The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Carnival a TV show .... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4468 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ok so we in the uk are behind you guys on shows like this, BUT ......... How many of you watched it?

I watched an episode today and quite enjoyed it. It was series 1 episode 9, so I have missed 8 episodes but it seems like its worth watching.

So I have 2 questions....

1) do you think it's worth watching
2) do I need to look out for any notable faces from the sideshow world?

Thanks guys.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2448 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Dave - can't find any record of it online.

You don't mean "Carnivale", do you? Set in the Dust Bowl years, a drama with a lot of "magical realism"?

What network?
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
Sure, I watched the program and it was pretty interesting. Check it out and give us a review here?

John
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
If you mean Carnivale you can buy the DVD http://www.amazon.com/Carnivale-The-Comp......00FL7C8C
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4468 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Sorry I did mean Carnivale iPad auto corrected it and I didn't notice! Sorry thanks for the DVD amazon link! Will make subtle suggestions to family as its my birthday soon, if that doesn't work ill buy it form my wife's birthday (ha like that's ever going to work!)
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2917 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Johnny Meah was a consultant on that series. The carnival set up was very nice, but the hokey good versus evil stuff killed the series.
steve-pistolas
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of steve-pistolas
Its good, but was cancelled after the 2nd series so you are left up on the air on the story
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I loved the series. Yes...Only two seasons, but they ended it as best as they could. Well worth watching.
It honestly made me nostalgic for my tent days. Although the characters on the show had it much easier than I did Smile
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
830 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Season 1 episode 5, Babylon, is especially good. Very haunting image at the end of the episode.

I haven't made it through both seasons yet and am a little confused with the Brother Justin vs Ben Hawkins story line. It gets a little tiring at times. But I would still purchase this in a heartbeat if I were you. The sets are absolutely gorgeous.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
FuDD
View Profile
Regular user
Tucson, Az.
150 Posts

Profile of FuDD
I really enjoyed the series and wish they could have finished the third season (was told it was slated for three not sure as to the truth of that though) It really does leave you up in the air though for sure.
may you be filled with loving kindness
http://www.williamsmagic.com
http://www.celebratemagic.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4468 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Kids going to stay with the in laws for a week and a bit and I plan on having some time watching both series and also Game of thrones marathon too!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Carnival a TV show .... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL