The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Box with dirt on top, escape? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1488 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Cliff, I tried looking at your site but it doesn't load,
can you embedd the posters here in a reply, thank you

you wrote " both resembled something Houdini used to do on stage. The poster of the stunt is up on the TIES website. "

Cheers
Ian
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4468 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I am not 100% sure if this is right but I think I remember reading about the stunt Houdini did. Are you referring to the being sealed in an air tight container and put under sand to prove he could not get any air? Was this one that he started doing after seeing another performer doing this but claiming some "special" abilities and going in to a trance etc etc? I'm foggy on the details. But I think I remember reading that Houdini revealed how he did it and challenge the other performer? I think I remember some "one up man-ship" that included the other performer being lowered into a river? Or at least setting that up. Was there a bell that was rung but "not by him" but was by one of his "spirit guides"?

Anyone name some names and details?
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Hamid Bey
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Picked up three reports of this "Stunt" back in LA from local agents. These will be shown at UKEA and should explain a lot regarding this weak stunt.

Ken
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Is there images or video of this stunt.
didn't c. chaylen do it in the 80s

M123
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
Everyone is incredibly critical of peoole who put up video of escapes . Then the critics don't want to put up video of their own stuff. Stop being so critical and give feedback, not insults and derision.
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Isn't self on a pedestal a form of vanity or maybe a desperate plea of hey look at me mummy. Sadly with pic phones and Internet source everyone's a David Bailey and self promotion is rife. Sadly self worth is best sought from others who think you are worthy of it. Go back ten years and see that credit was earnt not manufactured so ones true values were shown, not self promoted BS. The Internet is not the be all and end all for entertainers and I know many who would not barge pole it,,, like most forms of info it's wide open to abuse and a users.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4468 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1488 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On 2013-03-08 02:50, Ian McColl wrote:
Hi Cliff, I tried looking at your site but it doesn't load,
can you embedd the posters here in a reply, thank you

you wrote " both resembled something Houdini used to do on stage. The poster of the stunt is up on the TIES website. "

Cheers
Ian

Cliff, Can you cite a book title and page with the this poster on, instead then?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4468 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I think that Cliff may mean the stunt that was performed twice at Halloween over the past few years NOT the stunt where Houdini proved another performer to be a fake and a liar?
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Wait, I am lost here... is there yet ANOTHER?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4468 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Fake and liar?

Or

Another time that the "box with dirt on top, 'escape' " was done?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Box with dirt on top, escape? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL