The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Blank Paper Transformation Effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkFinn
View Profile
New user
North Texas
80 Posts

Profile of MarkFinn
Folks,
I need some help tracking down an effect. What I want to do with it is hand a spectator either a dollar bill or a blank piece of paper, and at the end of the show, they open it up to reveal it's turned into a newspaper clipping from 1947. I'm not sure if I want it in an envelope, in their hands, or some other way. I'm having trouble identifying that effect. It wouldn't be a bill switch, or a billet switch. There are a number of routines that let the spectator hold an envelope containing a choice that is either forced or controlled when they give it back. I've been through Dunninger and a few other general reference books, and found nothing like the plot I'm suggesting, so I thought I'd ask you learned people: is there a routine out there that gets close to what I want to do? I'll be rescripting like hell, so no need to worry about if the plot isn't the same. I am looking for a method, primarily. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark Finn
Raconteur, Ne'er-Do-Well

I can be followed, but never shadowed:
twitter.com/FinnsWake
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
... if it is an envelope, a viable methodology may be an adaptation/variation of Jon Archer's Blank Night. They could hold the envelope the whole time, and open it themselves... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjobYZodFG0
MarkFinn
View Profile
New user
North Texas
80 Posts

Profile of MarkFinn
I love that routine, particularly with his presentation. I'm open to anything right now. Thanks for the suggestion!
Mark Finn
Raconteur, Ne'er-Do-Well

twitter.com/FinnsWake
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Lucien is wise, hegives an excekllent solution

Kotah
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Another possible and easy way could be a good old flapless envelope...
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
...or any sort of self-sealing double chambered envelope (depending on which side you tear open reveals one of the chambers).
MarkFinn
View Profile
New user
North Texas
80 Posts

Profile of MarkFinn
I'm almost looking for something more visual, I think. Almost like reappearing ink, or a visible bill switch. It's the "in the spectator's hands" part that's making me crazy.

Idea: I was thinking about something using a frixion pen--make a print block, stamp it with said medium, and fridge it until performance time. Then show the paper and have the spectator sit on the piece of paper in the envelope.

I'd need to make a gel ink pad, and lordy, that sounds like a long way to go for the effect, but it was my starting point.
Mark Finn
Raconteur, Ne'er-Do-Well

twitter.com/FinnsWake
HeatherV
View Profile
Regular user
Music City
185 Posts

Profile of HeatherV
I don't think frixion is going to do it - body temperature won't make it disappear. The double envelope thing would work, but...what if they open the wrong end...
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Quote:
On 2013-02-28 02:54, HeatherV wrote:
I don't think frixion is going to do it - body temperature won't make it disappear. The double envelope thing would work, but...what if they open the wrong end...

You open it, have them remove it. It's as good as them opening it themselves.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Blank Paper Transformation Effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL