The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » French Kiss -Wayne Houchin Question (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommyellison
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of tommyellison
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2014, tommyellison wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
I just can't imagine ever doing this effect. Putting a playing card business card or any other card in your mouth is like putting paper money in your mouth. I'm not a germophobe, but I just don't think it is a good idea to ask someone to put a card that has been handled by a bunch of people, perhaps fallen on the floor, been spread on a table, etc., in their mouth.

KJ

What if you used a rubber band and placed it around their two hands holding them together? You let someone band your hands likewise and let the transposition begin....?

I like this idea!

It will then leave you in perfect position to do "Crazyman's handcuffs"....
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3864 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Yes, I love CMH. I have an entire CMH routine with several different methods, some easy, some pretty noodle blowin'

Great thought, T.

KJ
Digitalyosh
View Profile
New user
Southern California
76 Posts

Profile of Digitalyosh
I started using pocket sketchbooks to perform the notepad version (no issues with transparency) and initiate the conversation by stating to sign your name or draw something of significance while my own "drawing" differs depending on my mood.
Current things to work on: Everything loops, Pinky count, Coins coins coins...
Magic1
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
391 Posts

Profile of Magic1
DigitalYosh- what brand?
Digitalyosh
View Profile
New user
Southern California
76 Posts

Profile of Digitalyosh
I use Rhodia wirebound paper. It's thick enough that there's no bleed through with fountain pens either. Takes some adjustment to work out the move, but it's achievable.
Current things to work on: Everything loops, Pinky count, Coins coins coins...
Magic1
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
391 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Thanks Yosh!
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2014, Magic1 wrote:
I too love the notepad idea- but the paper of the two notepads I've used is too thin/translucent (Cambridge and Mead) does anyone who does this with a notepad have a brand with thick enough paper? This feels like such a silly question- but I'm telling you that if I had anyone sign the pads I'm using they would see things they shouldn't. Thank you

It was mentioned on either During Wayne's lecture here in Richmond a couple of months back, or on the instructional DVD. When doing the notepad version, don't use a sharpie. Instead, use a ballpoint pen. It won't bleed through like a marker will.

I also wouldn't ask a restaurant patron to put a card in their mouth.
Magic1
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
391 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Thanks Michael, I was using regular pen/pencil, but it still showed through. I'm off to art stores in search of a heavier duty notebook. I really enjoy the effect and thank all of you (and Magicman491) for starting/contributing to this thread
Magic1
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
391 Posts

Profile of Magic1
If anyone else has come up with other solutions, let me know. Thanks
A Birthday Magician
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of A Birthday Magician
I have a whole deck set up so I can repeat it many times...just bought one way decks...added old cards. Its very rare for someone to refuse to bight down on the card. It's my favourite card trick.
Trentonmatthew
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Trentonmatthew
Any “bristle board” notebook for artists should be thick enough.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2454 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I have done this table hopping, but instead of having them put it in their mouth, I have them pinch it between their knuckles. I then put "mine" between my knuckles and then touch the two cards together. Works for me.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
735 Posts

Profile of equivoque
How difficult is this to perform, sleight of hand wise?
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1613 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I think either version, card or notepad is pretty easy, at most a 3 on a 1-10 scale (10 being hardest).

Quote:
On May 27, 2020, equivoque wrote:
How difficult is this to perform, sleight of hand wise?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » French Kiss -Wayne Houchin Question (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL