The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Future clock request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Ogura
View Profile
New user
minnesota
28 Posts

Profile of William Ogura
There is a future clock on ebay right now and I know in 6 days I am going to getting into a last minute bidding war and possibly pay way too much considering how much income I have. I have set myself a limit of 100$ but know that I won't stop there. And while this is not the place for this and I am sort of abusing the forum, I would like to offer the chance for anybody to help me avoid eating ramen noodles for lunch and dinner for the next month by selling me (a lowly starbucks barista in love with tenyo) a duplicate, new or gently used for a reasonable price up to 100$. Thank you for your consideration and sorry to turn this forum into a want list, but I really do want that clock.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Great post - and no forum abuse at all!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Last month there was a Future Clock on beay France for 50euros. I don't buy it because allready have one. But just for say that I think you can find one if you are patient. I hope someone on the Café can help you.
William Ogura
View Profile
New user
minnesota
28 Posts

Profile of William Ogura
And I am also looking for a mind scanner. I would like to put them together for the sherlock holmes presentation. It sounds like a pretty interesting package.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
William

I have learned over the last 3 months that Tenyo collecting is not for those on a budget. If you focus on Tenyo available from the retailer, the release of the past few years, then you can easily collect and continue to collect new releases every year for normal and reasonable prices.

However once you turn you interest, as I have, to anything T-100 to T-202, be prepared for most of these to cost you $100 to even crazier amounts as you can see on eB-- (a Future Clock for almost $400, Mystery China Box for almost $350, Ribbon Forever for $315!)

To my experience, there are very few deals to be found. And don't forget to add about $20 of postage fees, plus if you live out of the contry like most of the purchase I make, I can get duty processing fees of $15 + 15% tax. It gets expensive quickly.

I don't know how deep the pockets are of Tenyo collectors, but I fear that my purchases will be worth a lot less in the future. At least I am enjoying them for the fun they bring me, and I am lucky that I can afford, for now, the purchases that I have made.
William Ogura
View Profile
New user
minnesota
28 Posts

Profile of William Ogura
I tried to limit myself to just the current releases but now that I have everything easily acquired I find that some of the older tricks seem much more interesting. I decided to get a weekend job at a local restaurant to supply some extra funds. Luckily the tricks I find more interesting are ones that are not extremely rare, otherwise I would really have a hard time with this. Although I disagree about there being no deals, not a lot, but I did just get a new prison box for 32$ from a shop in canada. So they are out there, but I will probably never see one like that again.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Good for you William. That is quite a good deal. I am still looking for one after the BNIP arrived with one side discoloured, probably from being displayed in a store window exposed to the sun. Useless...
William Ogura
View Profile
New user
minnesota
28 Posts

Profile of William Ogura
I should probably have traded it to someone who had an opened one, I feel bad everytime I open a rare item knowing that there are only so many in the world. I am only buying to see how they work and secondly to perform. I just don't find a whole lot of used ones on ebay.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
I have a sun damaged one that is open if you want, for free, and I would pay you a fair price for your prison box.
William Ogura
View Profile
New user
minnesota
28 Posts

Profile of William Ogura
I would help but I like the item to be mint just not the packaging, I asked someone for you, I'll let you know what they say, or they might contact you.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
William, I just checked what Stereo thankfully proposed and it seems the seller will put the item (111012947097) for sale again sooner or later since it wasn't sold. Maybe you can convince him to send worldwide in case he doesn't do anyway!
Hope that helps!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Future clock request (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL