The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 6 by Six :: System 6 Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 00:03, Mr. Marko wrote:
I assume this also means Modern Triumph can only be done on a close-up pad.

I don't have 6 by SIX yet, but I have and use Modern Triumph. I do it right in their hands. Even if done on a table, a close-up mat isn't needed.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I am interested in how you get into the fool me once routine, craig/michael I did pm you? also where can I find the 35 min download, cannot find this anywhere on the dvd?
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Me too Daren, on both points. I did email Michael via the email on his site a couple of days ago about another matter, but haven't had a response.Will try sending him a PM here instead as he's made several posts on The Café since my email.

I have to say though, the DVD is excellent.

Iain.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 00:03, Mr. Marko wrote:
What is the difference between Two-ton Triumph and Modern Triumph? I know the former can be done in the hands, but the second one comes on its own dvd and a gimmick. If I buy Six by 6 do I need to buy Modern Triumph? I assume this also means Modern Triumph can only be done on a close-up pad. I like both, but I am confused by what the gimmick accomplishes that is (apparently) absent in the Two-ton version. I can't afford to get both, and I like the Fool Me Once effect shown by Craig on WPR. I also like the idea of $5 shipping since I live in Thailand.

Marko, replied to your message, but for anyone interested they are totally different triumphs. The on on 6 by Six is sleight of hand, and the one I use if I don't have a Modern Triumph deck with me.

Thanks for the questions!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 06:17, Daren wrote:
I am interested in how you get into the fool me once routine, craig/michael I did pm you? also where can I find the 35 min download, cannot find this anywhere on the dvd?

Sent you a PM with all the info, Im working on a video at the moment for the routine to get into it. Thanks!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 09:29, Iain Moran wrote:
Me too Daren, on both points. I did email Michael via the email on his site a couple of days ago about another matter, but haven't had a response.Will try sending him a PM here instead as he's made several posts on The Café since my email.

I have to say though, the DVD is excellent.

Iain.

Glad your enjoying the DVD, sent you a PM Smile
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Thanks Six - got your PM Smile

Iain.
electricmagic
View Profile
New user
New Lenox, Illinois
4 Posts

Profile of electricmagic
What is the level of difficulty for 6 By Six? Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced .... especially for 'Fool Me Once'?
Todd

The three rules of Engineering: 1. Always use the right tool for the job. 2. A hammer is the right tool for any job. 3. Anything can be used as a hammer.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I would say fool me once is a very easy routine to learn, it is fantastic and gets very strong reations, this effect alone is worth the price of the dvd in my opinion
Brandon Sheffield
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Brandon Sheffield
A quick review guys

6 by Six

Well most people by now have probably seen this reviewed by Craig and David on the Magic Review show and instantly bought it for the Fool Me Once routine that was performed on the show. Well if you were one of those people you will not be disappointed in Fool Me Once because it is as good as it looked on the show and once you learn the method, to me it’s even better. But the great thing is, if you bought it only to learn that one routine. You will be surprised because you are going to want to learn the other routines as well!

The DVD was well produced with all the menus in the right places, making it easy to navigate. With additional handling on some of the routines you could tell that Michael has performed these routines more than once Smile

My only gripe really for the whole DVD is that I wish the performances would have been done for a live audience in a working situation. Michael did have a girl that he showed the effects to, I just think when it’s a one on one situation in a studio setting the reactions are always a bit muted. I know this because the reactions I got last night from Fool Me Once was way better than the reactions received on the DVD and I’m sure Michael gets better reactions out in the real world as well.

The effects were great!

New Found Blood

This is something I can see myself performing and I’ve already started working on it a bit. And this has 3 other variations that Michael goes over. To me this would make for ideal opener. There were multiple climaxes and very cool looking.

Two Ton Triumph

I know there are a ton of great variations of the Triumph plot. I perform 3 different versions myself depending on the situation! This is in the hands and I have to say that the method of getting into this is genius. This might be replacing Jay Sankey’s Back in Time, as my in the hands Triumph. It’s that good.

No Stopping Me

This is a self worker that has a couple of funny moments in it and if you don’t have something like this already in your current set. This is something worth looking into.

Fool Me Once

What a great routine. Obviously this is magician fooler x 2! But this is a crowd pleaser as well. Not sure how much better you could get with this.
This is the way the routine plays out in the eyes of a spectator cuts the cards, remembers the card cut to. Shuffles it into the pack that was cut and then replaces it back on the deck and then the whole deck is shuffled. Without looking or touching the deck, the magician tells the spectator exactly what card was chosen.

Then there were two other routines!

Invisible Flush

Which is a nice touch on the Larry Jennings classic. The only reason I wouldn’t perform this is only because I love performing the version that David Stone teaches on his set of DVD’s. And then the effect called

Royal Tantalizer

This fooled me pretty badly. I think most people will love this effect. This is probably the only routine I couldn’t see myself performing. But that’s just me. I’m not a big fan of poker themed routines. But if you like this sort of thing, you will like it I assure you!

The explanations are clear and precise. Michael is a great teacher and comes across as a very funny and likeable guy. I asked him a question of the café and not only did I get a quick reply but he was very nice and got me all the info I needed. He is a very classy magician no doubt.
Go get this as soon as possible!

http://www.system6magic.com/collections/......-muldoon
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thanks for the review. Quick question: are the two bonus routines part of the six? From the ad copy I imagined there were two more. And what about the bonus switch that's taught?
Brandon Sheffield
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

I would add this to my review but for some reason I cant edit any of my posts!

But there is a bonus that you can get, but there isn't a menu for it. Its a very cool switch. I like it a lot and it comes with two additional routines. The move, while discrepant, looks very clean and fair. Ive been working on a sandwich routine and I think this will fit in perfectly and solve a couple of issues that I have been having.

There is an open prediction routine that to me is very nice and def more than a bonus compared to some of the dvds you get now days where bonus material is usually half baked ideas and should be left off.

As far as getting to the other parts of the DVD. I'll let Six explain how to get that.

I also need to say that I got mine from Penguin and to me they seem to be getting faster and faster at getting my orders to me. Its unreal how fast they can get an order processed and shipped from California to Texas!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3395
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
How long do I have to wait until it gets here?!?!?

Oh, wait- I literally just ordered it.

Looking forward to checking it out!
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-03-24 21:56, Ben Train wrote:
How long do I have to wait until it gets here?!?!?

Oh, wait- I literally just ordered it.

Looking forward to checking it out!

Yay!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Honored to say 6 by Six has made it to the best seller list of some of the top magic sites! Thanks everyone, and glad your all enjoying it.
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
370 Posts

Profile of JordanVictoria
Love this kind of effect !! Doubtless in my next purchase SIX... Smile
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
BIG NEWS! WE HAVE OUR FIRST WINNER OF THE $600 IN MAGIC AND DVDS FROM SYSTEM 6 MAGIC!

The winner will be revealed soon, and there are 5 more chances to win! Pick up 6 by Six from your favorite dealer and look inside for the Golden Ticket!

Remember you can see the Review of 6 by Six here for those just joining us -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ILATfA2......t=21m13s

Learn more about the contest at

http://www.murphysmagic.com/contest/

Thanks and good luck!!
usearchme
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of usearchme
Have purchased this today and am looking forward to getting my hands onit Smile
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Hey Brandon - the only problem I've had with "live" shots are that if you go by the book, you HAVE to get releases from everyone that shows their mug on the tape. Otherwise you are open to liability. With an in-studio audience, you can have them sign a release and you're good to go. Granted, I think plenty of guys just let this slide, but I wouldn't do that without the release protection nowadays.

Doug
Brandon Sheffield
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

I totally agree Doug and I didn't think about thy before I posted it. I'll be honest I've been spoiled. Before this purchase my last 5 or 6 DVDs have been RSVP produced and they perform for live audiences. But I'm sure like you said, those people have to chased to down to get forms signed and its probably a lot of hassle.

I just don't think about things like that. Which is the reason I'm better at watching these thugs rather than producing them Smile

Brandon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 6 by Six :: System 6 Magic (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL