The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Himber Wallet for Xerox Money (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
What is the best Himber Wallet to use with Ron Bauer's Xerox Money? I recently purchased a Himber Wallet but U.S. money doesn't seem to fit in one side.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5949 Posts

Profile of motown
You're going to need the type that you have to wear in a jacket. Buy a nice one, they look better.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Thank you Motown, I realize it will not be a hip-pocket style wallet and am okay with that. I have never had anybody question the size of my wallet...other things perhaps, but never my wallet. I use a LePaul wallet regularly and not one person has said, "Hey man, your wallets huge and that's not right!" and I seriously doubt they are thinking it either. If somebody were to mention my wallet is big I am prepared with a line to use that I normally use with a old gag long card.

I used to have a Himber wallet, but traded it. Bought another recently for $30, it's nice and all but doesn't fit US bills on one side. I was hoping somebody would know a proper wallet to use.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5949 Posts

Profile of motown
The one I have and it's big enough for US currency, is an O'Connell Himber wallet. Not sure if it's still made. Wayne Dobson had nice model that was big enough. It was $70 or $75 as I recall.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

It's not been easy finding several brand new 2 dollar bills. I tried banks and what not but eventually found a coin collector that was able to supply my needs. Now it's time to place an order for a new himber wallet.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5322 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Really? I get $2 bills from the bank. I have to order them and it takes about a week but they have never refused me. What bank have you tried that wouldn’t get them for you?

Jim
BigWheel
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of BigWheel
Your bank should be able to get you $2 bills - even if they don't have any on a particular day. Just ask and usually within a few business days they can get any actively circulated currency.
b0sl0q7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of b0sl0q7
My bank (Citibank) told me that they couldn't get them for me unless I had a business account. So I went to Bank of America and they had no problem getting them for me!
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

I went to one bank and was told I would have to order $2000 worth and all I wanted was five.

Anyways, thanks for the advice folks! Last nite I found all the bills I needed from a local coin collector. The trick is now finally made up and the himber wallet I have works fine, I just put the blanks in the pocket behind the ones.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5322 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Which wallet did you end up getting for this, Christopher? I also have Bauer's Xerox Money but have never used it. I didn't know that a Himber wallet was required - IIRC it says that you must use a Himber wallet that can fit full-sized bills, not folded.

Thanks!

Jim
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

The Himber wallet I have came from the magic warehouse...

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......20WALLET

The instructions say it's made by Fun Incorporated. The picture of the wallet at the magic warehouse is an exact copy of the type of Himber wallet I purchased from Hank Lee's 20 years ago, but the wallet I received was NOT what was pictured in the ad. However it works for this rouitne and I am satisfied.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Well, I've been practicing Xerox Money for a few days now and man, it never fails to get great reactions from those who have seen it. Even my loving yet magically jaded wife of 22 years liked it and on top of it she knows the secret of the Himber Wallet, lol, she couldn't understand how there were so many changes. Some of my kids and their friends were actually a little depressed and mad at me for tapping the wallet too many times ending up with non-spendable money hahahaha!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5949 Posts

Profile of motown
Al Schneider has a nice version on his DVD.
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5949 Posts

Profile of motown
Another great routine you can do with your Himber wallet is Paul Gertner's Photo Copy.
– Karl Germain
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Where would one find that?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Christopher
You sure have a lot of secret identities. LOL
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5949 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2013-03-11 07:39, Christopher Rinaldi wrote:
Where would one find that?
Three places:
It's in Paul's book and on one of his DVDs.

It's also on this Ammar DVD as Xeroxed Deck.
http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?key=347&html=full
– Karl Germain
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Gosh, I really dig Xerox Money, wish I would have made it up long ago. One thing I like about it is this...it's not over int he flick of a wrist.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5949 Posts

Profile of motown
Harry Lorayne has a book on the Himber Wallet if you can find it.
– Karl Germain
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

I have heard of Harry's book, I shall keep an eye out for it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Himber Wallet for Xerox Money (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL