We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Token by Paul Richards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BigWheel
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of BigWheel
If you are on the Elmwood Magic email list, you received notification of it's availability. Here is the link on their website:

https://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=12059

And I agree with the positive comments about Elmwood and Paul. All positive.
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Bande
Hey Cameron -- while agree whole heartedly with your comment, was curious about the coin in bottle comment. I use Prohibition quite a bit, and it seems fine with live audience. Now I am an amateur, so perhaps my audience more forgiving. Or is that coin bottle fundamentally different from bottle cap in bottle?
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
This effect is top quality, fun, and a fooler.
Paul has done an excellent job with this one!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yeah, I like this trick. It's clever with very nice props and the effect is more impressive to specs than I thought. One out of 5 is not really that much of a long shot so I wouldn't call this a jaw dropper with a "wow" moment. More of a slow burn that seems to build over a few minutes. But it's nice to have some "slower" effects in your repertoire as well. Changes things up a little.
The only drawback is that it can't be repeated, even if you were to have more than one token that wouldn't make sense and would detract from the effect because if you had more than one, they would think you are just switching them somehow. But many ask to repeat it. Easy enough to just go into something else. But then I discovered a use for iForce on my iPhone. Had never actually used it before but finally found a good reason. Also, this means I can use the presentation where I claim I am going to influence their decision, which I like. But they would always DEMAND a repeat using that angle, so now I'm glad I can repeat it.
I don't used the supplied ESP cards, they scream "magic trick" to me, like you just bought it at a magic shop (which I did but who wants them to know that!). I just drew the designs on my business cards. I prefer not to use a single card as Paul explains but instead have different symbols on 5 separate cards.

All in all, if you are looking to add a mentalism type effect that is simple and hard-hitting then I would highly recommend this. Easy to carry in your pocket and always be ready to go. Reset is very easy. You don't have to have a table to perform this but it makes things a little easier and the effect looks better by keeping everything out in the open right in front of them
It's one of those effects that is just plain fun to do.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Videoman,
Great input! Thanks. I really appreciate your thoughts on how to seque from this to another effect. I was thinking I would pass on this one, but not I might get it.
KJ.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
One question: If the participant continues to deal more than five cards from top to bottom, is the effect at risk of failing?
KJ.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3958 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On 2013-09-23 16:22, 1KJ wrote:
One question: If the participant continues to deal more than five cards from top to bottom, is the effect at risk of failing?
KJ.

No. The participant can do more than one cycle of the cards.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks. I think I will get it now.
KJ.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just received this, and I really like the effect and the method. Very well made. I also discovered that it CAN be repeated. You might need to have a justfication for how the token now matches a different card. I also see that the reset is oh, so easy!

Very nice.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I am working on a method that does not require any control of the cards. It seems easy enough, it would just require a bit of patter that allows a minor delay of a second or two in the routine. I rather like the idea of just handing out the cards in any random order and allowing the participant to shuffle or do whatever they desire with the cards. The method is so well designed that it allows for such a free choice.

In the demo, you see how carefully he controls the actions of the participant. IMO, the method of the effect does not require such control over the participant.

I had my reservations before purchasing this, but I'm glad I purchased it. The method is very good.

KJ
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
KJ,

Glad you're enjoying Token!

The method shown in the demo is just one of several different approaches covered on the DVD. None of the other routines require any "control" of the cards. The "Additional Ideas" section shows how to do perform the effect exactly as you've listed above. Since ANY symbol can be selected or named, the handling approaches can be varied immensely.

Thanks again for your purchase!

Best,
Paul Richards
dynamite magic shop
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
22 Posts

Profile of dynamite magic shop
Hi,

we also sell TOKEN now for 2 weeks and it is a great fooler, even for professional magicians. We fooled a lot of them!

It is very well made and has various methods of having the card choosen. Also, there are even more ways in having the card choosen, I personally use a VERY bold one and it fooled everyone untill now Smile

The prediction itself is a stunner for the people, what makes it so strong is the fact that you ánd the spectator did not see the card which is in the spectator´s pocket. I have the token itself first revealed and then the card taken out of the pocket...it is a hammer.

I like it very much and it will be an item which I am also going to add to my own magic repertoire next to selling it in the shop.

René
Dynamite Magic Shop
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Paul,

Thanks for clarifying. I guess my point was this: I actually like the method shown on the demo, but I don't think it is the strongest method. I really enjoyed what you taught on the DVD EVEN more than the demo and I tailored it to my taste. Usually the demo is as good as it's going to get with most effects. I think some of the methods you teach in the DVD, and different ways of handling that people may come up with on their own are EVEN stronger than the demo.

In other words, nice work!

KJ
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
Just got this. First of all the props are very nice and sturdy. I usually hate to have to make parts of gimmicks or tricks but the thing you have to produce for this is very easy and well explained. I like the instruction and the different handlings of this trick and did it this morning and got a wow. Very nice item well made and well worth the money. Sometimes you pay for an item and wonder where the money went. These props and instruction are so well made that you can see exactly where the money went. Bravo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Token by Paul Richards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL