The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Nest of Wallets w/ Sealed Envelope (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
donquixote
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of donquixote
So,I will assume that a crafty fellow like myself will figure out the placement and operation of these? or are instructions available? I have looked at my nest over and over and can't quite get it.I realize that it is a self sealing envelope but do you seal the small flap during insertion or as the envelope is removed?
redspadesmagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of redspadesmagic
Thank you george1953 & louisk.

donquixote, maybe we can try to talk about it through PM. Smile
Warm regards,

Redspades
sylmagic
View Profile
New user
France
22 Posts

Profile of sylmagic
Cool stuff thanx for sharing
redspadesmagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of redspadesmagic
You're welcome sylmagic Smile
Warm regards,

Redspades
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Redspadesmagic,

I question the ethics of your practices on the Café. I bit the hook, I sent a pm requesting help for making envelopes. What do I get in reply? An email soliciting donations for his .pdf solution for making envelopes. There was strange, broken English justification for such practices, and a quiz of Magic Café trivia was asked too (to verify that I am a magician I guess). That is not what this site is for.

Needless to say, I purchased some envelopes with the window from a local magic shop. Not impressed with the glue issues. Envelope sticks to flap. If anyone has a good solution they will share to HELP a fellow magician, a pm is appreciated. No solicitations.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-04-30 12:02, donquixote wrote:
So,I will assume that a crafty fellow like myself will figure out the placement and operation of these? or are instructions available? I have looked at my nest over and over and can't quite get it.I realize that it is a self sealing envelope but do you seal the small flap during insertion or as the envelope is removed?

The ones you buy through a magic vendor have printed instructions. However, I find some issues regarding stickiness.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Very smart
I was looking and searching how I could reproduce the little bag closed with a twisted elastic that was the nicest part of the old "plates" trick
Your envelopes are easy to make from actual envelopes with a pair of scissors, some regular glue and some post-it note type of glue.
Now if you are a detail freak (a I am) take from the internet, the image of a precious coin and print it from your computer on several places of your A4 paper sheet (also with the template of your envelope in light grey) and make envelopes with a nice coin photograph on the face of it... or a tiny photograph of yourself, name and mobile phone number as an ad.

Now one thing for redspadesmagic: you brought a great improvement to the ending of this effect... so improve the first part of your presentation as well (the borrowing of the coin and the marking of it). You obviously have more than the imagination required for that. At least add some enthusiasm and energy in your presentation...

An idea could be to borrow a coin after its date being noticed. Spellbound the borrowed coin (once only) for a historical gold coin (there are perfect replicas of a 50$ Indian Head available for less than 10$) have the "gold coin marked with whatever war paints that the spectator wants and ask him to sign on the other side his piece of art in Andy Warhole's style. Perform the effect and ask him to open delicately the envelope and give you what's inside. Spellbound the gold coin for the borroed one and tell the spectator to place it back in the envelope waiting for it to return to its gold condition...

Thank you for sharing anyways
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
Very clever ideal!!!
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
545 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but these envelopes are so expensive. I would love to learn of an alternative or how to make my own envelopes. I have actually used a simple 2x2 coin envelope with the flap folded the same as the wallets, which looks pretty good, but you can't hand it out sealed that way.
otreboR
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
258 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Race Blakhart wrote:
I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but these envelopes are so expensive. I would love to learn of an alternative or how to make my own envelopes. I have actually used a simple 2x2 coin envelope with the flap folded the same as the wallets, which looks pretty good, but you can't hand it out sealed that way.

Just use a small ziplock bag.
The reset is very easy.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3282 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, otreboR wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, Race Blakhart wrote:

Just use a small ziplock bag.
The reset is very easy.

This Smile
kinjite
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of kinjite
I find the Envelopes tend to tear during the loading of a coin. I find it better to use the cloth instead
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Nest of Wallets w/ Sealed Envelope (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL