The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Modern Mentalism Notes - S. Xavier (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Hello,

I never read any S. Xavier e-book. This one seems to be interesting. Any advice ? The lottery ticket effect (Fortuna) vaguely reminds me something but I'm not sure.

Description here : http://www.lybrary.com/modern-mentalism-notes-p-120355.html

Thanks to those who bought Tryptik, republishing of my e-book, I have some money to spend on Lybrary now to encourage fellow performers.
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Is Mr S.X. a so bad guy that nobody dares to admit that he bought some of his e-books ?.. Smile
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I vaguely recall that period of time when Mr X was around the Café. His Phoenix Peek was sub par and unperformable by anyone with any dignity. Another manuscript I purchased, I thought, was nowhere ready to be a retail manuscript.

He may well have improved in the time passed. Experience wizens us. Keep us posted, I'd love to know of something of his that is excellent. He always seemed like a nice guy, other than his whatever-action that got him as banned as banned gets.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2890 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Most threads with his name on did vanish.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
rioslautaro
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of rioslautaro
Tom I'm curious to know why you consider the xavier's peek subpar and unperformable by anyone with any dignity and what is the peek you prefer to do.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2206 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Tom's sig will provide the answer you're looking for.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 22:04, rioslautaro wrote:
Tom I'm curious to know why you consider the xavier's peek subpar and unperformable by anyone with any dignity and what is the peek you prefer to do.

I'm curious as to why you're taking your 14 posts to defend Xavier on more than one thread?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12447 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-02-24 10:26, Fred Darevil wrote:
Hello,

I never read any S. Xavier e-book. This one seems to be interesting. Any advice ? The lottery ticket effect (Fortuna) vaguely reminds me something but I'm not sure.

Description here : http://www.lybrary.com/modern-mentalism-notes-p-120355.html

Thanks to those who bought Tryptik, republishing of my e-book, I have some money to spend on Lybrary now to encourage fellow performers.

Scott Creasy has a nice lottery effect at lybrary Fred. Psi-Lottery. Check it out.

http://www.lybrary.com/psilotto-p-313342......d=105827

Also his Corporate Mentalist I can't recommend high enough. If you want to spend money these are both good buys.

http://www.lybrary.com/the-corporate-men......d=105827

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Well, as I recall, the thing requires you to peek while peeking...that is, you must hold your hands in a horizontal-horizontal prayer position, and at eye level. That means that you must get in that awkward position each time you perform it...fake peeking while you actually are peeking. I thought it just wasn't above the average considering what was out there in 2006...thus sub-par...and definitely more cumbersome than any of the latest progression of peek-tears: Wells' Index Card Tear, Think Pink, R2D2 and T-Rex.

I do recall him being a very active performer (in Chicago, I believe), and experience brings wisdom, so his latest works may well have that wisdom of 7 years' added experience behind them.

To answer the 2nd question, my personal performing conditions and Mitox dictate a peek with 3x5 index cards that can be done slowly, cleanly and in segments, so I use Think Pink and Wells' Index Card Tear. I can certainly use the faster ones, but I am 'comfortable in my skin', so I mainly use these two.

Peeks are like hats. Get one that looks and fits you good, and it's the best one there is.
Pomyles
View Profile
New user
Here
78 Posts

Profile of Pomyles
Anybody else knows Scott Creasy's Psi-Lotto compared to Xavier's Fortuna ?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10322 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Scott always seems to come off as a but of a huckster in his writing materials and in his performance. He's good at making things sound better than they are. He seems to be better at the hype than the material. There was some problems with him releasing materials or rehashed material that wasn't his to do so or improperly without permission if I seem to recall. He seemed to get himself a poor reputation here. Not sure if he was banned to just disappeared once his reputation became tarnished. I've seen his performances and was not impressed.

I also see that the original poster above has also been banned from here now.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I'd agree with that assessment.

You'd be referring to Scott X, not Scott C, (in case there's any doubt).
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
I think Scott Creasey's Q&A is pretty sweet!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Modern Mentalism Notes - S. Xavier (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL