique, you will have something that you can perform anytime and in nearly any situation.

As with 'The Prodigal', I encourage you to understand the nature of the technique that is examined, give you tips and examples of routines (some pretty darn fine ones at that, in my opinion) that you can perform with it, and then encourage you to find ways to adapt the material to fit your own unique and personalized needs.

It may sound complex, but it really is not. Take it piece by piece, and you will end up with a strong command of everything discussed.

And this is something that you could perform without ever worrying that someone can Google what just happened and find the thing performed and exposed on YouTube.

Again, thanks everyone for your feedback and kind words.

Best,

Atlas
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-02-22 15:41, MagicAtlas wrote:
Ray,

T

And this is something that you could perform without ever worrying that someone can Google what just happened and find the thing performed and exposed on YouTube.

Again, thanks everyone for your feedback and kind words.

Best,

Atlas

How true!!!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I performed the lie detector for a psychology major today and told them that I was purely using psychology (how true) this blew her away. She stood there as I performed it on 2 other people.

This actually worked in a weird way. The tell of the lie was SO obvious. I mean it was EXTREMELY obvious. This made it 1,000 better. Now the effect wasn't "how did he know who it was" it was now "how did he make her feel so guilty that she practically told him who it was."

Another cool thing about this technique is that you can explain how it works and it makes it all the more intriguing.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Maddy, you are right.

There are many situations where intentionally revealing the method you employ in the lie detector routine actually improves your credibility. It provides excellent misdirection for everything else that you perform, and convinces your audience that you truly are capable of impressive mind control. Winning the audience over is essential and it has never been so easy.

Part of the reason I love this is because it works so admirably at setting the premise for everything else that you do, and it is wonderful to hear your audience members plump for the authenticity of everything they just witnessed - even (and especially) when they are at a loss to find any rational explanation for it.

I will caution you that the lie detector is the only thing I'd explain, nothing else - and even then, I would evaluate that decision on a case-by-case basis and weighed against the overall set. It makes sense in some circumstances, it doesn't in others.

Well done, by the way, on your performance for the psych major! I'd wager your stock went up about a thousand percent with her!

Best,

Atlas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Real Thing by Atlas Brookings - Just Released (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.38 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL