The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Candlelight and IT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
IT, particularly Loops, seems like an ideal after dinner illusion to present to a group of friends after a nice meal. Several elements are there to work with: spinning fork, jumping fork from wineglass, floating ring, matchbox (Falling), floating napkin, Touching Trick, etc.

Dimming the lights slightly sets a nice ambiance of enchantment.

Under these circumstances, will candlelight expose IT?

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

José
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Jason Bay
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
117 Posts

Profile of Jason Bay
Since a candle is a point light source just like an electric bulb, you will still need to watch your "reflection" angles, so that the IT won't glare.

That said, IT will typically become much more invisible under candles because of the dim light and diffused, flickering shadows.
DrDale
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DrDale
Well said Jason
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Just as Jason said, candles do expose IT, case it makes for a reflection on the thread, as for loops l have not had that problem yet, cause often doing routines your hands make a shadow so the light do not reflect on the loop.
The inventor of the loop - Finn Jon has lecture notes with routines and lighting concerns, l can try to contact him to see if their for sale.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Digital Backlot
View Profile
Regular user
So. Cali
115 Posts

Profile of Digital Backlot
Loops are the best for that sort of lighting I agree with Eirik, in fact I've even used it in a very bright hospital and if you keep about two feet from the person, you can't see IT
Joel Payne
CEO 3D Filmmakers
www.DigitalBacklot.com
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Thank you guys. I have appreciated the help.

José
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Check out Ammars Thread DVD's on the subject, all you will have to know about lighting, hook-ups, loops etc.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Candlelight and IT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL