We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Mystique Silks?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

meridianfan
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
I used to work at a magic shop back in the 1990s, and if I recall correctly, we purchased silks from a company called Mystique. Maybe they were in Colorado somewhere. Their silks were some of the finest- gorgeous color, soft, and simple wonderful. All of the silks I have seen in Magic stores today have faded colors and feel more like rayon than silk. I was unable to find anything out about this company.

Does anyone know anything about this company or can recommend a place to buy very high quality silks in basic colors?

Thanks for any help!
John
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7340 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Mystique was in Oklahoma and has been out of business for years.

Talk to Bob Sanders if you are looking for a wholesale supplier. I can furnish retail orders of my own silks.

Be prepared for sticker shock. Silk went up a year ago 100%. China does not like our money anymore than the rest of the world does.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
meridianfan
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Richard,

Thanks for the reply! It's too bad to hear that Mystique went out of business. I am looking for 9, 12in or 18in silks in simple colors: green, yellow, blue, red, white and purple. Most of what I have found online is tie dyes or specially printed or hand painted. I am looking to buy from a retail supplier and need only a few.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
While we are on a search hunt for silk, there used to be a company called Menke silks that Tannens used to use to print rabbit silks. I can't find em in NY anymore, anyone hear of them?
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21832 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Rice Silk King Studio is still in business as well.

http://www.silkkingmagic.com/

Bob Sanders silks are very nice as well.

Contact him here on the Café.

Richard Hughes hems his own silk and can supply diffent size and shape needs.

You can't go wrong with any of the established suppliers and retailers.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Mystique Silks?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL