The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo : Latest NEWS ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
That works.... so what is your favorite of the bunch Richard? Will you highlight the new line in Genii this year?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I can't say what my favorite is yet. Less prone to snap judgments than I used to be. But obviously "Magical MRI" will join other Tenyo classics.
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
930 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
Truly random video...but worth sharing Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxHrMtLHtk

can't remember how I stumbled on this.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

This one is fun: watch the guy's reaction after he opens the box and examines how "Magical MRI" works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGD-Thnp6cs
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That's great Richard. It kind of sums up our love for Tenyo in a few seconds. It's that wonderful, irreplaceable "Aha" moment that all of us have had when we find out how these little pieces of mysteries work.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
That definitely made me smile, thanks for sharing.
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
I didn't know there was any 'open the box' videos for Tenyo effects! And then, doing the trick right after the opening!!!!
Just getting more and more curious about this one. Can't wait!
Thanks for the sharing!

merlin
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
4D Printer looks classic Tenyo, in the style of Mobile illusion only a lot bigger. The forcing of the cards is easy to spot for us magicians but as mentioned before this doesn't have to be a problem with 'laymen'.

I don't know what to think of MRI really. It is stunning but there are more clever ways to reveal a chosen number on a die, like Multidimensional but of course this costs 10 times more and you can only use the supplied die Smile
What bothers me most is the dice seem to be so close to the plate. It reminds me a bit of X-ray File, but that one has a few advantages: the card can be with face towards spectators and it has some sort of locking mechanism so spectators can really see the magician can't see anything from behind. Of course it looks more 'gimmicky' and it can only be done with cards.
Is it some one-way-see through plate with a locking mechanism so spectators can really see from behind and see nothing, or is the secret lost when spectators see from behind? Is it a small mirror on the bottom of the plate? We'll have to wait and find out Smile

The money trick has be done so many times but I'm sure Tenyo will have it's own easy to use gimmick. I've given up hope that it will be released with EURO-gimmick which is unfortunate of course. I hope we can make our own EURO-gimmick.

Lubor's trick is a nice litle mini illusion, a quick trick to perform when you have visitors.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Killer:

Good points all around about MRI but to me being close to the plate does nto seem fishy. If they were farther from the plate spectators may think that you coudl somehow see over or around it... having it right up against the plate actually makes it MORE "fair" to me.
I could see a routine where the magician and the spectator both have a set of dice and roll them on opposite sides of the plate. They each push the dice to the plate so the other cannot see and then try to "guess" the other's number etc. You coudl easily combne MRI with any number of mentalism routines and the actual MRI unit just becomes a meaningless prop being used to sheild the actions of the other person. I don't think it would have any heat whatsoever. Especially if it were used for several effects where it really was just being used as a shield... not uning the MRI gimmick or method at all. Then in the middle somewhere you use it for it's intended purpose... then continue to use it as a shield.

I think MRI has the potential to be a strong untility item in this way.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Agree that MRI looks cool. I can see creating some patter around Uri Geller on this... talk about how they would put him in a metal lined room to conduct thought transference experiments, etc.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Yes, the items placed in front of "Magical MRI" must be very close to the frame, or else the spectators think you can see around it. Even when a playing is placed upright against the metal plate, they STILL think you can see around the frame because the effect is so impossible.

The frame does not look gimmicked at all, and the metal plate takes all the heat off it. It certainly doesn't look odd like "X-Ray File," which consists of a paper envelope stuck to a plastic stand. THAT is odd.
Ron Timmer
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
51 Posts

Profile of Ron Timmer
We have received the sample's and made a few video's.

Ghost card: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y--n31mOdU
4D Printer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WFMiHJTdGY
Magical MRI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fclj0irLZMI

enjoy!
Ron - MagicfromHolland.com
Visit our HUGE offline shop in the Netherlands or check www.magicshop.nl or visit www.MagicfromHolland.com
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Bedankt voor de video's Ron!
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Richard? Do you think the Tenyo book will be ready in time for Christmas? I can't wait for it!
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

No--I've written over 200,000 words, but still have a lot more to go! And then must also photograph all the tricks.

I'm hoping to have the text finished by early February.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Bob_Hummer, while I am as hopeful as you regarding the delivery of this book, let's keep in mind all that Richard still has to do:

1. He's done hundreds of hours of research that he must constantly refer to as source material.
2. Finish writing the book.
3. Edit his writing.
4. Proofread his writing.
5. Have someone else edit his writing.
6. Have someone else proofread his writing.
7. Have Tenyo give their blessings.
8. Look at Tenyo's non-blessings and re-write accordingly.
9. Repeat items 3-6.
10. Hope that Tenyo gives him their blessings and if not, go back to item 8, or continue on.
11. While items 2-10 are happening, Richard will need to consider the design and layout of his book and determine how many pages it needs to be which will affect the design and production costs, printing costs, packaging costs, mailing costs...
12. Look at item 11 and figure out how much room is left for photographs verses text, and how, when, and who will take the photographs and for how much?
13. Attain said items for photography.
14. Hire photographer and take photos.
15. Review and edit photos.
16. Submit photos to Tenyo for review and approval.
17. At this point I've found that I am in fact boring myself, and I haven't even approached the worst part of this process...final approval of the printer's proofs before the job prints...it can leave you not only biting off your fingernails, but biting off your entire hand...arm...

Anyway, give the man some time.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Wow...i'm very surprised by the four 2014 tricks ! In fact after opening all the boxes 3 of 4 trick are made of paper !! Plastic molds are expensive now for Tenyo and I fell that Tenyo increasingly spend less money in Magic every years lol
Ghost card is very very fragile and in fact gimmick is very different from what I thought at first in it's construction. But well made. Really need that spectators are not too close ^^
MRI is the winner for me, because it's what we like from Tenyo, small plastic props with nice gimmick although it's not a revolution at all.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Thanks for the input Stereo.
MRI does look interesting but alas perhaps not a home run?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I agree with Stereo, it seems Tenyo tries to cut down on production costs, which is understandable. Ghost card being very fragile worries me a bit to be honest. Perhaps that is also the reason Angelo's trick with the cube didn't make it, it would be too expensive to mass produce.
The last real 'plastic' gimmicky completely self working Tenyo-like 'toy' was Illusion Truck for me, and it has been discontinued already.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
MRI is great Teevte ! Funny trick, funny props, funny gimmick. Quality and plastic finish could have been better but it's ok.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo : Latest NEWS ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL