The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Jermay's new book looks cool (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
This is not currently in my price range, but it has great testimonials so I am definitely waning this
http://www.ementalism.com/collections/ne......h-healer
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
244 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
Looks to be some scary stuffed with some big names saying some great things. It sounds like performing this routine could make you the focus of a witch hunt..
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Todd langman?!?!?!?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
I wish I had a sense of what this was about. As I read the copy, it looks like it's a coin bending routine. One that you can begin a religion with, apparently.

The people making testimonials are all people I respect - some highly - but I can't suss out what it's about from their testimonials. (I appreciate that they probably don't want to tip more information than the ad copy.)

I have some things that Luke Jermay has put out and like a lot of it, but having heard his feelings about 'psychics' being liars, cheats and scumbags who play on the unhappy, vulnerable and, often, the grieving, if this has anything to do with faith healing, he's either changed his opinions or this is an exposé, which I doubt.

I feel rather stupid not understanding what this is about. Since I'm not interested in coin bending, I'll have to take a pass unless I can get a better sense of what the heck this is about.

Shad
CaMagic51
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of CaMagic51
It sure sounds like a very different and new Jermay. People who like the "old" Jermay may or may not like the "new" Jermay.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I know there is a lot of controversy around Luke Jermay.
I don't really know the story. I guess he used to not be very good at sending out his material, but that is fixed with the e-books, and apparently he didn't used to like readers and psychics, but based the testimonials by Jerome Finley, Voodini and Luca Volpe and the fact that he recently released a book on readings, he presumably does not feel this way any longer.

I'll be very interested in seeing any reviews that come up; and I'll gladly give one whenever I am finally able to get a copy.

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
There has been some controversy with Luke in the past. Many people say they will not buy from him because of this. Regardless of these controversies, Luke has put out some amazing material. 7 deceptions and Building Blocks was my groundbreaking for me. I didn't even know such things were possible until I tried RGM. I really would like to know more about this is anyone has any further information on it.

Matthew
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Faith Healer: Those of you who are already working with visualizations alongside pieces of suggestion like JF's Crimson Wall and/or his Inyanga Coin Bend will find nothing really new apart from scripting additions to put the emphasis on God. Perhaps it's dangerous and treads on edgy ground, but the effect is no stronger than any other with a good solid presentation alongside suggestion techniques. There are some interesting little ploys concerning where participants feel pain, but if the first few lines of this write-up mean anything to you then you can fill in the blanks. You could perhaps make it more controversial by drawing a little cartoon picture of a deity or prophet, Danish style. It's adaptable, remove the word god and you could play it Chi etc... The use of suggestion/JF Crimson wall/visualisation is a very powerful addition to mentalism PERIOD. If you are not familiar or haven't used them, then you'll find a framework and script for you to use contained in the write-up for this coin bend. But the start of long journey.

L&D: Is a reworking, and a favourable twist-in-the-end to his LD you'll find in Oddities, the b**** Sw***** are replaced with envelope work. I liked the twist and the new handling. Redeemer. Very adaptable and nice stage worker piece.

Empath: Kind of like a poor-man's Taboo or perhaps the Secret (don't have it). Uses people thinking of happy and sad memories.

JF contributes a nice little piece based on Padre Pio ... fits in well with the feel of the ebook and concerns the appearance of stigmata on your hands.

Tim Trono contributes something that apparently appeared in Real Secrets that adds a visual colorful moment to the moment the bend happens. Uses a proper that some magicians will already have, fewer mentalists I'd imagine.

The thing you should take away regardless is that mentalism is deeply profound, but has been, and is, easily trivialised ... Jermay reminds us and shows us we are capable of much more than predicting what word someone will randomly pick-up from the sea of envelopes on the floor.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
This sounds so good I wonder if I can get it as a rolled up manuscript, with a blue ribbon tied around. Or even better if he made it a limited edition of only 50 copies, then ill easily pay 100 dollars. And I would be thrilled if he "forgot" to send most of them out and I would be the only one having this.

Ezzet

Ps wait that was the old Luke so ill bet this wont happen
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Too much fluff around this for me, thanks for the description though,
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2013-03-03 09:22, Ezzet wrote:
This sounds so good I wonder if I can get it as a rolled up manuscript, with a blue ribbon tied around. Or even better if he made it a limited edition of only 50 copies, then ill easily pay 100 dollars. And I would be thrilled if he "forgot" to send most of them out and I would be the only one having this.

Ezzet

Ps wait that was the old Luke so ill bet this wont happen

With New Luke you might get a rusty nail shoved through some sheets to hold it together. Except its a download... so guess you can only get an e-concept of the nail.

Anyway, sounds like I have other effects and works that already cover the coin bend - and JF is master of this zone... I guess the question is if there is any new innovation to this? Since we have been talking about this for everyone... is the only "innovation" making it about faith feeling as a theme... with all the psych touches and so on already covered from JF, Banachek, etc? Just want to know if I buy there is something new?

... and question.... although some people like this - I find it a bit more stuffing than use... (all taste) is is written in a new style or Old Style Luke which would be

5-6 pages talking about how great it is and warning you it will start a religion

The entire script in words he uses from audience perspective (which I wouldn't use as most of us need to alter it to be our own)

Then go into Method (the good stuff)

Then repeat the entire script in full detail again, going into each sentence all most (which to me seems not necessary - especially if this is aimed at non beginners)??

Or has it become more economical and to the point of getting to the good material, methods with explanations, and just key points of language and psych use?

I'm just wondering - I find I want to push through most of the writing as it feels filler... the only intros of length I've ever found useful to read have been patrick redford's as then he embeds an effect or routine for those who dare read it!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2013-02-28 23:23, Dr Spektor wrote:
Todd langman?!?!?!?

I have written to request a correction.

I like the material very much.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Thanks for the review. Smile

Sounds interesting to me. I do have the crimson wall script, but not the inyanga coin bend (was that from the farwell book?). I also don't have any experience with coin bending and am very intrigued by the faith healing/energy concept; so I'm definitely leaning towards getting this at some point.

PhiltheBear
View Profile
New user
Southampton, UK
72 Posts

Profile of PhiltheBear
This has just been promoted by Alakazam Magic in the UK. For 55 pages it seems that it's very, very short on description of what it contains and, with the best will in the world, I'm never all that impressed by reviews where the reviewer has had an advance copy - rather than buying it.

But coin-bending? Really? We are supposed to believe that this is so powerful that it can start a cult? I'm afraid I need a lot more convincing. I've got half a dozen other Jermay publications, some good, some not so good and I thought this might be worth a punt. But it's so short on description and long on price that I'm going to pass.
--

PhiltheBear
Unusualist
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
One question, based on hIs past business practices why would one want to be a customer no matter how good the material is, remember there is no holy graIL.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Most of his stuff is good now. That was the past. Get over it. Or, hold the grudge forever.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2014-02-06 14:30, John C wrote:
Most of his stuff is good now. That was the past. Get over it. Or, hold the grudge forever.

I agree, he's put out some fantastic things lately, wouldn't hold the past to be honest.
Twitter @darjames
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Ah jaysus lads.. I looked at the ad copy and read how "dangerous" this routine could be! I better stay away from it *rolls eyes* I swear sometimes I think these ads are written for 14 year olds... oh wait Smile

Anyways each to their own, whatever does it for you Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I have lots of jermay downloads from penguin. Everyone I like. However memoria was not up my alley.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-02-28 23:23, Dr Spektor wrote:
Todd langman?!?!?!?

Better than Hangman.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Jermay's new book looks cool (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL