The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quantum Bender 3 & Energy Bender. (147 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..30~31~32 [Next]
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Looking forward to seeing this in person.

Does anyone have presentation tips, or a unique routine, they'd be open to sharing, for the QB3? Well, guess it would be for the QB or QB2, since those are the ones that have been available =)
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Presentation tip is not to rush the bending, will draw attention to it. Just ask the audience a couple of questions i.e do you believe in mind over matter, do you believe in the power of your mind. Chances are high that they will definitely look at your eyes when they answer your questions.

My 2p worth.

Neil.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Lots and lots and lots of new presentation ideas on the latest QB3 DVD which comes with it - including handlings by Jerome Finley and others.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Also a comment sent to me via email this morning from the amazing Marc Spelmann regarding his new QB3:

"Got my QB3, solid rugged piece of kit.. Very very nice..

With kindest regards

Marc Spelmann AIMC"
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
I have a few QB3 "seconds" left. I'm discounting these due to minor flaws. Some of them have such a small flaw in the paint that I could probably almost sell them as brand new. The paint doesn't really matter anyways, as no one ever really see's it. It's also very easy to touch up the paint as well, and I teach everything that's needed to know on the DVD. It will also come with the lifetime warranty for all the metal parts, just like the new units. I'm sure you'd be very happy with one of these, as a brand new one may eventually get a scratch or chip anyways. Some QB3 owners are picking one of these up, for a back up!

PM me if interested. Thanks!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Just got my QB3. Man, it's a nice little tool. DVD was very well done and informative. The optical key bend is really the way to go on this in my opinion (though the in-the-hand would be a good for a second coin, or a repeat, I think). Trying to brainstorm a little bit of a backstory / routine for this, to give the amazing effect, a story worthy of it, to really stick in the spectator's mind.

Thanks John, this is really a well-made tool! The moving parts are very smoothly aligned and even.
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Just got my QB3. Man, it's a nice little tool. DVD was very well done and informative. The optical key bend is really the way to go on this in my opinion (though the in-the-hand would be a good for a second coin, or a repeat, I think). Trying to brainstorm a little bit of a backstory / routine for this, to give the amazing effect, a story worthy of it, to really stick in the spectator's mind.

Thanks John, this is really a well-made tool! The moving parts are very smoothly aligned and even.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I received mine about one week ago, practiced using a roll of quarters, and already now have been walking around for days utterly baffling people. The tool is compact, incredibly sturdy and well-made, a dead ringer for a real sharpie, and allows even a tiny little guy like me to bend quarters and nickles with ease. This is easily the best money I've ever spent on an expensive close-up gimmick.
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Just a heads up for our UK magicians. I used my QB3 on a 20p coin and it didn't quite work! I heard a clicking noise when I tried bending. I think the 20p is not a worthy coin, as I believe it's made from two separate parts.

1p bends like butter and the 2p a bit more work and the 5p is quite difficult but do-able. The 50p I find somewhat easier to bend than the 5p. Of course, the 50p doesn't entirely fit but can get a decent bend nearer to the edge of the coin.

There's an effect on Etienne Pradier's DVD, V2 where you produce four coins under four playing cards, can't remember the name of the effect but I think if you're just using 2p, 1p, or whichever coin you prefer, utilising this coin production would be perfect to roll into the coin bend. At least you'll have a coin that you'll be comfortable with, knowing it'll bend! Before hand, I used to grab a bunch of specific coins and get a spectator to select one. But now, I'll have four of the same coins, after the coin productions, get the spectator to select one then go into the coin bend.

Best.

Neil.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Neil, I uses 20p all that time with no issues at all. Just make sure the coin is 'bumped up' against one end of the sl**
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2014, bond19 wrote:
I uses 20p all that time with no issues at all.

That's interesting, thanks for sharing.

Best.

Neil.
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Fyi just tried a half dollar, a bit too large, and so leaves edge marks on the coin. However, quarters work wonderfully, and I actually really like a gentle bend in a penny, as it looks like almost all of the penny's surface area is bending, due to the proportions. Very neat and magical looking!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Missed the mailman yesterday, excited to pick it up at the PO this morning on the way out to work !
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2014, mcmc wrote:
Fyi just tried a half dollar, a bit too large, and so leaves edge marks on the coin. However, quarters work wonderfully, and I actually really like a gentle bend in a penny, as it looks like almost all of the penny's surface area is bending, due to the proportions. Very neat and magical looking!

A half dollar is a little big.

Did you remove the spacer material completely in the slot to allow for a larger coin?
Tricster6
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Tricster6
This may be a stupid question but is the energy bender shipping now?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
No it's a very good question.

I just received a beta test unit in hand this week. Simply Awesome!

I plan to do some sessioning with John soon to go over the moves - but you guys are in for another huge treat!

It's not releasing yet as john hasn't finished the DVD editing yet. But good things come to those who wait.

The energy bender really deserves it's own thread. Dynamite.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
After playing the "what the h3ll happened to my package" shell game at 2 PO's, I FINALLY have mine - Yaaaaaaa.

DVD is very well done & nothing (imo) is left to question. The QB3 itself, WOW it's like a (classic 60's Smile) Cadillac & a Massarati all rolled into one !! I can't with to use this, officially retired my Superman coin bender !!

Awesome job on this newest unit John & thank you for prompt shipping & communications Smile
Lord*Of*ILLUZION
View Profile
Regular user
California
119 Posts

Profile of Lord*Of*ILLUZION
I just wanted to chime in her and say that I highly recommend the QB3 after playing with a variety of benders including Coinvexed 3, Superman, pre-bent coins (i.e. Paul Harris' muscle bend) etc. More importantly, John's customer service and quick email responses were great. He also shipped the product very fast. The DVD covers a huge array of topics and the built in misdirection for the real time bend is perfect. The unit itself is a solid piece of stainless with a reinforced h***ed area. I am assuming that this should last a very long time with regular use. t's a big investment that arms you with a very sneaky tool for easily bending signed coins in real time. It leaves me with no choice but to ditch the other methods, which are not terrible, but require separate working parts to accomplish the bend. This is the single biggest advantage of QB3. Everything is contained in one unit. Simply put, best purchase of the year. Thanks John.

-Nadeem
"Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies"
The0mas
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of The0mas
Here is a brief review for those interested in bending EURO coinage.
If you are skeptical about it as I was, then you have to change your minds and go for it! This device PERFECTLY bends 1 cent, 2 cents, 5 cents and even 10 cents. with al little more effort you can also bend a 20 cents piece, while I haven't tried a 50 cents because it is probably too thick.
This said, I highly recommend using this with the 5 cent coin, which is slightly bigger therefore more visible than the 10, and it is very easy to bend.
The DVD is awesome and you get a huge variety of options and suggestions for the misdirections needed.
John did a FANTASTIC job with this product and I am really happy with it Smile

Tommaso
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Anyone on the fence should email John ASAP as he probably only has a handful left of the current batch. John has not yet indicated whether his machine shop will make another batch. When they are gone they are gone. This is the finest bending tool and method to bend coins yet created.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quantum Bender 3 & Energy Bender. (147 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL