The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 6 by Six :: System 6 Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Quote:
On 2013-05-04 13:19, SIX wrote:
Wow! Alex, John, Rasmus and Alec -

Thank you guys so much for the wonderful words, and positive reinforcement! lol It means a lot that other have gotten something from my magic, amazing I was really iffy about even releasing this project in the first place. I am now excited that I did, and proud to have the support of my peers.

Thank you guys again!

Im in L.A Sunday- Wed if any of you are in the area, would love to meet.

Well wishes,

SIx

You are very welcome Michael, you have earned the recognition and praise! Smile

AND, I have to admit, I was thrilled to see my name included with names of
men I admire so much.

Lets see now, in Michael's post, above, there is Alex, John, Rasmus, and Alec...if we just take me (a beginner) off for a moment and
add three great magicians in my place: Zombie, Vin (of Vinsmagic) and Craig Petty I think, if my math is right:

We have SIX great Magicians for 6 by SIX!...YAY TEAM!

This calls for a celebration! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile (notice the SIX smiley faces, I am so clever...well mom says I am, Smile )...ok that last smiley made seven Smile...eight..
OK stop it Alex, STOP IT!

SO fellas, what I was thinking is this: (need a moment to check my bank account and some...other stuff...)

checking...thinking...checking...thinking...(don't worry I won't write this 6 more times) Smile

Okay, got it!:

I think the Café should host a 6 BY SIX EXTRAVAGANZA!!

What exactly is that? Give me just SIX moments and it will be introduced in my next post. Smile

(WoW...I smiley-faced the daylights out of this post...well, just cause I think the Lord gave me a neat idea...)
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I bought this more than a month ago and haven't watched it yet! I really have to catch up here.

A few sales at L&L along with a very merry Christmas season with lot of magic DVDs for gifts has me backed up big time. A nice problem to have but I need to prioritize better methinks. Smile

Jim
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
In recognition of our fellow Café Member's giving of his time, talent,
and God's love to children in need,
welcome to the:

***WONDERFUL!...FIRST EVER OF IT'S KIND...EXCITING!***

***6 BY SIX EXTRAVAGANZA!***

*** Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile***

SIX DAYS FROM TODAY: MAY 5th, A DRAWING WILL BE HELD
(ON FRIDAY MAY 10th)

Six Prizes, each prize being: Michael Muldoon's Card Magic Master Piece "6 BY SIX", will be given away!

:) *EXTRAVAGANZA ELIGIBILITY*:---Any Café Member

:) *EXTRAVAGANZA ENTRY*:---To enter, just PM your mailing address to trueinventor along with the answer to THIS equation:

What is 6 multiplied by 6, divided by 6, plus 6, minus 6, to the sixth power, minus 46,650? (Whew!)

Hint, HINT!: (The theme of this Extravagana is...SIX!) Smile

:) *EXTRAVAGANZA RULES*:---Ummm...I can't really think of any, just trying to write 6 *Extravaganza* points in keeping with the theme of "SIX" Smile...got 3 points to go!

:) *EXTRAVAGANZA REQUEST #1*--We ask that winners post their reviews of "6 BY SIX" at http://www.penguinmagic.com

:) *EXTRAVAGANZA REQUEST #2*--Allow us to post your name as a winner here on this Café thread

:) *EXRAVAGANZA REQUEST #3*--Please, after viewing Michael's DVD, post your thoughts here at the Café

After the drawing this coming Friday, all PMs (with mailing addresses) will be deleted.

P.S. IF you are more like myself and Homer Simpson and less like Michael or Ustaad or Loki and are having difficulty
with solving the equation above, you can optionally answer THIS question and PM it, along with your mailing address:

HOW many card illusions does Michael teach on his DVD: "6 by SIX"?
(This is NOT a trick question Smile ) (We just want everyone to have a chance Smile )

Okay, if you are REEALLYYY like I am (on the slower side of slow at times) and just give a wrong answer, don't sweat it...you are still eligible to win the drawing.

After the drawing, prizes will be mailed: "Standard Mail" from Penguin (unless you are THE Halle Berry, in which case I will deliver Michael's DVD in person! Smile )

Okay fellow magi, the Contest begins.....NOW!!!!!! (six exclamation points? this has to be the most "six-ti-fied" post in the history of the Café! Smile
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Quote:
On 2013-03-24 12:51, Brandon Sheffield wrote:

Fool Me Once

What a great routine. Obviously this is magician fooler x 2! But this is a crowd pleaser as well. Not sure how much better you could get with this.

At around 23mins in the following clip Joe Barry performs a wonderful and pretty well established (MD) variation of this plot which I would prefer over "Fool Me Once" in certain environments, but not in others. I must say I also love Six's method, but I'm glad I have both options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAZRwp9qwkI

I love the fact that Fool Me Once can be done with a borrowed deck with minimal setup, and I will definitely be using it. I just wanted to mention the MD for anyone who fancies learning more about what is possible with this plot.

Congratulations Mr Muldoon, the consistently glowing reviews for this dvd speak for themselves. Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing your ideas with the community.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I think “6” eliminated all the weak points Joe’s version has in the video above. With Joe’s version most is done in the hands of the magician, and “Fool Me Once” is done in the hands of the spectator. This is how it will be perceived and that’s why (for me) Joe’s version would be a big step backwards. I even find the method (handling and p**k) very obvious to detect in the video above.

Sometimes small changes can make a giant difference… Smile
John
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-05-06 19:40, Dr. Eamon wrote:

....Sometimes small changes can make a giant difference… Smile

Dr. Eamon, that is so true. My playful "obsession" with magic is actually a search to take what I already do and make it just that much better. It can be the smallest change, but it makes the routine/trick so much better.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
“obsession”… I think it’s called passion (for magic). Always searching for improvements [=addiction]... and even the smallest improvements can make feel so d*mn good, like a child in a toy store [=reward] Smile
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Smile Smile Smile
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Well said, John. Indeed, the "hands off" approach is a real improvement over what we saw in Joe's clip, which is why I mention it here, (mainly for MD workers), because in fact there are MANY ways the MD handling can be used including the EXACT same handling Six uses, albeit after the shuffle, i.e. in the hands of the spectator with magician only briefly touching the deck (to demonstrate the cut). I'm saying that if you wanted to use an MD for whatever reason or already had one in play, as Joe did, then everything except the initial shuffle could be handled exactly like "Fool Me Once". This is a step forward for anyone already performing this plot within a longer MD routine Smile

There would be one small advantage of using the MD which I won't expose here because it goes into the method. For dealing with more difficult to manage spectators I think this could be very useful and would make the trick less likely to fail, but with most spectators this simply is not an issue. The major drawbacks of the MD, and the main advantages of "Fool me Once" are that (1) the shuffle at the start wouldn't look as great as it does in "Fool Me Once", and (2) it would be a huge pain to get into using a borrowed shuffled deck. For these reasons I would prefer Six's wonderful impromptu handling for most normal performance situations, and I can't wait to start using it regularly. I really only mention the MD possibilities here for anyone who's interested in variations for this plot or for those who already regularly use an MD but had not realised that they can present this plot to look almost exactly like Six has done so well with "Fool Me Once".
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
I finally had a chance to check out 6 by "Six"

This a wonderful DVD that has something for the novice all the way through to your heavy handed sleight of hand technicians. The additional techniques that are taught are excellent and well explained.

New Found Blood, Two Ton Triumph, and Invisible Flush will require the most technical ability.

No Stopping Me and Fool Me once are both extremely easy to do and pack quite a punch. They can easily be added to anyones card set. Fool me once has a very easy set up and there is a great effect you can do to precede it that will allow you to perform this effect with ease. If anyone has the DVD and wants to know the effect please feel free to contact me.

Royal Tantalizer is something I will be using in conjuction with my Paradiddle Principle and I am very excited to put it into play.

Great Job Michael!

Kind regards,
Max
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Hello Mr. Six, I purchased you're 6 by Six DVD from the Magic Apple in Studio City. I was curious about the added bonus material if possible? I would be happy to provide proof of my purchase if required. Thanks!

You're PM folder is full, so had to post here instead.
Posting ever so slightly.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-06-09 04:33, Silver Glove Magic wrote:
Hello Mr. Six, I purchased you're 6 by Six DVD from the Magic Apple in Studio City. I was curious about the added bonus material if possible? I would be happy to provide proof of my purchase if required. Thanks!

You're PM folder is full, so had to post here instead.

Messaged you last night, enjoy!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 15:47, Max Krause wrote:
I finally had a chance to check out 6 by "Six"

This a wonderful DVD that has something for the novice all the way through to your heavy handed sleight of hand technicians. The additional techniques that are taught are excellent and well explained.

New Found Blood, Two Ton Triumph, and Invisible Flush will require the most technical ability.

No Stopping Me and Fool Me once are both extremely easy to do and pack quite a punch. They can easily be added to anyones card set. Fool me once has a very easy set up and there is a great effect you can do to precede it that will allow you to perform this effect with ease. If anyone has the DVD and wants to know the effect please feel free to contact me.

Royal Tantalizer is something I will be using in conjuction with my Paradiddle Principle and I am very excited to put it into play.

Great Job Michael!

Kind regards,
Max

Max, very much appreciated! You gotta get you back to Rogues shop more often, its been many years since I seen you!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-05-05 02:01, trueinventor wrote:
In recognition of our fellow Café Member's giving of his time, talent,
and God's love to children in need,
welcome to the:

***WONDERFUL!...FIRST EVER OF IT'S KIND...EXCITING!***

***6 BY SIX EXTRAVAGANZA!***

*** Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile***

SIX DAYS FROM TODAY: MAY 5th, A DRAWING WILL BE HELD
(ON FRIDAY MAY 10th)

Six Prizes, each prize being: Michael Muldoon's Card Magic Master Piece "6 BY SIX", will be given away!

:) *EXTRAVAGANZA ELIGIBILITY*:---Any Café Member

:) *EXTRAVAGANZA ENTRY*:---To enter, just PM your mailing address to trueinventor along with the answer to THIS equation:

What is 6 multiplied by 6, divided by 6, plus 6, minus 6, to the sixth power, minus 46,650? (Whew!)

Hint, HINT!: (The theme of this Extravagana is...SIX!) Smile

:) *EXTRAVAGANZA RULES*:---Ummm...I can't really think of any, just trying to write 6 *Extravaganza* points in keeping with the theme of "SIX" Smile...got 3 points to go!

:) *EXTRAVAGANZA REQUEST #1*--We ask that winners post their reviews of "6 BY SIX" at http://www.penguinmagic.com

:) *EXTRAVAGANZA REQUEST #2*--Allow us to post your name as a winner here on this Café thread

:) *EXRAVAGANZA REQUEST #3*--Please, after viewing Michael's DVD, post your thoughts here at the Café

After the drawing this coming Friday, all PMs (with mailing addresses) will be deleted.

P.S. IF you are more like myself and Homer Simpson and less like Michael or Ustaad or Loki and are having difficulty
with solving the equation above, you can optionally answer THIS question and PM it, along with your mailing address:

HOW many card illusions does Michael teach on his DVD: "6 by SIX"?
(This is NOT a trick question Smile ) (We just want everyone to have a chance Smile )

Okay, if you are REEALLYYY like I am (on the slower side of slow at times) and just give a wrong answer, don't sweat it...you are still eligible to win the drawing.

After the drawing, prizes will be mailed: "Standard Mail" from Penguin (unless you are THE Halle Berry, in which case I will deliver Michael's DVD in person! Smile )

Okay fellow magi, the Contest begins.....NOW!!!!!! (six exclamation points? this has to be the most "six-ti-fied" post in the history of the Café! Smile

WOW!!!!!!! This is awesome!!! Thank you so much!
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Six,

I also recently purchased your DVD and am also interested in the bonus material and the effect you use to get into Fool Me Once. I would have PM'd but your inbox is full. Thank you.

John
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Well.... lets just say that I have learned everything on this dvd (got it a few weeks ago but didn't have much time to watch) and I must say that there isn't one of these tricks that I won't perform. They are very good and well thought out effects and the teaching was phenomenal. Well done my man Smile Six, you're wonderful lol can't wait to meet up again!
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 11:13, lumberjohn wrote:
Six,

I also recently purchased your DVD and am also interested in the bonus material and the effect you use to get into Fool Me Once. I would have PM'd but your inbox is full. Thank you.

John

John, sent you a message..sorry about the inbox being full, makes sense to why I havent revieved any messages lately. Hard to keep up with messages and delting and etc.

Enjoy!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 11:55, Casshan wrote:
Well.... lets just say that I have learned everything on this dvd (got it a few weeks ago but didn't have much time to watch) and I must say that there isn't one of these tricks that I won't perform. They are very good and well thought out effects and the teaching was phenomenal. Well done my man Smile Six, you're wonderful lol can't wait to meet up again!

Thanks Cash! Glad your really getting some use out of it..were not doing the Penguin Live so wont be in Ohio, but let me know if your around NYC anytime soon. I will be in Pittsburgh soon, if your not too far.

Thanks bro!
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 12:11, SIX wrote:
Quote:

Thanks Cash! Glad your really getting some use out of it..were not doing the Penguin Live so wont be in Ohio, but let me know if your around NYC anytime soon. I will be in Pittsburgh soon, if your not too far.

Thanks bro!

Sure man! I will see what I can do. I'm going to trics convention in october. You should go Smile lol just keep in touch and no prob!
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 13:47, Casshan wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 12:11, SIX wrote:
Quote:

Thanks bro!

Sure man! I will see what I can do. I'm going to trics convention in october. You should go Smile lol just keep in touch and no prob!

Will definitely try to make it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 6 by Six :: System 6 Magic (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL