The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Duck bucket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Hi, this is my first time posting. I'm interested in using the duck bucket in my act to produce a West highland terrier dog, but I have not been able to find the measurements of the bucket. Can you please tell me the height and width of the bucket? And do you guys think a dog of that size can fit in the bucket?
Thanks Smile
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
You may have better luck posting this in the Polly Want a Cracker forum, second to last in the Stage/Platform/Parlour section. It specializes in performing with animals.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
No, I would not use a dog because of the size. I use to use my kitten in the bucket. Now my cat is to big for the bucket. I think it is best if a magician builder builds you a mirror box.
Smile

Dynamike
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Sounds like you may have to get one custom made

Sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
http://home.att.net/~harlinmagic/dropoutbucket.html

Dave Harlin, makes the best duck bucket on the market and can custom make them at a price just slightly higher than the mass produced ones. He can also e-mail you pictures on measuring your dog for the bucket.

His email is harlinmagic@att.net

I love the drop-out feature and how deceptive his bucket is. I highly recommend them.

G0THIKE
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Thanks I will have to look in to the drop out bucket. But I'm on a budget so I don't know. Smile
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
I recommend the Harlin Bucket as well. My adult ducks fit in it. He's also a real nice guy and easy to work with.

Beware of the numerous "Duck buckets" for sale on ebay, etc. I believe they are made by MAK. Although they are priced right and resonably made the Load area is no way big enough for a Duck (or your Terrier). They will fit a dwarf rabbit. Chalet and Owen make the cream of the crop in Buckets $$$.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Chalet will make one to suit you. I had to modify my dove props to produce live lobsters for a chain. Make sure you weight test any equipment you use for a dog that was meant to be for something else.

If George at Chalet can't get your "dog" bucket in time, try Joe at magicauction.com. He specializes in wooden props.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
I recently saw an oval bucket, on the magic auction web site. It appears just right for a small pooch and is a little different from the rest.

Don't know about the quality but it is only $90 on auction.

http://www.magicauction.com/Mag_auc/stage.htm

Scroll down there are a few buckets.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Well I ordered the bucket a while ago from Dave Harlin. I ordered it custom made and now just waiting for it to ship. Hopefully soon, cause the show I need it for is next week. So now it's the waiting period.

UPDATE: Feb 14, 2004

I got the bucket yesterday...and let me say it's big. It's about 21 inches high (comes up to my knees)and is 22 inches across. But it's great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Duck bucket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL