The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Aroma (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Oscar Zaldivar
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Oscar Zaldivar
I think Rorrison have a trick with this principle.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I have ordered it.
When it's bad, I will tell it here.
When it's good, I will keep it for myself Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2013-03-09 14:03, Justin N. Miller wrote:
In no way is what is being offered a new idea. Scentalism is a effect by Banacheck or Gerard I cannot remember now, been so long since I was introduced to it.(unpublished I believe). Where he takes you through an imaginary journey through a field of flowers. They mentally pick a flower and mimic picking the flower up and crushing the petals in their hands and then asked to smell their hands after they crushed up the imaginary flower and their hands smell JUST like the freely thought of flower..it is ridiculously beautiful.
To make them smell a perfume scent is a far cry (great game) from what the above mentioned offers you. There was a very select few of us (dan hauss, b. smith, dan white, and some others) that were made privy to this effect and allowed to perform it for our audiences. I used to have this on me everyday. It is a show stopper. Do not see this as anything new at all. And the scent for scentalism last for about 2-3 min after the effect is over, then just as in their imagination, the scent is gone.
JM

obviously very few people would have been privvy to it - so its hard to judge... however, the fakirs had a very nice and simple method for producing the smell of flowers, can be done any time, easy to make and use...i've used it a few times... and I've spoken to the guys who have made this and they were pretty open about what's involved...so I can only encourage others to email them if they have questions...

I think I might take the plunge too... its only $8 more to ship to the UK...
I've asked to be banned
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Just opened it...haven't played with gimmick yet. No major surprises as if you're experienced in the arts, your best guess is right of what this is. I do like three aspects of it...the gimmick is much more versatile than other ways I've seen. It has a nice subtlety on misdirection in the directions in getting your spectator. And finally what impressed me most is how the affect is achieved with all the scents with no force. Without trying it out yet, the method seems bold. I look forward to it.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
The method is not bold at all!
Classic and solid thinking, that's it.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I look forward to trying this out.

Simplistic thinking and I see this actually working. I'm gonna try this out very soon.

I found my money's worth, I'm sure I'll think of it even more so after a performance. No sticky stuff, small small pocket space. I like it.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I posted my method in Secret Sessions a little while back and Godzilla already tried it out without problem... and then he went and made bubblegum flavors too.

Glad people like it - but I am sure its an ancient method somewhere in tarbell or similar. I doubt I was born with it in my head!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
If you take the advice,from the good Dr Spektor,you can make for under a buck! May not be the same gimmick,but you can figure out ways!!! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I like it in some ways...it came today..

its not like the method Dr. S posted by the way...

this is very simple, so simple in fact I almost got angry - then I smiled, there is one subtle thing in what is provided that it made me very happy because of its thinking...

it might be a bit over-priced, as its not an absolute quantum leap forward in what is available if you happen to know the pamphlets that used to be on the learned pig site and elsewhere..but, its updated, certainly less messy than the old method(s)...

so overall, a good 7/10... as Parmesan-onion said, solid routing is required...at least, I think that's what he said - he sounds like Beaker from the Muppet show to me at times...but in written format!
I've asked to be banned
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Gone and lost my instructions, shoot.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Yes, it's what I wanted to say ;-)
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
I remember great ideas to perform this effect shared years ago on Gerry Mc Cambridge's N.W. aka T.R.I. private forum. Some solutions was rather practical.

This version seems to be very elegant with a great potential for different presentations.
durian-red
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of durian-red
There is no doubt that this effect is based on the century old classic scent trick performed by street magicians in India (says so in the instruction sheet as well). What sets Aroma aside is this:
- the elegant & practical dispensing device: easy to carry, non messy, does not stain your pocket, does not spill, does not release the 'aroma' prematurely, looks quite innocent
- the substance that actually brings out the aroma: a formulation specially manufactured for this effect, releases the aroma only when the hands are rubbed together
- the fact that the spectator has a free choice between various fragrances
- the fragrances they can choose from are all natural aromas, not artificial perfume scents.

Use the supplied gimmick, appreciate the subtleties pointed out in the instructions, bring on your most persuasive spectator and audience management skills, and you have a miracle in your hands (actually, a miracle in the spectator's hands).
rakeshmagic1
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of rakeshmagic1
Thanks Durian, sorry I was travelling on South America with busy schedule, I will reply to all the posts soon.
Rakesh Syam
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of sadhu
Where do you get the refill and are they expensive? Can we make
the refill ourselves?
rakeshmagic1
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of rakeshmagic1
Hi Sadhu, the one you getlasts for 100's of performances, I perform this every day to at least 8 to 10 people, it is more than 6 months, it is going on...... (you do the sum).
Rakesh Syam
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I've performed this at least 4 times already, technically easy as pie. I love this effect. As small is it packs, it plays pretty big.
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of sadhu
Thank you Rakesh for the clarification, my order is in.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Where is this being sold?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
rakeshmagic1
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of rakeshmagic1
Hi Alec
Here is the link http://www.mantra-magic.com/aroma.html
Rakesh Syam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Aroma (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL