The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A TASTE OF CHAOS - LOKI KROSS [new thread] (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
812 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Looking forward to Loki's new T&R card DVD!

Just thought I woud start another thread here since I messed up the title in the previous one - http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&5

Please post below if you have more infomation aout the trailer. Or if you have any reviews.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Thank you Bob!

I will re post my initial response here, as well.

"Hey guys!

Thank you for your interest!

As for information, the ad tells it like it is.

The product is done, and I have my copies. The rest are at Murphy's getting sorted out, shipped, ect.
Once they are on the way to shops, the demo should be available.

I have the finished demo, per their request, and it will go public soon.
This should all start happening in the first week of March. That is what I am told.

I hope that helps

If you have any specific questions, please ask.

Thank you again for your interest, very soon, more will be revealed
LokI"

Thanks again Bob!
More info to come in the next week, I'm sure!

(Plus I had videos of these up last year, so I know some have seen them. I will say that I have really worked non-stop on finessing them since then. This project took 5 years to make "Right", by my standards. (Just the method) I hope you all enjoy it!)
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Considering LokI's brilliant thinking in FAX, I think we're in for a revolution in the T&R plot!

Zombieland
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Im eager for this as well. I posted on this from another topic. I believe this is a polished effect from a video I saw a few months ago. Really nice and clean effect. Not sure of the surroundings or angles but the way the torn card was being handled the spectator gets almost full view front and back of the card almost the entire time.. again saw it a while ago but looking at it as a laymen felt sweet. Cause I had no idea how he was working it. Cant wait to see, read or hear more about this.
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Wow Paisa23!
Thanks!

I am thrilled that it was memorable enough to post about!

LokI
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1132 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Loki, what do you consider are the strengths of your version as opposed to what is currently out there?
I am a TnR fan, looking forward to this.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Well paperinick, there are 2 on the DVD.

One is more advanced and one is more simple. (With over 45 minutes of instruction and 30 minutes of "Pro-Tips", it is about 80 minutes of teaching, 95 overall.)
The good thing is, the simple one will help you to get to the more advanced one.

They both have their strengths.
Until the demo comes out, I do not want to say too much, but here is the ad copy from the box. (With extra bits added in these parentheticals)

------------------------------------------
"Two TNRs that range from Beginner to Expert"

Legacy: A Hyper-Visual, 4-piece, signed TNR. With No Prefold, No gimmicks, No sticky. (Also there is no switching the card at the end).

With restorations that happen with No Cover, and it can be shown on both sides, hands empty, after every phase.

(It also includes 2 additional restorations. So you can do 3 different ones. It is 36 minutes of teaching, film-cuts, all over shoulder, spectator view at speed. There is also over 30 minutes of "Pro-Tips" from myself, Christopher Rose, and Jeff McBride on the DVD.)

Mythos: (The easy one)
This is not just a signed TNR, it is a performance piece that can be done for up to 2 participants.

It can be done from a sealed, borrowed, or any deck.

It begins and ends clean, (nothing added or taken away), with a restoration they will feel happening in their own hand.

It has an editable pdf with a script that turns it into a 5-6 minute performance piece. With an optional way to do the ending. With one climax, or two.

Mythos IS the TNR that can be a freely selected card from a borrowed deck (impromptu), and restores in their hand. (They even see it is their card pieces before you put them in their hand) No gimmicks or anything.

Legacy is what I always wanted a 4 piece TNR to be. So I spent 5 years on it. (Well over 2,000 hours. Outliers, eat your heart out Smile )
It starts with open hands and a card. It is folded and torn. Each piece is shown separate.
The restorations look like the pieces melt together, with no cover.
You CAN show both sides and hands empty, EVERY phase, (But it becomes overkill, it is more for when someone wants to check. Affirming each phase can actually bore some people, but it is there.)
It is signed. They can inspect the card immediately after it is put back together. And everything ends looking clean. (I have several methods and ruses for this).

Hopefully that helps. I wanted to create a TNR that hit all the areas others have issues with other TNRs. While still keeping it magical, and not "Surgical".

During the process Mythos evolved.

And while I love performing Legacy, and feel it is very natural, and practical, (I use it to push spectators "over the edge"), Mythos is a real practical worker, as well.
I usually have my clients bring a new deck just to do it. It also offers the ability to warm read your spectators. If you wanted.

So I tried my best over the years to make this into something special.
To put it in perspective. I spent 3 years working my FAX method into magic, (And I knew it beforehand).
I have spent 5 years working on this, everyday.

I hope that helps,

LokI
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
881 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
OK. You have gotten my attention. Looking forward to seeing the demo.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I have a passion for TNRs. I can't wait to see the demo.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Demo?
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Showmethatagain
I've been waiting for this since the Geni ad! Love torn and restored effects and Loki fax was amazing thinking.
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Because of some of my posts here on the Café about Fax and The Velvet Expanse, I was lucky enough to get to talk to LokI in private via Skype. During our conversation, I mentioned that I was looking forward to ATOC, and he offered to perform both Legacy and Mythos for me there and then!

They are both great effects!

Legacy totally fooled me - it looks so magical. I was able to choose what name LokI wrote on the card before he performed the effect. It really does look like the sort of TnR effect a lot of us have been waiting and wishing for. It will take most of us some time to be as smooth as LokI is, I'm sure, but it'll be worth it! I can't wait to learn this... Smile

Mythos is a very good, very entertaining effect with the focus on the story, and the tearing of the card being integral to the storyline. I love the way the spectator is drawn into it. Again, I was able to choose what LokI wrote on the cards, so there was no way he could have pre-empted what was going to be written on them. (Actually, I don't think he was intending to perform either of these effects to me during our conversation anyway, but when I mentioned ATOC, he offered to - so there was no way he would even have given it any thought beforehand! And when performing to spectators face-to-face, of course, the spectators write on the cards themselves.) Obviously I wasn't able to hold the card to experience it restoring in my own hand, but I got a very real sense of the wonder a spectator would feel with the magic happening in their hands! Smile

So often I read about an effect and get enthusiastic about it, only to be disappointed when I see it. Not so with either of these effects. I re-read what LokI wrote in his post above on this thread and can honestly say that he is not exaggerating. (The only thing I would say is that I would have to make sure that if I borrowed a deck from someone, they knew cards would be written on and that any future games they might play with them would be compromised! Smile)

Has anybody else seen these effects yet? If so, what did you think?

Rich
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2240 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I agree.

Very clean T n R which I cant wait to get released.

This is going to be killer.

I also talked to Loki via Skype, and he also performed it for me, and its great!

Looks like one will have to practice to make it look as smooth as Loki, but it will be worth it.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
812 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Any idea when I can buy a copy?
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Thank you for the kind words everyone Smile

Bob, I PM'ed you Smile

As well, I should just say that I produced/published this.
Murphy's is my partner in distribution. So I have agreed to wait on their "Go get 'em!" to release the demo. (I'm told very soon, Blackpool was very busy for them).

But I DO have copies to sell, and I have no restrictions on those sales, other than MSRP. (No exclusivity).

So you can wait on the demo, or buy from me now. Or buy from me after the demo. It is all good Smile
(I always stand behind my claims, Thanks for noticing guys!)

Or at your favorite magic shop, when it drops in a week or so.
(Just keep in mind I have "normal people" shipping Smile U.S. is cheapest, obviously.)

Options!

LokI
kylkmann
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kylkmann
Loki, from reading this, I'm ready to purchase from you now. I'm a huge TnR guy. Been studying it for years, and it is one of my staples.
So, I'm interested in getting it immediately. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks. Fax is amazing by the way.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
After FAX, I'm really looking forward to this. I hope they give the green light to show the trailer soon.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
We can order direct from LokI Kross. Mine should be here today or tomorrow. After FAX, I had to see what this guy is up to with the T&R plot.
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Thanks for pointing it out Zombie! Yours will be in today, I know! (I thought it would have been in by Saturday. Priority mail Smile)

As well, BMWguy should have his by now too!

kylkmann, I PM'd you a few days ago Smile

LokI

PS. I will be getting a firmer release date and demo date ASAP.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2240 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Yeah I got mine in, problem is it comes to my parents house, so I need to wait till I see my parents to get it.

Cant wait.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A TASTE OF CHAOS - LOKI KROSS [new thread] (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL