The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Marvellous Fourseen Wallet: Reviewed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Watching Matthew Wright explain his magic reminded me of Jerry Sadowitz.

Did I get your attention?

Years ago, when I first got my hands on a copy of 'Selected Card Secrets', I remember the marvellous, sobering moment of seeing Jerry Sadowitz just focussing on magic. No gags, no larks, just careful, focussed, meticulous magic. This was all about method and technique, and one had a glance at the attitude behind the performance.

Well, not having watched Matthew Wright "talk magic" before, it was a similarly frisson moment.

However, let's talk about the wallets.

They smell good. I opened the box and smelled new leather, which was very pleasing. Usually, I have to shove my nose up to these magic wallets to get a scent. I'm like a dog, I rely on my nose to deduce quality; The Marvellous Fourseen Wallet passed the smell test. The leather is good, it is well made.

There are two wallets provided. One fits inside the other, but either could be used uniquely. The larger wallet is a just that: a large wallet. Don't expect a hip-size wallet, but don't expect a cheque-book-holding behemoth either. I was worried about the size, like a man reaching for the soap in a prison shower, but my worst fears were not realised. As Harry Robson says on DVD 1, "It looks like a wallet." I love that man.

Did I mention that Harry Robson presents the first DVD with Matthew Wright? Did I not? Shame on me. Well, he does. Harry Robson, that black suited devil, currently has a tasty looking wallet out called the HOW wallet, and it does some of the stuff that Matthew's does too, and is of a similar size. But there they are together, and they introduce the first DVD, which serves as an introduction to the product and shows all the routines which are explained in the second DVD.

The routines are a lot of fun to watch. They consist of real life performances both in a Spanish bar, and some chilly looking strolling performances, (or rather staying-safely-under-shelter performances), on a very rainy day at Blackpool Zoo. It brought back memories of my childhood. Well done that very wet family who participated in the Chinese Thingummy routine.

On the second DVD he explains the workings of the wallet, and the moves required for each routine. Listen, chaps, don't expect explanations of basic sleights. He talks you through the method meticulously, with most detail being given to the handling of the wallet. I love these DVD's.

With these wallets you can do..... a lot. A lot, a lot.

You can peek up to 4 things simultaneously, there is CTW in both, there is also a card-to-envelope-in-wallet. The smaller, Mullica wallet has two different peeks. The options for impossible locations, predictions and mind reading are many and varied..

The routines themselves are very, very good: brilliant, even. There are lots of possibilities with these two wallets, your brain will hurt, hopefully.

If you want the routines, then let's hope that a kind individual chooses to go through them for you, further down this thread.

All I'm saying is, there's mentalism and magic contained. Sometimes... he even... mixes.... the two...... together............

Good on him.

He seems to be a good and serious person. He's very funny as well, when he wants to be.

I give this a 9.5.

If I ever gave anything a 10, it was never a magic trick.

Tom

P.S.

In terms of the workings? i.e. Have I found any annoying snags? No.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2130 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I use the Showdown because my wallet is packed with a lot of credit cards, etc. Is this utilitarian enough to use as an everyday wallet if you want a wallet that can fit a lot of junk?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Brilliant review Tom. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

I agree with everything you say. It's a terrific wallet. Nothing to fault. The routines on the DVD alone are worth the price of admission.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2013-03-02 04:59, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
The routines on the DVD alone are worth the price of admission.

Agreed, I've seen books for twice the price and a 1/10 the value of this material!
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-03-01 21:41, gabelson wrote:
I use the Showdown because my wallet is packed with a lot of credit cards, etc. Is this utilitarian enough to use as an everyday wallet if you want a wallet that can fit a lot of junk?

That's a tough question, gableson. I can't compare it to the Showdown, as I don't own one. It's now my everyday wallet, but I only carry a few credit cards (otherwise I spend too much money....) You could fit quite a few cards in it, but you would be sacrificing bits of functionality. Hopefully some lovely member who has both can give a more informed answer!
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1776 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I bought an Espionage Wallet, but was disappointed with how fat it was: it's a real struggle to extricate it from my back pocket. How does this compare, do you know?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Hi Ross,

It's not too fat; certainly easy to pull out of a back pocket. After several weeks of carrying it around, the leather has relaxed considerably. When it was brand new it did feel a bit chunky, but that is mainly due to the small Mullica which is kept inside the main wallet.

If you're in town anytime soon I could show you it over a beer; maybe drag B. out as well.

Tom
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I use the Real Mans Wallet but can this take the place of ALL the effects from Matthew's DVD? and still work as an Everyday wallet where I can keep actual credit cards Drivers License and my Kollasal Killer?Heirloom effect? The Real man is giving me that just not sure if I want a change in life or not.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Hi Paisa,

Yes, it can. It has similar capacity to th RMW, (which I also love), but it is larger than that. That might be worth considering, but I am really liking it. Maybe send Matthew a PM, he is very helpful!

Tom
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I might hmmm now time to save up again UGH!
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I feel your pain, man.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2830 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Boy this looks good. I have a few CTW wallets. But this whould take my game over the top.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Really wish you guys would stop talking about it. R PRESSURE UGH BABY MIGHT HAVE TO GO WITHOUT CLOTHES lol J/K
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I wonder if there is a way to see the wallet and all its contents EXCEPT the secret parts. I am really considering sitching but its hard to let go of my real mans.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1776 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 13:20, tomsk192 wrote:
Hi Ross,

It's not too fat; certainly easy to pull out of a back pocket. After several weeks of carrying it around, the leather has relaxed considerably. When it was brand new it did feel a bit chunky, but that is mainly due to the small Mullica which is kept inside the main wallet.

If you're in town anytime soon I could show you it over a beer; maybe drag B. out as well.

Tom

Ah! You're Ben's brother! We chatted on here a while back. (Everyone else : excuse us a moment). I'll be back in the UK in the summer for good. We can compare wallets if I haven't flogged mine by then. I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

Right. Back to the thread.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Lovely job. See you then.
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Profile of ChrisTheImpossible
When is this expected to begin shipping?
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2013-03-29 22:50, ChrisTheImpossible wrote:
When is this expected to begin shipping?

I got mine 2 - 3 weeks ago?
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK its been a little bit so, whats the deal? I still want this but am looking for further information.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Two days no reply? Awe that doesn't sound too good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Marvellous Fourseen Wallet: Reviewed (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL