The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo : Latest NEWS ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
533 Posts

Profile of pierredan
[quote]On 2013-11-09 05:48, Powermagic wrote:
Tenyo is distributed at such a high level that I am sure some are concerned for that reason.

[quote]

Maybe in Japan. In Canada, the city I live in has no magic store and a lot of the existing magic stores are closing, the internet is the only place I can find Tenyo.

There are over 30 members at my IBM ring and I keep introducing them to new Tenyo items as they all dismissed these as toys.

I think there are far fewer people, outside Japan, who buy Tenyo than you think.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I think lay people just want to be amazed and they don't go on internet after to find video or expose. You spectators don't know anything about Tenyo, don't know anything about magic in general, and they'll never buy any magic trick in all their life. But maybe I'm wrong.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1416 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
In todays world the internet is your toy store. Tenyo is easy to get and give as gifts.

On another note I guess ou have never seen a kid with a change bag or Rocco Delite come up to you or say they have a set of rings.
I also guess you never had some teens watch your Rubberband magic and say "I learned that on the net"
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1915 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Actually, and I can only speak for Belgium, as a teacher I sometimes perform Magic Tricks and the Linking Rings are included in every magic set there is in toystores, and sometimes a changebag too (the Melissa and Doug magic set available in the USA also has one I believe). And one time a student performed Cray Man's Handkuffs for me and he did a fine job Smile

Tenyo's are NOT as famous as you think, on the contrary. A Professor's Nightmare routine, linking rings, invisible decks and so on ar much more known then Tenyo's 4D Surprise, Card Surgery etc. ... .

There are some 'toy-hobby stores' that sell a few magic tricks or magic sets along with their puzzle-things, non Tenyo however!

Again, it seems you think Tenyo is just a toy available everywhere, well Tenyo is as easy or hard to get as any other magic trick, so I really don't see a problem Smile Never, and I mean NEVER had I had a student, family member or friend ask me or tell me something about 'Tenyo', they do NOT know it! But perhaps the situation is different in the USA.
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
276 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
I may be wrong, but I would say it's the same here in the USA. I have yet to find an audience member that knows anything about Tenyo and their line of magic.
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of NashvilleNewman
Richard sent out a video of a person discovering the secret of MRI a while ago. And I have to say his reaction is spot on. MRI is CLASSIC Tenyo. I wish all of their effects these days would have this level of cool.

On 2013-11-05 22:43, Dr. Eamon wrote:
Does anyone know if MRI is examinable?
[/quote]

I received it today, and I would say yes.
[/quote]
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2426 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
"Magical MRI" is examinable only in the sense that if you are very casual at the end of the trick, you can drop everything on the table for a few moments. But you don't want people picking up the black frame and peeking inside it carefully, or picking at it to see if anything moves. All of your presentation should be directed toward the impossibility of seeing through the metal plate--YOU control what they want to look at.

As far as the public's knowledge of Tenyo, it's non-existant. And if you know how to handle a set of Linking Rings, laymen are mystified because they're certain the set you're using doesn't have a gap in a ring like the sets they've seen as kids. This has been proven thousands of times. If it was wasn't true, no one would do the Linking Rings.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo : Latest NEWS ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL