The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Question regarding ZigZig Illusion and other such things (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Hi there,

I have a couple of questions to ask on the behalf of a street performer friend of mine. Firstly, where can you find plans for the Zig Zag Lady illusion? Can it be bought on its own or is it only in certain books?

Also, what are some other illusions (with published plans) that are completely angle-proof? Obviously when performing on the street you need to be able to have people walk behind your stage without seeing anything.

Do any of these illusions fold up into a manageable size? I understand that the Zig Zag Lady can be folded up into two largish briefcase sized boxes with handles.

Thanks for your help,
Adam V
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
The Paul Osborne plan is designed to fold up, but it loses some of its rigidity. I would recommend building it without the hinges. You might be able to make it so it would knock down and still be rigid when assembled. Look here for knock-down hardware:

http://store.yahoo.com/squaredrive/kdf-6511.html

The "official" version of the plans is in "The Magic of Robert Harbin", a limited-edition book that is out of print and seldom comes up for sale. There is one of the unauthorized reproductions currently listed on eBay. The auction ends today at 1:52 Pacific Time, and the current bid is just over $200. Do a "titles and descriptions" search for "Robert Harbin". If you are interested in illusions, this would be a great book in which to invest. Mr. Harbin was a great thinker and designer.

From time to time, someone lists knock-off Zig Zag plans on eBay.

As for surrounded illusions, look at Modern Art and the Substitution Trunk. The book "Illusions in the Round" has several ideas that could be expanded upon.

Good luck.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
To shore up the side of the boxes on the OsbornE Zig Zag, I added a metal brace in the inside of each box. Boxes are as solid as no hinges and when you take the braces out, they fold up and fix quite nicely.

Biggest things are the bottom box and the base.

See the one I built at http://www.yourmagicman.com/contact.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Question regarding ZigZig Illusion and other such things (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL