The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » French Kiss -Wayne Houchin Question (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
So, I really love french kiss by wyne houchin it gets the best reaction but I don't like the fact that it pretty much ruins three cards. does anybody know a solution to this? otherwise I cant do it more than once table hopping, and if you do do it more than once, how do you load in the d********s?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Sam
Gleemax17
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Gleemax17
One way forcing deck or you can use a blank deck and do a transportation with the signatures like I did in the past.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Use business cards.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I just go to my "junk box" of busted up decks to grab a few extras for the night. As for loading them in, I just throw them on top before approaching the group or table.
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
M Sini, do you have them ready to go in your pocket?
Sepharoth
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Sepharoth
It is very possible to do this multiple times in a night. As gleemax17 rightly said, one way is to get a forcing deck - this is the way I do it. I have a forcing deck full of 2 of spades, and keep about 10 of those cards in my inside pocket. When you've performed french kiss once, you're left with your signed card on top. All you now have to do is turn around for a brief moment, grab one of the spares from your pocket and put that second from top. That leaves you ready to perform it again Smile
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Yes. I keep a small packet of them in my pocket and normally have one set loaded if I know I'm going to perform it at the next table. I just toss the unused one after each performance or hang out to it for a T&R routine.
jimvines
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
161 Posts

Profile of jimvines
FK by WH is such an amazing trick. Mindblowing. But... to me it's really more of a bar trick where people are drinking (but not so much eating). I feel like when people are sitting at a dining table, it's kind of weird to fold up a card with your hands and ask them to put it in their mouth... After all, they've just seen you pull these cards out of your pocket, probably have also seen other people at other tables handling the cards with their fingers, etc. I'm not a germophobe at all; but I know that some of the guests in my restaurant are, and I would be highly reluctant to do this trick tablehopping for that reason.
Magic & Mentalism
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I agree with Jim on this, but then again, if the moment feels right, who are we to tell you otherwise, right? Smile Personally, I would never do this in a restaurant b/c it could easily spoil the guests appetite. In a strolling environment or stage show, yes...your mileage may vary...

Anyhow, when I do this strolling (not in a restaurant), I will have about 10 cards pre-made in my pocket. I have 5 of one card, and 5 of another card. That way if someone should happen to see this twice, I make sure it's a different card. It's simple enough to ring in the pre-signed card at the appropriate moment.

Buy yourself 2 or 3 forcing decks and you're all set for moments like this... Smile
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
1031ent
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of 1031ent
Or you could use a hold out device like the UCCU. I love leaving my gaffed cards in the UCCU and just pulling one out whenever I need it. Nobody even realizes I am setting up for the next trick.
JeffreyMichael1127
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of JeffreyMichael1127
I recently saw Wayne Houchin speak on this at a lecture. He now does it with the use of a notepad instead of playing cards. He has the spectator autograph a page in his notepad. Then he tears it out and folds it up to give to them to hold in their mouth. He then signs his name in the notepad, tears it out, folds it up, and puts it in his mouth. A bit of build up and presto...the signatures have changed places.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I saw him lecture as well. The notepad idea is a great alternative.
frankie5aces
View Profile
New user
Nowhere
77 Posts

Profile of frankie5aces
I have discovered another way of doing this trick where you only destroy 2 cards..
It requires acting and can be attributed to a hugard trick called relativity and cards.
Maybe you can use that same principle and rip the card in half. Using a dupe and a force. That might be a stronger trick since you can show that they are halves of the same card...
Actually..I like that. I'm going to work in that idea now and get back to you.
Stratton Magic
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
35 Posts

Profile of Stratton Magic
I don't own FK, but in lieu of a forcing deck you could do what David Williamson does for T&R Transpo - get two decks and faro them together. That gives you pairs of duplicates for about half of what a forcing deck would cost.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2014, twistedace wrote:
I saw him lecture as well. The notepad idea is a great alternative.

I recently saw the lecture as well, the notepads he uses are only about 40 cents at Walmart ! great alternative !
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just can't imagine ever doing this effect. Putting a playing card business card or any other card in your mouth is like putting paper money in your mouth. I'm not a germophobe, but I just don't think it is a good idea to ask someone to put a card that has been handled by a bunch of people, perhaps fallen on the floor, been spread on a table, etc., in their mouth.

KJ
BenJammin69
View Profile
New user
Baton Rouge, LA
7 Posts

Profile of BenJammin69
I'm not big on putting cards in my mouth either, but it is a very cool trick. I do a 2 card transposition that has the same loading issues. My favorite solution to this is to load the deck using Steve Reynolds techniques in InVestment. It can be used to add cards and ditch cards pretty easily.
tommyellison
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of tommyellison
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
I just can't imagine ever doing this effect. Putting a playing card business card or any other card in your mouth is like putting paper money in your mouth. I'm not a germophobe, but I just don't think it is a good idea to ask someone to put a card that has been handled by a bunch of people, perhaps fallen on the floor, been spread on a table, etc., in their mouth.

KJ

What if you used a rubber band and placed it around their two hands holding them together? You let someone band your hands likewise and let the transposition begin....?
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
I too love the notepad idea- but the paper of the two notepads I've used is too thin/translucent (Cambridge and Mead) does anyone who does this with a notepad have a brand with thick enough paper? This feels like such a silly question- but I'm telling you that if I had anyone sign the pads I'm using they would see things they shouldn't. Thank you
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2014, tommyellison wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2014, 1KJ wrote:

KJ

What if you used a rubber band and placed it around their two hands holding them together? You let someone band your hands likewise and let the transposition begin....?

I like this idea!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » French Kiss -Wayne Houchin Question (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL