The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is this effect called? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
I've seen this done a few time. The spectator selects a number between 1-52 and then takes out the cards deals to that number. (and of course this is a f****)
Here's an example of it on "Fool Us": (skip to 3:44) http://youtu.be/Ee4nLFuEHvA?t=3m44s

I am unsure about the rules of this forum, however, can someone either tell me here or PM me regarding the name of this f****, or at least a book I can find it in.

Thanks very much in advance.

Yankay.
AAAL
View Profile
Regular user
Venezuela
112 Posts

Profile of AAAL
This effect is called Any Card at Any Number (ACAAN), and right now it's one of the most popular card tricks. There are many different sources for this. If you're serious about this you should totally check out david berglas book "the Berglas effects" and Dani Daortiz dvd's UTOPIA. Other sources include FASDIU by Paul Cummins (with many variants), Harry Lorayne has a great routine in "Reputation Makers" called numero uno, Barrie Richardson also has a great (and easy) version of this. I think Patrick Redford has a great version called "hands off", also Juan Tamariz mnemonica has some versions, and the list goes on and on. these are just some of the many great sources of material there are. check some of those out and study them hard, this is a great trick and you should give it the respect it deserves.
yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
That for the quick reply. The thing is that the version I am aware of is the one where you countdown the cards yourself, rather than the version in the video (skip to 3:44) where the spectator counts the cards.
AAAL
View Profile
Regular user
Venezuela
112 Posts

Profile of AAAL
There are many variations, some done by the spectator and some by the magician, in that case I would recommend "the berglas effects" its a great book and has a lot of information about it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is this effect called? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL