The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Griffin Shot Thru The Chest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

escapeguy
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of escapeguy
Click the pic:
MICHAEL GRIFFIN,
America's Escape Artist

Visit: www.escapeguy.com
Like: www.facebook.com/michaelgriffinescapes
Follow: www.twitter.com/escapeguy
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Michael, interesting. I see the same problem as with Karl Archilles and Norm Bigelow's (independant ideas) for escaping from a scaled down model of the Titanic, while it is set to sink. It kind of suggests the best way to survive is to be an escape artist, and bad luck to those who aren't.

Thought it was good, however I would have done chains for everything. As the camera was watching you do the escape, I guess the cover was just in case you didn't get out.

Ian
escapeguy
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of escapeguy
HI Ian
I agree with you about the chains, when I got there I wasnt happy with the original idea so we just went with rope. Admittedly I cant see it while Im doing it, now when I see it on vid, yup there are things I would do differently. Its interesting the reactions it gets from escape people, magic people and laypeople,,,,always kind of a rorshack test I guess.

Whats funny is that after we shot (bad pun, sorry) we were ahead of schedule and the producer said we have enough time can you come up with something? he told me what they had avail and I said are you serious he said Mike you are way quick on your feet you can come up with a presentation faster than hell, lets just try...so over chicken lunch we came up with the jail thing involving a special rope tie from an old book that I had actually used as a challenge from a used car dealer in a nightclub appearance,,,,getting thru a a rope without untying it, solid thru solid and having the ropes run out of the jail cell secured off camera
MICHAEL GRIFFIN,
America's Escape Artist

magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
I thought it was good, but I thought it could be better dramatically. But what do I know? I'm not going to get behind a gun anytime soon. I agree with Ian about the chains, all chains or all rope, mixing them is wierd, unless there's some specific reason. I really liked the way you introduced it and your personality really came through which was the best part. The automatic gun thing was really cool too.
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I didn't see the pants-splitting-move
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
escapeguy
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of escapeguy
Aw thanks for the nice words about the personality,,,,at the time we didn't think anything about mixing restraints,,,just kinda goin with it in the moment,,,actually as I write this it dawns on me if we stick to has to be all one or the other doesn't that make escapes in straitjackets with chains added a bit incongruous too? or when ive been challenged with cuffs sometimes they attach them to my waist with a leather strap,,,,such ponderings *** I need coffee
MICHAEL GRIFFIN,
America's Escape Artist

escapeguy
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of escapeguy
Ok there were no pants harmed or mistreated in this presentation,,,,they kept the camera above the waist for the closeups so as to focus on the one gun
MICHAEL GRIFFIN,
America's Escape Artist

Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I'm the only one who ever suffered trouser damage during a Griffin escape, to my knowledge.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Griffin Shot Thru The Chest (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL