The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Frog shell with bottom ridge (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Boudje
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of Boudje
Excuse my english: I'm French.
As a French, I have to purchase the froggs shells from 3shells.com

I hesitate a lot because of that strange new design, because of the cost too (but since at that time their classic shells was not on sale, I go for that frog).

Let's talk about the look.
The picture is nice, but the real shell looks gorgeous. On the website, there is an entire collection of various shells, from verious universe, from Pirates of the Caribean to the classic shells or Champagne covers. Some are expensive (as my froggs), but they are jewells crafted from a skillful craftman and designer. You can go one step further in your presentation than with classic nut shells.

Let's talk about the pea.
They are soffter than the SFS peas. When you squeezed them, the SFS peas ar 1 or 2 millimeter thicker than thoses news peas. On the table, the peas are the same size and same feeling than the SFS pea (it's not thoses bad looking spongeball peas).
At the bottom of my SFS peas, there is a small black hole (needle hole). At the bottom of the soft pea, there is a flat surface (cricle of 3 milimetters), so the imperfection is 3 time larger. I don't really care about it. Some clip are easier with the soft pea if you have skinny fingers.

The real thing about thoses shells is the design of the bottom of the shell.
The bottom ridge design allow the pea to stand inside the shell, no matter what you do.
I know that with all the other shells yo can do steal then load, one tell is that you have to finish your move with a load. I think it's not really a problem since few people know how it works, and thoses who know will not be entertained even if they will be interested. No problem with the classic design.
But the new design bring freedom.
I love freedom.
Do what you want without thinking abot it. Shuffle the shells like you want. Do your move when you want. Keep on shuffling if you want. Spectator can even move the shells before choosing one (may be not a good idea but he can). I hate all thoses "it brings to a whole new level", but...for once...it's true.
The game is smoother, the game is variouser (not sure about this one), the game is better (?)

Of course there is one downside. If not, there is no need about review, all the others shells would already be burned and build with that feature.
You already practice with the bottle cap on a hard surface? You have to do something to prevent the bump? Here you have to do the same...1/3 of the same to be more accurate. Maybe even less.

I'm really happy with my purchase, I was not found of really basic maneuvers of the classic game, I like that I can play the game without cheating with thoses shells.
I don't know the seller, but the order and communication where great, recommend it. I don't have a high income and thoses 129$+ postage was a (very) high price for me, but I don't regret it.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
334 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Thank you, for such a nice review on your shells. It is always a good feeling to hear when my customers are happy with the items they receive from me.
I care about that. Hope you have fun with them and I'm sure you know, I am always happy to help you any time. You can always feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Al
http://www.3shell.com
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Thanks for the link.I made some purchases and looking forward with excitement to receiving it.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
334 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Sorry, sometimes I miss the keyboard typing. The right link is http://www.3shells.com
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
Hi shellgame-al,

Are your bottom ridged shells available through any uk dealers?

I'm keen to avoid import duties.

Thanks in advance.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
334 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Hi Zentao,

No I do not have any dealers at all, not even in the U.S. .

I designed the Bottom Ridge shell for the working magician to have a shell that was of high quality and to take out all the clues and rules that comes with the standard type shell.

In order to keep them a special type shell for the magician I elected not to mass produce them.

Down the road after I get all the update instruction videos done, I might think about having one dealer in the UK and one in the US. It has been all good dealing with the people in the UK.

I do understand it is hard paying all the extra money to customs. I try to be reasonable on international shipping cost to help.

Thank you for your interest,

Al
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
575 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Wow! I love these shells! I'll be buying some soon.
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
No worries Al.

Thanks for the reply.

I may just go ahead and chance the customs, it seems to be hit and miss. I've had loads of items that have got through no problem then the next item gets stopped. It really stings when the custom charge, topped with royal mail handling fees(!?!), amount to a third or even half the cost of the item I'm buying.

I'll be in touch.

Regards

Chris
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
575 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
I just place an order with Al. I also got one of his Shell Game Bell. I think the Bell will really add to the act.

Emmett
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
575 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
I received my shells Friday. The ones I ordered were the Bottom Ridge Vintage Shells.  Right from the start,  the order and communication was great. I was very impressed with the workmanship of the Shells. They look better than I had imagined.  They are beautiful, a piece of art. If you get the Walnut Shells you should also get the matching solid nutty kicker.  You can't go wrong with these shells. I am a very happy customer.

Emmett
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Frog shell with bottom ridge (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL