The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quantum Bender 3 & Energy Bender. (147 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32 [Next]
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
This has been a major staple in my close-up repertoire for years and it just doesn't get any better than this. Comes very highly recommended.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, rmendez wrote:
This has been a major staple in my close-up repertoire for years and it just doesn't get any better than this. Comes very highly recommended.

Very cool!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Here's a performance of the QB3, presented in the spectators hand....

On the Las Vegas strip....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDj89o7mLA
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2017, John T. Sheets wrote:
Here's a performance of the QB3, presented in the spectators hand....

On the Las Vegas strip....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDj89o7mLA

When I lived in Vegas not too long ago I would busk in front of Cesar's near the fountain. QB 3.0 was my closer. Use it at every gig, thank you for your amazing work, John.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I actually purchased one from Clark for evaluation purposes a few years back to conserve my QB2's because it was no longer being manufactured, QB3 had not been announced and the future of the effect seemed uncertain. What I received looked horrible which I could live with considering it was hardly seen during performance. The main issue was the cheap, inferior quality materials used. It actually snapped in two at the pivot point during performance one night because of the cheap joint pin used. Sure, I could have had the pin replaced but why bother at that point? Instead, I threw it in the trash where it belongs. I've owned 2 original QB2's for years and they still look the way they did when I first received them. Even after hundreds of real world performances. From personal experience, Clark's rip-off is a real piece of $hit. Do yourself a favor and accept no substitutes because you will regret it. Support John Sheets and insist on this first class original as nothing else comes even close in comparison. There is absolutely no reason to even consider alternatives today given the ridiculously low price for a product vastly superior by design.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Rmendez, I know two good friends, french magicians, and I kept talking about QB, and I showed them the gimmick (and even in real life for one guy, and I let him try it on a 5 euro cts, only once though). They liked it pretty much, and really wanted one. However, I'm sad that they decided to purchase a chinese version of the QB, you know, the thing which is called "Power of God". Here are the reviews. The guy who actually tried my QB said the chinese version is much lighter than mine, and it looks like it could break. He said he can bend up to 20 euro cts, but not 50 cts. With my QB, I can now bend up to 50 cts (I'm very happy that my bending technique improved so much, although I failed nearly 50% of the time when trying to bend the 50cts, it's somewhat difficult). That guy said he would only bend up to 10 cts, because he doesn't want to break it. I asked him over Skype what he will do if it breaks. He told me that he will purchase another chinese version. He is NOT willing to purchase Sheet's original version. I tried to speak with him, but no success. I respect his decision, but of course, it's sad. Now, the other guy who purchased the chinese version also told me similar things, that it looks fragile, and he will not bend 10, 20 or 50cts. But only small coins such as 2 and 5 euro cts. Theirs are still new, so they didn't break yet. But who knows, in the near future...

At the very least, what's good about the chinese version is that the price is very low, while Clark's price is high. So what happened to you is a real shame. Not just because it's a rip-off but also because of its price.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

To help clarify any confusion, and to provide some additional information about the knock-off subject. The knock offs are a poor attempt to copy and/or imitate the original QB2, and NOT the newly improved QB3. However, the knock offs are still an inferior imitation of the QB2 reguardless. They're inferior in many ways, including craftsmanship, engineering design, leverage, machining specs and tolerances, and quality of materials.

The QB3s are now better, stronger, and more universal than ever before! The QB3 has been GREATLY improved over the original QB and QB2, making it the BEST in the series. The QB3 has the best quality, materials, features, and leverage yet. The high quality materials and extra design elements like the rubber bumper/slot extender, the "Quantum-Quick Touch" key bend/twist feature, the larger range of coin sizes, and the proprietary Pivoting Joint are just some of the things that makes it the BEST real time bender for many obvious, and not so obvious reasons.

Here, I'll break it down into further details....

The QB3's are CNC machined to 100,000th of an inch, with absolute precision (they're machined by a shop that makes aircraft landing gear parts for the US Navy). The QB3s are machined out of high quality stainless steel, and will never rust. The famous Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO. is a 630-foot monument built out of stainless steel to last virtually forever.

The knock offs are NOT machined the same, making these devices slow, sloppy, and clumsy! Not only are they made of cheap inferior materials, but the joints are sloppy, and have wide spaces and gaps, as the measurements and leverage is NOT the same. The knock offs are made of cheap cold rolled steel which also rusts very easily. I actually saw a knock off that had rust right out of the box!

The QB3s are painstakingly finished by hand. They're epoxy coated twice, to ensure a strong bond for the paint to adhere, and then it’s baked on to make it last longer. They're painted with two coats of baked on paint, then decaled, and clear coated twice. This insures that they've got a top quality finish. The knock offs use cheap paint (which appears to be only one coat), with NO epoxy coating!

The QB3 can bend a larger range of foreign and domestic coins than the previous models, this also includes the knock offs. The QB3 can bend foreign and domestic coins that range in size from a US Dime, up thru the size of a US GOLD DOLLAR coin! The knock offs CANNOT bend this large range of coins!

The QB3 also includes the "Quantum Quick Touch" key bending feature, which allows for super fast and effortless key bending and twisting, in the easiest possible manner. The knock offs do NOT have this feature!!

The pivoting joint on the QB3 has also been improved, as it's been strengthened with a wider center post, added chamfers and radiuses, and a stronger ROLL pin made of heat treated carbon steel (a roll pin is superior to a standard pin, as it creates outward spring tension, which keeps it in place). The knock offs do NOT have this type of pin making this a huge improvement!

The QB3 also includes a "slot extender" or rubber "bumper" which pushes the coin forward, making it even easier to hold the coin in the correct position during the bend. The knock offs do NOT have this feature!

There's also NO magnets to pinch your skin, and again, it's made of high quality stainless steel, which means that it won't rust, or accidentally stick to PK rings.

Over the years, not only has the QB device been improved, but now includes the new QB3-DVD, which is packed with a TON of original information. I believe that this DVD holds tremendous value as well, and I'm sure many would agree. It includes amazing routines, eye popping revelations, psychology, misdirection techniques, handling techniques, practice tips, variations, guest contributions, and much, much more! I feel that the QB3-DVD is a HUGE asset to the QB3 device (and as many of your emails have indicated, many people agree), and is a true wealth of information! The knock offs do NOT include this DVD!

The QB3 also comes with a lifetime warranty, and a warranty card which can be found included within the QB3 packaging. It comes with this, even though you probably won't ever need it, as it's built to last a lifetime, if not, for SEVERAL lifetimes! Again, the QB3 is built of high quality stainless steel and heat treated carbon steel to last virtually forever.

The QB3's are now priced at an incredible low price compared to the original QB/QB2, as I've decided to take a loss in profit and provide a much better quality product, at a better value to the customer, as well as including the new DVD which is packed with TONS of original and extra information. I did this because I'd rather see performers use top quality equipment instead of using cheap knocked off junk. I'm a strong believer that you do get what you pay for, and the cheap copies are just that, inferior imitations just trying to fake it, to take your money!

The amount of blood, sweat, and tears that I've invested into the Quantum Bender project over the years is unmeasurable. I've spent countless hours on the development of concept, creation of the design and device, prototyping, engineering, machining, honing the cosmetic exterior process, making custom decals, the handling and routining, the creation of video content, shooting and editing the DVD, custom packaging, and all the other things that people don't see. Not to mention that after the machining process, each unit is assembled and then painstakingly finished by hand! So, as you can see, it has consumed a large part of my life, and it's pretty sad to see that some people feel the need to sell cheap knock offs.

I truly appreciate all of you who do the right thing and support the original creators and artists!

The Quantum Bender is the original, and after all these years, yes, it's still the BEST! Many top professionals in the industry agree, and continue to use and endorse the Quantum Bender over any other! -Here's a partial list of just some of the endorsements from a few of the top professionals in the industry, who all LOVE the "Quantum Bender 3".....

- "John T. Sheets has, once again, created real magic" -David Blaine

- "Just a miracle, just pure magic" -Yif Wang

- "It's the VERY BEST coin bender out there, Quantum Bender totally rocks!" -Jeff McBride

- "I never, EVER do magic without Quantum Bender in my back pocket. It's one of the most POWERFUL effects possible, and it's made to last a lifetime! -Joshua Jay

- "I love Quantum Bender 3.0. This is the best signed coin bend period." -Tim Trono

- "The term 'reputation-maker' is often bandied about, but few things deserve this label more than John T. Sheets' QB3. Don't let the price fool you. It's a killer routine, quality product and the customer service is second to none." -Dan Garrett

- "I absolutely love it and extend my deepest thanks and gratitude to John T. Sheets for making these incredible utility devices available. There is no comparison OR competition/equal in my opinion and experience." -Jerome Finley

-“I LOVE it! …Thank you!” -Bob Cassidy

- "The Quantum Bender makes us maladjusted social misfit magic geeks look like powerful superheroes....cape not included" -Gregory Wilson

- "I have been a big fan of John T Sheets Quantum Bender from the beginning! I have used Quantum Bender 1 then 2 and now I'm very impressed with 3! They're all "Workhorses" in the real world! I have used it in every condition and it always gets a huge reaction... You CAN'T get that with any other effect!... Use only the Best!" -Ray Lum

- "Get ready to fall in love again! Quantum Bender 3 is destined to be the finest bender ever created, and the new enhancements up the ante with features pros will love. QB3 is a masterpiece of high-tech design and it is the most powerful effect that I do. This isn't just a bender - it is a religion." -Brett Barry

- "John's bender is sick! Let me explain... It bends BORROWED coins in real time, using a device we all carry anyway. This tool is worth THOUSANDS of dollars to the professional performer." -Nathan Kranzo

- "With all the new coins out today, you can forget about coin bending unless the coin is signed. The Quantum Bender works smoothly and easily and leaves your spectator with a physical memento. Every time they look at it, or show it to a friend, they are reminded of your magical abilities. What more could any performer ask for?" -Danny Archer

- "If it's possible, John has taken a winner (in the original Quantum Bender) and made it better. The design changes in this new model make the working even more sure fire and easier than ever. If you want to be able to take any borrowed coin and bend it right under your spectators noses, there is simply no better way than the new and improved Quantum Bender." -Mark Strivings

You may also read more information about the QB3 here.....
http://johntsheets.com/product/quantum-bender-3-0/

I hope this helps!
www.johnTsheets.com

mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
About two months ago, I managed to bend 50 euro cts. Although I fail 50% of the time (it's hard, but the good news is that I found it's not a matter of strength, but it depends much more on how you're handling the gimmick, thus, the method). And few weeks ago, I've tried to bend a 10 euro cts with one hand, and it's not difficult at all. Yet, several months ago, this was still extremely difficult.

The more I use it, the more I love it. I remember during the Saint Valentine's day, I had a show in a restaurant, and when I moved to the next tables, I can sometimes hear people around me talking about the bent coin. One guy even told me "boy, I swear I will find the solution on the internet" : that makes me smile. Usually, the misdirection is easier than what I thought. Most likely because they don't know what I'm about to do. I only say that the coin will bend or change in shape after the dirty work is done.

Usually, my presentation is something like : "This coin is special, not just because it has your signature, but because sellers (and machines) won't accept it. Not because it has a signature but because of its shape. Indeed, I will make this happen. What will you do with a coin that no one would accept ? It's a coin that only you will accept, that will be made for you."

Anyway, here's a video performance, one-handed bend of a 10 euro cts. Fast, easy. The video is more an illustration of how easy it is to conceal the gimmick and do the bend secretly. I didn't feel like doing my usual presentation in front of my mother, she will just laugh. So I didn't talk too much in the video. And I didn't want her to be seen in the video, so she was off-camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wS-N87mSaM

But I hope you can see how easy it is to bend the coin secretly, with one hand.

I have to say that I forgot to display the duplicate coin, just before and just after the secret move is done. If you look carefully, I have one coin finger palmed in left hand. The idea is that after the load of the signed coin, I'm displaying the duplicate coin in left hand (with a little cover, so that they won't notice that there is no signature), so that they will never think about looking at my dirty hand when doing the secret move. In fact, I'm unloading the bent signed coin inside my pocket, as I ditch the QB. I can use either misdirection or do a retention pass, etc. I thought this looked a little bit cleaner than not using a duplicate, even if, most of the time, I don't use a duplicate. I'm only using duplicates for people who already saw me doing a coin bend, because they are always burning my hands (they know in advance what I'm about to do).

By the way, I want to say something about the chinese version of QB2. The guy I've been talking about, in my above comment, showed it to me. And unlike what he says, the weight is the same. However, the two "parts" in the chinese version of QB are a little bit misaligned.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Just a question...which one would you think will get better reactions?

A) coin bends whilst closed in spectators hand

B) Spectator sees the coin bend at your fingertips and it drops into their awaiting palm?

Thanks
Sleepy
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have personally had better reactions with the coin bending in the specs hand
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
100 percent in the spectator's hand. Ever since QB 3.0 came out I started using it and did it the 2 phase way, bending it at my fingertips and them rubbing it. Until very recently I've done it in their hand and I wish I would have just done it that way all along.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Hi Guys!

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm giving away a FREE "Quantum Bender 3"!! ...and a some "Cool Cash"!

Here.... John T. Sheets LIVE: Sunday May 28th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE)
Versatile close-up and diabolical pieces for stand-up that manipulators will love. SUPPORT LIVE MAGIC. RESERVE BEFORE SUNDAY AND SAVE.

John T. Sheets' lecture is filled with amazing magic, advice, and thinking. It's already an amazing value. But John is offering purchasers of his lecture a special promotion.

Buy John's lecture now and Penguin Magic will randomly pick one lucky purchaser to receive a FREE Quantum Bender 3.0. This is a $350 valuet o one lucky person! Quantum Bender 3.0 is considered by many professionals to be THE best coin bender on the market.

Additionally, John will be giving away one "Cool Cash" DVD for a second place prize and one for a third place prize. This DVD is filled with some of John’s amazing paper money magic. The contest ends on May 28, 2018 and the winners will be selected soon after that date.

More details here....
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8077

“Do you want to learn powerful magic? John can teach you techniques
that will change the way you perform!” - Jeff McBride

“John is a very talented and polished performer and creator. He is also a magician that has done it all, manipulator, bird act, Illusionist and close-up worker; he offers a real world view from a solid working pro. John's lecture will be entertaining and informative with lots of effects that will be of interest to anyone looking for practical real world magic." - Danny Archer

“John T. Sheets is the penultimate performer! I've learned more from him than I can fathom. I couldn't have built the foundation of my CD manipulation act without his ideas!” - Bill Cook

"I've known John for 40 years. I have always admired his serious approach to his magic. He has valuable insights from his years of experience. Don't miss this."
- Doc Eason
www.johnTsheets.com

John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

My Penguin LIVE lecture is tomorrow!!

I hope you all checknot out. Lots of things will be taught, something for everyone!

And don't forget, I'm giving away a "Quantum Bender 3" and some "Cool Cash" for FREE!!!
www.johnTsheets.com

John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Here's something truly special. David Blaine is doing great things for other people.....

(Notice the effect at minute mark 1:40)

https://youtu.be/zc-ciFqROPI
www.johnTsheets.com

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Nice ACAAN. Using the Police as a stooge. Lol.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2017, John T. Sheets wrote:
Here's something truly special. David Blaine is doing great things for other people.....

(Notice the effect at minute mark 1:40)

https://youtu.be/zc-ciFqROPI

I love QB 3.0, still getting a lot of mileage out of it. Going to use it getting a Weird Al autograph, yeah it's that time of year.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It's at minute mark 3:53.

The dodgy ACAAN is at 5:36
ferrissteve
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of ferrissteve
I know that I'm WAY late to this party, however I have to say that I recently bought my QB3 from John and it certainly lives up to expectations. I generally am quite picky with what I purchase and tend to over analyze & extensively research an effect before making any decision. Very happy I went the QB route and thank all the contributors (including John) that have provided this (and various other QB related threads with extensive and thoughtful info).
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Don't feel bad ferrissteve! I am BEYOND WAY late to the party; I have been lurking this topic since it first started and finally felt compelled to chime in. I bought a Quantum Bender 3.0 after seeing an uncut performance by John T. Sheets. Thank you Mr. Sheets first of all for your honesty and truth in advertising. I have to applaud you for your magic and engineering genius. The Quantum Bender 3.0 is a marvel. I haven't taken out for an official performance/gig yet, but it has replaced my Coinvexed 3.0 as my number one device (Coinvexed is an excellent product itself that I have used at gigs). I love Coinvexed and will still hold on to it; however, the QB3 is more versatile since I can use it for bending keys AND coins. Additionally, it is one unit instead of two like Coinvexed; I like QB3 better from a pocket management perspective. I am truly looking forward to putting QB 3.0 to work in the upcoming days and using it for many years to come.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

I’m extremely honored to have performed the Quantum Bender for the living legend and Superstar of magic David Copperfield....

(November, 2017)

www.johnTsheets.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quantum Bender 3 & Energy Bender. (147 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL