The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo : Latest NEWS ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I'm curious about MRI gimmick lol
And for those who think the card is marked for the final part I have read somewhere that you can use borrowed deck. But this have to be verified or confirmed.
Love Lubor's idea. Look funny to use.
4D Printer is the less interesting for me, but not that bad and nice 70's Design.
I love Money Shock too, easy way to perform a visual trick for beginners like me ^^
None of the 4 is examinable.
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1549 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Thanks for the awesome videos!

I agre that MRI looks really interesting and strong. I assumed the deck was NOT marked (or else what's the point?) and therefore the card phase may be even stronger than the dice... but I really liek this and see lots of possiblities.

The Lubor deck trick is somewhat interesting to see but I am still not a fan. I think it feels more like a cool optical illusion or something and less like any kind of actual magic... but I do think it looks great when he first pushes the deck in and there are ways to do good presentations I am sure... just not quite my thing.

Money Shock actually looks quite good. There are so many dozens of similar effects and many methods that I think a lot of this one will come down to how it is done. In the method is simple and clean (as I woudl imagine a Tenyou trick woudl be) then this might be a winner.

The card trick looks kind of weak to me. Again it seems like the method is pretty clear and it just seems a little out of place with the others.

So of the bunch MRI is the one I am excited about and I look forward to learningmore about the others as well.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3427 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Great to have some real demos to look at. Look good. Money shock is the least interesting to me as there are so many great and easy options for that effect already on the market. MRI looks neat although I have a hard time believing you could do the card effect without a marked back... hope I am wrong. The Lubor efect looks better on this demo than the first one we saw, I like this but then again I love weird optical effects and methods. As Richard hinted I can see other aplications for this. 4D printer looks old school which I like. Overall looks promising, anyone heard a N.A. release date?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
The deck is not marked and can be borrowed for MRI, I'm sure about that now as I understood the method.
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1549 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I wonder if the Lubor effect might not be stronger pushing the deck into something other than your body... like a table top. Maybe push it half way through the table and then "rip" it in half producing the other half from underneath?
Or maybe somehow pushing it through a mirror or somehting?

I'm not sure... it seems like the gimmick is fairly cool and theer could be some sort of rationale for the case.... But when it is being pushed into your neck or whatever it starts to lose it for me.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Agree with you ! I think it's why Richard say it's very versatil props.
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
How is this "new" Tenyo trick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSoPWiOAd......Vich-h3g

any different than Richard Sanders' Extreme Burn, which has been out for years?

http://youtu.be/yfBT-WvVm5s

Also, in this one, he's not fooling anyone by discarding the cut and taking the 3 cards from what is the top of the deck, which of course, are likely planted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCs89onqy......Vich-h3g
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1549 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Any idea of Money Shock will be only in Yen or if they are making it sized for US or European currancy as well?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3427 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Good to hear about MRI Stereo, thanks.

Agreed cyberdave looks a lot like Extreme Burn. No question he is forcing the cards, the prop is basically a utility device to allow you to switch three blank cards for three printed cards. Tough to do the criss rcoss force on video without being obvious.

The geeky demo for the Lubor effect will probably have shock appeal to laymen and casual magic buyers. Agreed that there are no doubt better magic applications.

teevee one can only assume it will be applicable to N.A. currency otherwise the sales will be pretty limited.
MagicZathuro
View Profile
New user
Germany
43 Posts

Profile of MagicZathuro
Any idea of the release date?
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1549 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Yea JM.... in the past as we know Tenyo money tricks come in Yen or US but recently with the Japanese only packaging and so forth it has me questioning things a bit more.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Yes There will be US version of Money Shock acording Richard K on Genii forum.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
And 4-D printer is not made of plastic. Is made of thick paper !
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The original version of "Money Shock" is Pat Page's "Flash Cash," which was popularized by Fred Kaps starting in the 1960s. Every version out there is a variation on Pat Page's original effect. Tenyo's version is designed to appeal to their main customer base, Japanese laymen, who can't do the fancy versions that require sleight of hand. It is self-working, has a little something unique to the Tenyo version at the moment the bills "print" and the bills can also be dealt to the table at the end. It's a good handling of a classic trick for someone who wants it to be essentially self-working.

Release date for all these tricks in Japan is mid October. For the US I think it will be before the end of the year. For all of you who obtain the trick from Hitomi or Seo-Magic, while they provide written instructions in English, these are NOT Tenyo's official instructions or translations of them. You should keep that in mind because they often don't translate all the details.

Because I'm writing the book, Tenyo sent me a set of the new items right after they were first sold at the Tenyo Festival last Sunday. I got them today. All are better in person, and in handling, than they appear in the videos.

When Lubor created "Ghost Card," the vanished half of the packet popped out of his mouth after going through his cheek, and this made perfect sense. Not many people want to stick half a packet of cards in their mouth, so Tenyo developed a different method for reproducing the vanished half of the packet. But, I thought of something that seems better today. I call the packet "Vampire Cards" and I tilt my chin up and push them into my NECK just to the right of center. Looks great--like they are going right into my throat. Then I reproduce the vanished half of the packet from behind my shirt collar (ala Tenyo). Can you push the packet into something other than flesh? Yes, but some with a little "give" looks better. You can also perform the trick with various bits of female and male genetalia. Smile

The dice which come with "Magical MRI" are ungimmicked, and any deck of cards may be used. There are other items that can be used with the trick--the method has nothing to do with the extra props.

And "4D Printer" really looks a LOT better in person. Just because you know the Criss Cross Force doesn't mean that laymen do. I did the trick for both my wife and the Genii office manager today (separately). They were both fooled by the force. Tenyo has to use a force that requires no sleight of hand. You can force the cards any *** way you please. When you remove the printed jumbo cards from the envelope it gets a gasp. The retention of vision through the window is similar to what you get with "Mobile Illusion," "Midas Machine," and "Sidetrack."
MagicZathuro
View Profile
New user
Germany
43 Posts

Profile of MagicZathuro
Hm, I'm going to Tokyo tomorrow, that's obviously to early, so I have to go again in November. Tank you Richard.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
The Criss Cross Force always work perfectly !!! Sometimes the simplest things are the best !!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5266 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Thanks for the updates everybody. I had a meh feeling about these effects before, but not now. I'm really looking forward to this year's releases.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1549 Posts

Profile of teevtee
It's not the cross cross force that concerns me, obviously any force can be substituted.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3427 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On 2013-09-27 22:51, Richard Kaufman wrote:
You can also perform the trick with various bits of female and male genetalia. Smile

Remind me not to bid on this if Richard puts it up for sale.... Smile

Agreed that the cross cross force is a fine tool, my only point was it is tough to do on video without any misdirection.

Hitomi does send out abbreviated instructions initially Richard but emails the actual instructions as PDF's to her customers when they are ready. As great as Hitomi is I am going to buy the set again this year from my local brick and mortor shop... if you can support a local shop please do.

Cheers,

John
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
These days, I think most collectors buy two of each item: one to keep sealed, one to open and play with. When they're new, the products are inexpensive. So you can buy the first batch from Hitomi, and the ones to keep sealed from your local dealer, satisfying both desires.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo : Latest NEWS ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL