The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Keller Tie - In Your Face (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

calimagician
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of calimagician
Hi All--

I am in need of magic help and always know I can find it at The Café.

I have performed the "Keller Tie" for over thirty years. After a long time away from the stage, I am performing again and wish to add the effect (escape) to the new show.

So - what's problem?

I am old. Ha! Seriously, it has become harder to get my wrists to cross behind my back to perform the effect correcting. And before you say it, yes I an working on streatching and conditoning.

Also--

I never liked turning my back to the audience while performing the "Keller Tie".

So my question--

Is there a version of the "Keller Tie" or "In and Out Rope Tie" that can be done standing and with your hands tied in front of your body?

Please know I have read all the posts here (In The Café) and researched a number of books before asking this quesiton.

I know about other "in and out" escapes. I have cuffs and can do a thumb tie style escapes. But I wish to use a rope since it is part of a rope routine that ends with the Keller Tie.

Any suggestions?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards!
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
734 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
The first item in Grant's "Rope, Chain, and Box Escapes" - is the "Zella Master Tie" - that can be used to bind any one of your 4 limbs together - in front or behind you - and yet, it's still an instant OUT..and then back-IN again.

You said you wish to STAND on stage and only use ROPE---so, I guess the classic "comedy in-and-out rope routine" while sitting down, and having your wrists tied on your knees - is out....as is a Siberian Chain Escape (have you thought about a leather Siberian Chain escape?; and too, a thumbcuff "in and out" escape.

If I think of more, I'll chime-in.
calimagician
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of calimagician
Thanks Moxahalla!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Keller Tie - In Your Face (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL