We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » B'Wave Presentation (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Kj, that's a nice usage. It puts the cards in the hand of the spectator, which never crossed my mind to do. It lends another convincing element to this masterful trick. David's method is great too. I've actually used it, just this morning, and blew a co-worker away...Smile It's a nice way to get them comfortable enough to just let you lead them anywhere with it...Smile It works very nice. I am apt to use it now more often as a mental trick. I really didn't miss using the elmsley count at all and was much more involved with the storyline and so was the spectator who was anxious to play along. David obviously has been doing this a long time as his well-thought-out ins & outs prove, so he will not give the Himber wallet the time of day, but it is good idea in the way of putting it in the hands of the spectator. In the end of David's patter he speaks about no possible manipulation of the cards, no magician's sleight of hand, etc. Well, if the cards are banded in a wallet in the hands of the spectator all along, then that would sort of say that any such manipulation was impossible, proven mostly by the spectator holding the cards themselves...No need to tell them. Hey, I also like that mention by MikeSib about getting the the spec to pick the Queens up front...could really help sell David's mentionings of "It's your choice." Greg Arce's thing is cool too. Different strokes for different folks. Smile

Lot of approaches here, good ones...Perhaps there's another presentation or even a "B'wave II - The Missing Link" Smile of this wonderful effect in this stew of ideas. David, what do you think??? Your perfections of the trick are great, but perhaps a powerful re-invention is about due...Hint, hint...Smile...Maven didn't have all these ideas at the ready or the internet to get them in bunches...if he did, then he probably would've been the one to come up with Twisted Sisters as a double-pack take on the idea. There might be enough here about this trick to possibly create its next evolutionary step... I mean Mickey Silver has done it in a most remarkable way with the retention vanish of coins. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3207 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
David. Are all the effects from your DVD also in your book? Is there additional material in the book? Is your complete Bwave patter in both and do you know where I can find some online reviews?

Thanks,

Elliott
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Dpe, that was by far the best and most detailed description and presentation of this effect I have ever read. Very good. Very VERY good. Thanks for sharing this!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5020 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Check out Max Maven´s : THE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL MYSTERY :
http://www.maxmaven.com/mystery.php
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Anything by the Maven is great in my book.
Alchimest
View Profile
Regular user
Alchimest
133 Posts

Profile of Alchimest
I tried using B'Wave recently in a walk around venue and got into an interesting situation. I did the effect for one lady and she picked the queen of hearts. She drags her husband over, and he picks the queen of diamonds. This blew her away, but I got to thinking. How good is B'Wave in a walk around venue? How many times can you produce the Queen of Diamonds and the Queen of Hearts before the method starts to become evident? Is it worth trying to switch off between B'Wave and Twisted Sisters" which is a little more difficult to use in a walk around venue?

Any Thoughts?
10cardsdown
View Profile
Special user
Out There Somewhere
664 Posts

Profile of 10cardsdown
Carry two wallets that look the same in separate pockets. When a repeat is needed, remove a different wallet so the card is different. Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Or, you could probably find similar gaffed cards with clubs and spades. A
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Thank you for all of the nice comments. The only place (other than on this thread) that my presentation for B'Wave can be found is on my Mind Control Video (coming soon to DVD, by the way). It was in the original Mind Control booklet, but when I published Maximum Mind Control, I removed it in order to leave SOMETHING exclusive to the video.

ElliotB, you wrote "You’re effectively buying a much bigger impact for a small risk of exposing the method." I was just wondering, how do I do that? Using three blank cards in no way even hints at the method.

Mb217, you and others have asked me before as to whether or not there should be a "B'Wave II". I see no reason for such a creation. To me, B'Wave is not in any need of improvment. All I did was give it a presentation which hides the Equivoque sequence a bit better. Even the one that Maven wrote in the instructions is not bad, however it does break a rule of mine when using Equivoque. Every "impromptu" or "improved" version of B'Wave I have ever seen (and I have seen countless) is always inferior to the original. The Equivoque sequence is longer and/or more transparent, the effect needs and Elmsly or Jordan Count, some other piece of apparatus is employed which leads to suspicion, part of the effect is lost i.e. you can't show their card to be the only one of it's kind or of a different back design, and many other things. A lot of guys will give the argument, "But now it is done without the gaff!" This, to me, is a lousy justification for making the effect less clean, more convoluted, and less effective overall. Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Dp, now suppose the Great Magician Upstairs felt that way after his masterpiece - Man. Following this ultimate logic, I don't thing in his infinite wisdom that he thought of improving Man, but he figured out just the same on how to make Man better, how to start him out on his way to finding out his true nature...In that, he then created Woman. Not to be so spiritual here but you've figured out why B'wave shouldn't be improved upon, but for the life of me I can't think of anything that couldn't be improved upon...Since everything is a work in progress, even if we think it's all it can be already, I would think that even B'wave might not be all that it can be...Heck, even you improved upon Maven's presentation of it...Others have come up with some interesting ideas relative to it...I don't know, but I just think there are other dimensions of this great trick. Keep diggin' dude...You got a good shovel on it. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I suppose if you really need a "B'Wave II", there is always my Act Of B'Wavery. Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
There you go my man...Smile Tell us more???

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2005-01-16 10:59, Mb217 wrote:
There you go my man...Smile Tell us more???

It is in my Maximum Mind Control book, and will soon be commercially available. Smile
genemccarthy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of genemccarthy
I feel that when blank faced cards are displayed to a spectator that the 'cards are gaffed' must enter their mind.

I use Twisted Sisters, except either the red backed or the bblue backed. In other words, one half of the two packets.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Aren't we lucky that there are so many clever thinkers out there?!

Here's my tuppenyworth and a few tidbits of info that you may find useful:

If you have Twisted Sisters, then you have a couple of B'Waves for walk around situations. The Mini-Himber is an ideal place to keep em! (Kjellstrom) Okay, that was a bit of a no-brainer comment (mine -not Kjellstroms!) - we should all know that.

Although personally I prefer Twisted Sisters to B'Wave, after reading Dpe666's method I'm going to revisit B'Wave. (Although I can't agree with his observation that "it fries lay people as well as magicians" - I can't for a moment believe that there are magians out there who haven't heard of and tried either one or the other!

To 'update' Doug Conn's post of over a year ago regarding John Racherbaumer's "Fried Thrice." This, in JR's words, "has now morphed into 'Pumping B'Wave Two'" and is available to Premium Members on the downloadable Manuscript "Think Ace."

http://www.jonracherbaumer.com

Dave Le Fevre, also in November 2003, raised the issue of "Twisted Brothers." That is very much available in the appropriately gaffed Jacks and Kings of both suits. Neil Lester of Cards by Martin makes them. I have two sets of each in Bicycle and Tally Ho. They are superb!

http://www.cardsbymartin.com

RK
implicit
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of implicit
For even more effect reseal your brainwave decks before using them. When you open up a new deck of cards it is even a bigger shock to the audience.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Er, implicit - we're on B'Wave here, NOT Brainwave Smile
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Sorry to bump this old thread but I have TS but not B'Wave. Can anyone tell me if I can perform BW with my TS cards? PM me if required. Thanks.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2013-01-28 05:21, Russell Davidson wrote:
Sorry to bump this old thread but I have TS but not B'Wave. Can anyone tell me if I can perform BW with my TS cards? PM me if required. Thanks.

Forget that dumb question. The obvious has just hit home Smile

Sure all you still doing this are already onto this idea but thought I'd share it here anyway - if you have them imagine 4 red back cards on their hand (4 blue backs are actually on yours), ask them what 4 of a kind they think they are. If done for the ladies you stand a fair chance of them saying queens. Then you have a real miracle! If not, you have the joke that their imagination isn't very good etc etc. Probably standard tactics to you mentalists out there but worth mentioning I thought.

Afterthought - You might increase the chance of a hit if you include the word 'lady' somewhere in your question as to which 4 of a kind they are.
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
I thought "Choose Your Queen" was exactly the same as B'Wave?
http://www.magictricks.com/choose-your-queen.html

In the demo video, the spectator is given a free choice of all 4 suits! The only explanation is that the wallet is gaffed, although it doesn't look like a H****r wallet.

Regarding a similar effect: Does anyone think "Dream Queen" is stronger than B'Wave, because in the former you get a free choice of all 4 suits even though you can't show the other 3 cards as blanks?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » B'Wave Presentation (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL