The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..22~23~24 [Next]
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
No zombie

that's not possible but would be a very nice addition. perhaps possible
with the new version?

lets dream a little bit, right:)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
215 Posts

Profile of altrez
Quote:
On 2013-03-18 19:34, Zombie Magic wrote:
Does anyone that has the first version of Electric Touch know if you could ignite flash paper? I've done this great Nate Kranzo routine called Wish Paper. You light the flash paper and the coin appears. I thought how cool if you didn't have to use a lighter or match, but the flame just appeared and then the coin.

Those that have basic science knowledge, please don't beat me up if the answer is an obvious no;-)

You can here is a link to someone doing it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM7g92rHYs0

-Altrez
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-18 20:03, altrez wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone that has the first version of Electric Touch know if you could ignite flash paper? I've done this great Nate Kranzo routine called Wish Paper. You light the flash paper and the coin appears. I thought how cool if you didn't have to use a lighter or match, but the flame just appeared and then the coin.

Those that have basic science knowledge, please don't beat me up if the answer is an obvious no;-)

-Altrez

Thank you for taking the time to find that. Very interesting.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
You can ignite flash paper with it? Ok now I must have this.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-03-18 20:03, altrez wrote:
Quote:

sure? I didn't knew that, thanks for sharing. any advice? it didn't work for me sorry.

thanks

-Altrez
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5648 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2013-03-18 22:15, DougNicols wrote:

You can ignite flash paper with it? Ok now I must have this.

Smile Smile Smile

Smile

Smile
P.S.
Hint: This will only work under certain specific conditions. It will also need some additional special material.
(Sorry I can not elaborate more due to the Café's laid down rule on exposure.)

Please Note: Sorry, no PM's on this please. Thank you for your kind understanding.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
DTJK
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DTJK
Electric Touch is NOT able to ignite flash products, UNLESS you place the flash products on a metal plate (as seen on the youtube video). The sparks when contacted with the metal plate will spark off the ignition. Its a real tiny spark so chances are you probably wont pull this off.

I don't think this was mentioned in this thread but grounding for Electric Touch is very important. It is simple science. One simple example is that if you're on stage, you will not be able to get as much of a shock with your ET because you're elevated from the ground. This applies to the other person that you're shocking as well. If I'm sitting on a swing or I'm hanging myself on a monkey bar, you wont be able to shock me as much, simply because I'm not in contact to the ground. If you're on stage and you wish to use ET, you might want to probably test out if it works on the particular grounding you're standing on. If it doesn't work, perhaps you can add some water on the floor to enhance grounding. If it still doesn't work, the stage is probably made of a really bad conductor like wood and you might wanna remove ET out of your act. This is 1 scenario.

This brings me back to the first point, where ET is not able to ignite flash products, unless you do EXACTLY how they do it in the video, where you have to place the flash cotton on the FLOOR on a metal plate (the cotton will receive maximum grounding which gives maximum shock, and with the metal place, the spark might actually be strong enough to ignite the cotton) but if you thinking you can have the flash cotton on a table or holding it in your hands and when you activate ET and the flash cotton ignites, this will not be possible at all, because simply science will does not work this way.

Do a search on google to see how positive and negative electrons work; when I got my ET in 2007 I think I improved my science as well, understanding how the product works completely will let you know where will be a good place to use ET; you cant just do this anywhere anytime.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Thanks for the input and the science lesson that I missed in school! I appreciate your time in doing so! The flash paper coin routine is out!

My second idea had to do with a water polo routine.....
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
The postman has delivered you
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
Hi, I'm new here. Being an electrician I knows fair bit about electricity and you wouldn't need to use a metal plate to make the flashpaper ignight all youneed is the arc to be travelling through the paper. Might take a couple of seconds but it will eventually go.

Another thing is that if someone was on the monkey bars as you said they would get a shock as the monkey bars themselvesaremet and earthed. The only case in which they would t get a shock is if they were hold ing on with really really thick gloves.

That stage part you spoke of has me a little worried though, it may sound stupid but I never thought of that, maybe you can still use it in your rutines before and after your stage set?

I must say I am one of the people that preordered this as I love the idea of it I want the first but I just could not get my hands in one, it was around the time of the release of the SPP that I found that Yigal was making a new ET and I have been waiting ever since.

The thing I like about itis, as much as people might think they know about electricity unless you studied it you don't know a lot so, the idea that someone can harness it? How is that not 'magic'?

Thanks for reading.

P.S I CAN'T WAIT!!
"Magic people, Voodoo people"
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
Hi, again Smile what I mean with the flash paper is the static shock is basically the static taking its quickest route to earth, now, however you create that connection between you and earth (whether it be you touch the floor or touch a spectator) as long as the arc travels through the paper it should light, so I'm not sure whether this is a good idea but you could have a spectator or a partner hold the paper in the palm of their hand you touch it with your finger, now as long as you're creating that arc it could look pretty incredible.

Piece.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1024 Posts

Profile of rasp
Lighting flash paper in the palm of a spectator ..... Really???.........ARE YOU INSANE!!!
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 08:17, rasp wrote:
Lighting flash paper in the palm of a spectator ..... Really???.........ARE YOU INSANE!!!

As I said, probably isn't a good idea, but an accomplice acting as a spectator???

It's not like the flash goes on for long enough to hurt anyone, I'm not talking about large A4-A3 sheets of the stuff...
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 08:33, MrSlogan89 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 08:17, rasp wrote:

As I said, probably isn't a good idea, but an accomplice acting as a spectator???

It's not like the flash goes on for long enough to hurt anyone, I'm not talking about large A4-A3 sheets of the stuff...

I've burnt myself with flash paper, even a tiny amount can burn for a while.
I love sponges
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Please do not use flash paper on anyone else but yourself. Second degree burns can occur, especially from colored flash paper.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This is already six pages long, so I don't know what fool wanted to ignite flash paper in a coin routine, but it won't work in that context, so let's drop the use of flash paper as we brainstorm routines.

Yigal used tobacco in the clip, but if you worked in a restaurant that had straws, tearing up the paper from a straw could be used.
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 11:32, Zombie Magic wrote:
Yigal used tobacco in the clip, but if you worked in a restaurant that had straws, tearing up the paper from a straw could be used.

Or the salt and pepper?
DTJK
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DTJK
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 05:53, MrSlogan89 wrote:
Another thing is that if someone was on the monkey bars as you said they would get a shock as the monkey bars themselvesaremet and earthed. The only case in which they would t get a shock is if they were hold ing on with really really thick gloves.

That stage part you spoke of has me a little worried though, it may sound stupid but I never thought of that, maybe you can still use it in your rutines before and after your stage set?

Ok monkey bars is a bad example. Lets use an example that is easier to understand. Lets say your audience is sitting on a chair, and his feet happen not to be touching the floor (because he's short for example, or he's crossing his legs) and the chair is made of WOOD or plastic.

There will be a HIGH CHANCE that your ET will NOT work. You'll be touching your spectator and nothing comes out of it. Simply because the only grounding he has are the 4 legs of the chair, and if its wood (a bad conductor) it will not shock him.

As for the stage example, most of the time stages are ELEVATED from the ground, made from wood, cover with carpet etc. Try going on a stage and start jumping around, you will find that it is HOLLOW. There is a SPACE between you and the actual ground when you're standing on stage. In this case, you are NOT grounded 100%. Your only grounding is only the parts of the stage that is touching the actual floor. Once again, most of the time the ET will not work on stages UNLESS its a solid concrete stage.

Carpets in hotels, wooden floorings, are all factors. You not only have to see where you YOURSELF are standing, you can be absolutely well grounded but if your spectator is on a wheelchair and his grounding is just the 2 RUBBER wheels that's touching the ground, he is poorly grounded and ET will not spark him.

However, please don't try this on a person on a wheelchair..
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
There are so many easier, more reliable and less expensive ways to light flash paper.

Ways that don't involve a special shoe.

If the flash paper could have been lit anywhere other than that large metal plate, on the sidewalk outdoors, with a funny gimmicked shoe grounded on that same steel plate only inches from it... they would have done it.

Trust me on that one Smile

DD
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
"And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none...."

Clearly in my case, it has. lol. Sorry about brining up flash paper. I use it in the Kranzo routine and I wondered if I could use this to ignite it. Sorry everyone.

I did like that moment on the trailer where two people were used.

Also, Papercrane put out that great DVD on Matt Sconce's SPUN. It would be interesting to combine ET with that.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 14:52, Zombie Magic wrote:
Also, Papercrane put out that great DVD on Matt Sconce's SPUN. It would be interesting to combine ET with that.

If that works it's a MUCH better idea than sawdust or whatever he's moving in the demo. People will recognize what he's doing with those particles as the same trick where you hold a comb over paper pieces to make them dance.

Nice thought. Actually, that's the first sensible idea for this I've heard. The other presentations look like nothing more than science tricks.

Although the average person doesn't really know all that much about electricity, this is the youtube generation. They have literally seen it all before.

I don't think static is going to impress people like it may have when this was first released. Unless you put a real twist on it, like Zombie just did.

DD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL