The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Michael Jackson - The next 24 hours (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
I think the news about Michael Jackson is the "hottest" news in media right now. It's interesting for several reasons:

In the next 24 hours anything can happen. Will he be arrested? Will he turn himself in?

In the longer run, will they find anything? Will he repeat his tactic from several years ago, offer money to the boy and his family?

Will it at last be proven if he is guilty or innocent?

Is this the end of Michael Jackson?

I have no idea.

Mikael
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Michael who?
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Smile
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27151 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Yes, a new version of 24, that show on fox.

when it gets made into a mini-series... who will play the parts?

I don't know how to react to this latest media event of a raid on his house. They knew he was not home and there has been no formal charge, just harrasment if you ask me.

Let's consider some less trivial questions... WHY ARE PARENTS DELIVERING THEIR CHILDREN TO THE HOME OF THAT MAN FOR SLEEPOVER PARTIES??? BACK 15 YEARS AGO... AND EVEN THIS YEAR. WHY AREN'T THOSE PARENTS BEING PROSECUTED FOR CHILD ENDANGERMENT OR AS UNFIT PARENTS?

From a quick look at the photos from his youth to today... I begin to wonder if he's already done more damage to himself than the courts could.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Hasn't he got a new album about to be launched?
Nice timing if you want to "dish some dirt out"

Howard
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
If you're child had been sexually assaulted would you settle for an out of court settlement? NO.

Investigators into the case have appealed for other victims to come forward. What a stupid idea-countless lying gold diggers will surface from everywhere. This has already turned into a witch hunt and if he is convicted the only way he will get out is if Uri Geller bends the bars of his cell.

Personally, I do not think Michael Jackson is such a 'huge talent'. He can sing, a bit. He can dance, a bit. He can even compose his own music, a bit. His incarceration would be no great loss. If he is innocent then I would feel very sorry for him. Maybe they should have given his big interview to Louis Theroux rather than Michael Bashir.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I tend to feel that he is innocent. From his interview and people settling out of court, etc. But it is only a feeling, who really knows for sure.
But if he is truly innocent then I hope this stuff ends once and for all.
If he is guilty then where's the proof ? There has got to be some!!! And if he is found guilty then put the sicko away where he belongs and I am sure he will get what he deserves in the end.

GlenD

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
When big money is involved....anything can and does happen. People disapear, are wrongly jailed and prosecuted and sometimes falsly accused by the media.

I don't know the all facts,and like the rest of the world may never realy know them. This guy has admited on camera that he likes to sleep in the same bed as young boys and believes that this is "normal"

If it was my child, you would be seeing how the story ended on TV, not if he surrendered or not.

Nuf said.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
So how do these kids end up at his house for a sleep-over anyways ?? I assume he is'nt kidnapping them.
Kind of makes you wonder.

hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Its also a sensational enough story/issue to deflect the public from the real issues confronting the USA.

Howard
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
I think a lot of MONEY was involved with the parents.
Sick.

Ellen
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
Even if it turns out that he is innocent, I think that the only reasonable thing he can do from now on, is to stop letting children sleep over at his house.

Alternatively, why not invite the parents at the same time and let them and the children get a room of their own and sleep there?

Mikael
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
First of all, he is innocent, until proven otherwise in a court of law.

The most disturbing thing about Michael's troubles with kids is what he chose to name the place: Neverland Ranch. Wasn't Neverland the place in Peter Pan where the lost boys ran to so that they would never have to grow up?

As others have said, I'm more than sure that, when many of those parents heard their kid was invited to Michael Jackson's place, they saw dollar signs in their eyes.

Quote:
On 2003-11-19 15:53, GlenD wrote:
:dance:

I think that needs to be fleshed out a bit:
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I hope Michael Jackson goes to jail! He deserves to go to jail for all the things he's done to those kids!
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Sorry you feel that way Mistro. I would think that you and most people would like the benefit of a trial before being locked up. Michael Jackson is guilty of being naive that's for sure but guilty of anything more than that? I would prefer to hear the evidence against him before condeming him to prison or worse.
I too thought that he was guilty of pedophilia but having had time to think long and hard about all we know about Jackson's past and the lack of any real solid proof of any wrongdoing, I am going to wait and hear all sides and see what evidence or proof comes out in court. I hope that the judge and jury (if any) are a little more open minded and aren't so quick to pass judgement until all the facts are in.
If we can't allow Michael Jackson to be considered inocent until proven guilty why should we be considered inocent until proven guilty?
Let's try him in a legal court of law, not in the media.
With that said, you have a right to your opinion but maybe you should sit low for a while and do some serious thinking and soul searching and try to have at least a little compasion for your fellow man.
Peace Smile
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Thanks for the clarification, Scott, that really helps. My dancing icon was a bit generic, your is way better. Nice job!

GlenD

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Anything or anyone costing me a lawsuit and some $20 million dollars would certainly find my doors shut from there on. The first accusation and out of court settlement, 10 years ago, would of been enough for most to protect themselves against this happening again. First step....uh....stop sleeping with little boys? Yes that would be a smart move. Apparently not much changed thereafter and here we are again with the same accusation and similar details.

When asked what he thought about sleeping with children at the age of 45, he responded by saying "it's a beautiful thing".

I'm sure the 12 year old's parents will feel the same way when Michael is forced to pull out the checkbook.

Ugh......Everyone (Michael, fans, children - everyone) loses in cases like this.
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
Hmmm...Sounds like shades of Salem, MA. (should there be another punctuation mark there?) I will start by saying I am not a fan of any of his music. With that in mind, I find it hard to believe that Jackson is guilty of this. The whole thing stinks of false allegations. I agree with Scott Cram. Sounds like this kid may have been invited to the ranch (apparently he is terminally ill) and slept over. Knowing the previous allegations if I were a parent there is NO WAY I would place my child into that unless I were a horrible parent or looking for quick cash (essentially the same thing). I too would look to file charges against the parents for allowing the opportunity to occur.
The whole business is appalling.
Jason
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1783 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
You think that is bizarre I work in a call center & this call was just escelated to me as a supervisor " TOOK SUP CALL: IF MR CALLS BACK IN PLZ GET HIM TO SECURITY AS HE IS
STATING THAT TERRORISTS HAVE CONTROL OF HIS PHONE AND ARE BOMBARDING HIM WITH
A RAY AND ARE PREVENTING HIM FROM DIALING THE FBI. HE ALSO HAS STATED THAT Michael
JACKSON IS A PART OF THE TERRORISTS GROUP" Jason this came from your hometown area
bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
Why would anyone just GIVE millions of dollars (let me say that again -- MILLLLLLIONS of dollars) to anyone if they werent hiding something ?

Of course, it also is the parents job to keep their kids at home, think about it -- if there is a 40 year old guy in your neighborhood sleeping with young boys, & you are a parent what would you do ?

Michael Jackson is the product of having absolutely no limits to keep him 'in check' (just look at his face & you'll see what I mean) so who knows what else he might be doing.

One thing that should be noted with THIS case is that there is no civil case filed as of yet -- just a criminal one, so if they WERE after money -- this was a dumb way to do it.
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Michael Jackson - The next 24 hours (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL