We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » PHATHOM by Brandon Queen New Ebook (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
I thought this was extremely solid material. Value-wise, one of my best purchases this year. I'm surprised there's not more chatter about it.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Isper
I really enjoyed this book. It is full of strong, prop-free mentalism that makes me I wish I was performing more in English. A large part of it is language dependent meaning that if you perform in languages other than English you may not be able to use the effects as is. That being said, it would be possible to use the underlying principles to adapt it to other languages, but I may require a large amount of work.
manofcards
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of manofcards
I just picked up Brandon's new book Phathom. I think it is filled with commercial material that can be used in a walk-around or stage act. The routines are straightforward, propless, and contain a number of revelations.

I had the pleasure of meeting Brandon at Mindvention last year, and he performed a few things from the book. I particularly enjoyed R.A.M. because I didn't write anything down and he not only told me my thought of memory but also duplicated my drawing. It mostly blew me away because it felt so real. He also performed Psycho Dysphagia to a number of attendees and it worked surprisingly well. Lots of people had trouble swallowing that day. In fact, I hate to admit it . . . . I couldn't swallow, which freaked me out (I'm a mentalist, this shouldn't work on me!)

Some of these routines will require that you spend time memorizing a system, but once you have it down you will be performing miracles. I only suggest picking up a copy if you want to learn how to be a real mind reader.

-WR
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1570 Posts

Profile of celebrity
After having this recommended to me by my good friend Colin I took the opportunity to track Brandon down and after sending him my funds the ebook was delivered in lightning fast speed.

The material within this book is solid. You can tell that Brandon has used these routines a lot. This is also echoed by the comments above. The material is all super strong and the bonus is most is entirely prop less!

For me the real value lies in the thinking behind the routines. There is logic and reasoning behind each detail that forms the bigger picture. I will certainly carry elements of his thinking through to my own work.

My only regret is that I wasn't able to enjoy the performance first as I'm positive I would have been fooled in a big way.

I take my hat off to Brandon for releasing his work to the community.

10/10 from me Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
It's enjoyable, well thought out, and practical material. I recommend it.
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
A wonderful and inspirational work. Highly recommended for sure.

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Brandon, Has the last one been sold ?
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
523 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
G'day Mates,

I want to thank everyone for the kind words and positive feedback I've been receiving so far. I've been hearing nothing but great things about the material and I'm happy to hear that everyone is enjoying it. Smile

I do need to breifly clarify something that was brought to my attention by one of my buyers; TELEGEUSIA requires speaking English in order to perform it right away. It can be done in other languages but it would require a bit of work. R.A.M. and TELEGEUSIA II are cultural dependent. Meaning they primarily work in western culutures.

These limitations do not mean that they are not workable in other languages or cultures. The entire methodology, concepts and structure of the above mentioned routines are adaptable to other languages and cultures, but will require a bit of extra work.

I've also been getting a lot of messages from people asking if there are any books left. Once again to clarify, this is NOT a limited release! The first 30 copies were offered at a SALE price which have all been accounted for. The price for PHATHOM is $45.00 which can be sent to paypalusa@brandonqueen.com

If anyone has any questions about the material before purchasing, please PM me or E-mail me and I'll be happy to address your inquiries.

Thank you all for your support!

BQ
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1100 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
I finished reading through this last night.

It is packed with great thinking, and am sure that anyone reading this will find something they can use!

It is evident that Brandon has put a lot of thought into these effects.

High recommendations from me as well!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Besides Brandon being a good mate of mine... he is also one clever S.O.B.

I have experienced performances of some of these pieces in person... and they kill.

I have also, despite knowing very little about hypnosis, built a reputation of being a bit of a Jedi master with one of these effects. Ha!! Those who own the book may know which one I am talking about.

Well done BQ... you rock mate.
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
I finally had a chance to read the whole thing and I love it... I love effects I can carry around in my head and this book has plenty.
Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to some very thoughtful creative mentalism and go get Phathom.
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
523 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to again thank all those for the kind words and the positive feedback I've been getting from everyone who has purchased the e-book.

PHATHOM is now available online for instant download at:

http://www.brandonqueen.com/phathom

Thanks!

Thanks!

BQ
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
But... do these effects play in the real world?? I demand a performance video!!!!!

O.K...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgYYkHw8UvQ

Enjoy! Smile
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Somehow missed this thread! Wish I got in on the pre-order. In any case, I have purchased via the website and it will not allow me to download, saying the download limit has been reached.

Did anyone else have that issue?
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
822 Posts

Profile of nique
Picked this up and it was a great read, although due to cultural differences performers in my area of the world won't be able to readily perform 3 of the routines taught in the ebook. Don't treat that as a negative if you're from these parts, it's just something I thought I'd point out.

Lacuna however, is the highlight routine for me and I do intend to work with that in one way or another.

~ Nique
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
FYI just updating, Brandon was able to email me the book directly. Review coming soon!
Pfauntschi
View Profile
Regular user
Munich/Germany
153 Posts

Profile of Pfauntschi
Sorry guys if I am a bit late on this, but it sounds really interesting... are there any language barriers or limits? I speak german, that's why I am asking (:

Best,
Daniel (:
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1223 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 06:44, Pfauntschi wrote:
Sorry guys if I am a bit late on this, but it sounds really interesting... are there any language barriers or limits? I speak german, that's why I am asking (:

Best,
Daniel (:

I found many many barriers with these effects despite being in english speaking western europe, if I can bring myself to get it to the point I like things to be before reviewing them, I might give it a review

if you take it as read, I couldn't do 3 of the effects, one of them contradicted itself, there were two good ones from memory

The presentations are all great but it feels like pipe dreams for me, I'm sure they will work for some but not a good purchase for me
Pfauntschi
View Profile
Regular user
Munich/Germany
153 Posts

Profile of Pfauntschi
Hey. I already bought it...
The thinking behind this is realy good. I love this kind of mentalism... But you are right Adam... It's mot a good purchase if you don't live on the US.
Of course some things can be changed with some work.. But others are almost impossible to perform well if you live outside of the States! :-/
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1223 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2013-06-06 16:12, Pfauntschi wrote:
Hey. I already bought it...
The thinking behind this is realy good. I love this kind of mentalism... But you are right Adam... It's mot a good purchase if you don't live on the US.
Of course some things can be changed with some work.. But others are almost impossible to perform well if you live outside of the States! :-/

yes! I didn't want to pay so much for a homework assignment though

good ideas but it's just not workable (from my experience, I'm sure it works for some)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » PHATHOM by Brandon Queen New Ebook (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL