The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo : Latest NEWS ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2426 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Stereo: the point of the front of the plastic case is to diffuse the image so that spectators can be only a few feet from you when you do "Ghost Cards." It works: I've done it for a bunch of people who were about three feet away and there's no problem. Do not press the clear plastic front of the case as tightly against the face card of the packet if people are closer.

What the tricks are made of (not plastic) has nothing to do with cost. As I've written before, Tenyo is reacting to what Japanese consumers want in their products. which means more common looking objects rather than big hunks of plastic.

As far as my book, the Wiz has made it sound incredibly more complex than it really is. The book is being corrected and proofread by Hiroshi Kondo as I write, and I am also editing and rewriting while continuing to write new material. I also do my own photography. None of this is new for me, and it's just time consuming on a book of this size, but not terribly difficult.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Thank you for the tips Richard, you are right about the use of the plastic case.
Do you know how Tenyo know what their japanese consumers want ? You think It only depends of previous sales ?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5241 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
International Magic Auction is selling off a large estate, including quite a few Tenyo effects:
http://www.internationalmagicauction.com
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Christian Rey
View Profile
Regular user
Magician'y toast...to my
135 Posts

Profile of Christian Rey
Wondering what is the very latest effect released by Tenyo? Last one I got was "Card Surgery".
My first name rhymes with Magician
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1548 Posts

Profile of teevtee
4 new 2014 effects coming soon. Read back in this thread a little for details.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2426 Posts

Stereo, Tenyo has told me what their customers want, that's how I know. They base it upon both customer reactions, feedback, and actual sales.
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
276 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
Anyone got any information on how if possible to convert Shock Money to accommodate U.S. Currency or Euro?
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Hitomi (Magico-Japan) is selling the 2014 line on the auction site now. Her description for Shock Money states to let her know which currency you want to convert to, and apparently she will provide the means.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2426 Posts

Tenyo will be selling a US version of Money Shock by the end of November. There are multiple things that need to be changed to make a US version. I would not buy a version made for Japanese yen and modify it: there is something that you won't be able to replicate.
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
276 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
Thanks for the answers. One more question, is Shock Money similar to Richard sanders' Extreme Burn 2.0? Or completely different?
MagicZathuro
View Profile
New user
Germany
43 Posts

Profile of MagicZathuro
Just bought the 2014 line in a store in Tokyo. Looking forward to open them in a few minutes!
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2426 Posts

"Money Shock" is a new version of the ORIGINAL effect, Pat Page's "Flash Cash." Richard Sander's trick, and all the others like it, are fancier versions of "Flash Cash" which Tenyo's target audience of Japanese laymen could never do.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1249 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Does anyone know if MRI is examinable?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2262 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-11-05 22:43, Dr. Eamon wrote:

I received it today, and I would say yes.
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
I have just ordered magical MRI and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!, I just feel let down by the other ticks if I'm honest,i was going to get 4d printer as I thought it was plastic,but being paper or thick card I think I will pass,also not interested in money tricks,i wish Tenyo would just go back to the plastic micro illusions that we are all so fond of, these last 2 0r 3 years have been nothin but dissapointment,crappy tricks made of card or paper.. come on tenyo please olease go back to your old plastic miracles I beg of you!! MM.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2426 Posts

"4D Printer" is great. You're doing yourself a disservice by not purchasing it.
bigjay1974
View Profile
New user
Worcestershire. UK
85 Posts

Profile of bigjay1974
Had all of the Tenyo 2014 effects for about a week now, fantastic range this year my fav in order are

1: MRI Scanner
2: 4D Printer
3: Ghost Card
4: Money Shock (1,000 JYN)
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1416 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Richard. I thought the original was called "Easy Money". I think the concern for many was it looks too close, as good as the other versions that you had to put work in building. See the difference? Thanks to Tenyo, now anyone can just buy something that looks just as good. don't forget Richard, to a lay audience, close enough is good enough. They only have to think they know how say the Extreme Burn works. IF they got it for their birthday from Grandma some of the effect you perform is diminished. If you are entertaining a fancy holdiday party and waited for that speical momement to do Extreme Burn. You Wow them and then some kid says "I have that at home"... Tenyo is distributed at such a high level that I am sure some are concerned for that reason. I am one hoping the gimmick is more limited than the video shows. But still the concept will be out there, too close to the original, surely will be posted by some idiot, as most Tenyo toys do,on the interweb and that is what many get concerned about.

PS Most versions you can table the money or paper if you wanted so that is not unique.

Quote:
On 2013-09-27 22:51, Richard Kaufman wrote:
The original version of "Money Shock" is Pat Page's "Flash Cash," which was popularized by Fred Kaps starting in the 1960s. Every version out there is a variation on Pat Page's original effect. Tenyo's version is designed to appeal to their main customer base, Japanese laymen, who can't do the fancy versions that require sleight of hand. It is self-working, has a little something unique to the Tenyo version at the moment the bills "print" and the bills can also be dealt to the table at the end. It's a good handling of a classic trick for someone who wants it to be essentially self-working.

MagicZathuro
View Profile
New user
Germany
43 Posts

Profile of MagicZathuro
Quote:

I'd say no. Everything is, but the frame.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1915 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2013-11-09 06:46, MagicZathuro wrote:
Quote:

I'd say no. Everything is, but the frame.

Well if MRI isn't examinable few Tenyo's are. I played 10 minutes with the thing and couldn't figure out what was needed to get the peek. So in my opinion it is examinable.

Quote:
On 2013-11-09 05:48, Powermagic wrote:
... Tenyo is distributed at such a high level that I am sure some are concerned for that reason. I am one hoping the gimmick is more limited than the video shows. But still the concept will be out there, too close to the original, surely will be posted by some idiot, as most Tenyo toys do ,on the interweb and that is what many get concerned about.

Extreme Burn as well as many other 'bill-changing-routines' are revealed on several fora and channels, with even tutorials on how to make the gimmick. I'm sorry if I misunderstand you, but you make it seem that because it is Tenyo it will be revealed, which I think is not necessarly true. And about Tenyo being distributed at such a high level, well it is not available at your local toy shop - it is as easy (or hard) available as Extreme Burn is, at a magic shop (except for the Japanese market of course where it is for sale at toy shops).
We all have to live with the fact almost EVERY trick that is for sale somewhere will be revealed at some point, often sooner than one might think.

Quote:
On 2013-11-09 05:48, Powermagic wrote:
I am one hoping the gimmick is more limited than the video shows.

I don't understand you, why would it have to be more or equal to what the video shows? ANd no, it is certainly not more limited than what the video shows.
It's actually one of the best bill changes there is as far as I know, and with Tenyo's litle improvement extremely easy to do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo : Latest NEWS ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL