The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..22~23~24 [Next]
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
The postman has delivered you
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
Quote:
I don't think static is going to impress people like it may have when this was first released.

But how many people will know it was static? If you build up a moment snout people will believe what ever you want them to.

Dan.
"Magic people, Voodoo people"
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
Build up a moment enought. Sorry.

Dan.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Imp devices are so powerful. Whatever your favorite method ( B. smith's Psypher, etc. ) and have them imagine a large theater screen, with the word on it. Have them touch their forehead as they think of it and then touch yours.... it's sent and you announce it.

Using B. Smiths Psypher for instance, you get the peek, but I don't think you have to write the word down. You could use a peek wallet, Osterlind CT, any way to get the word. But Psypher is so clever.

Here's Robert Smith ( one of my FAVORITE performers ) showing how fast you get the word:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHTEbeBS8......&t=1m16s

I think using the ET+ in tandem with IMP, book test, etc. would create a very hard hitting, memorable moment for any audience member.

I keep picturing Uri Geller when he did a drawing dupe for Barbara Walters and how blown away she was. Imagine if she "felt" the thought being transferred?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 14:52, Zombie Magic wrote:
"And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none...."

:)

Mike
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
I've been thinking, brainstorming rutines. And something hit me, instead of physically touching someone or having them touch you, how about having them touch something else, see I own an Infinty Ring, but anything could be used, ie a coin, anything that is metal. Display something cool with your prop and then say it also, does this then go into whatever rutine that requires you to tell them what they are thinking of, so with the Infinity ring after I've displayed what it can do I hand it out mentioning that it can also do something else, maybe have them pick a card, take the chain and ring back (I'm working on some sort of script to talk about it) and have the ring hanging and ask them to touch the ring and obviously they will get a shock, then reveal their thoughts. I like this idea because you can then hand out the prop and all is how it seems they are not going to think 'Oh, he must have some sort of gimmick strapped to him.' Because you're being totally fair, and you will have already in the previous effect with the prop that it is stand alone and when they examine the coin, ring or what ever it is that you may use is totally legitimate.

Just a though. Hopefully one can see what I mean. Much like his demanstration with the dog 'did it bite you' but I think personally on a better scale.
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
Spurring off of that, the idea of the ring and chain kind of distracts any thought that you may have something on you that delivers a shock, because although the chain is metal you're not touching the ring that they're touching so really, you're clean?

I mean tell me I'm wrong but I think this rutine would be a killer.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6961 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 14:52, Zombie Magic wrote:
"And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none...."

Also, Papercrane put out that great DVD on Matt Sconce's SPUN. It would be interesting to combine ET with that.

I actually did that routien with the first ET version Clarke.
Todd
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I was watching the trailer again. Seeing the tobacco effect, I thought "book test".

So, the word is selected and you know what it is. The book is placed on the table, cracked open, in half, pages facing up.

They concentrate on their word. You hold your hand over the book, trying to divine the word. Some pages of the book turn over and then you name their word.

I think that if you performed that, people would have some amazing reactions.
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Great idea Zombie but you won't be able to move the pages with ET .
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
Or will it, same principle as the tobacco, I think as long as the pages are light enough it could work?
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
826 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Well I hopped on board - just made a pre-purchase. Hope it's great!

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 06:21, king2262 wrote:

king2262, I think you should be able to move at least 1 or 2 pages. If it can do tobacco and confetti, a paper page should be able to animate.

I'm not talking 30 pages flutter by. Even just 1 would be an amazing moment.
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 12:00, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:

king2262, I think you should be able to move at least 1 or 2 pages. If it can do tobacco and confetti, a paper page should be able to animate.

I've used my ET a lot since it originally came out and I've never been able to "make a page flutter "
Your have more luck blowing on the pages Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 15:51, king2262 wrote:

I've used my ET a lot since it originally came out and I've never been able to "make a page flutter "

Dang it!

I was sure since you could do bits of paper, you could get a page to do it. Thanks for the input.

Blowing on the pages does work, unless James Randi is in the room;-)
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
An review ???
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-04-01 10:22, j.i.s. wrote:
An review ???

???

All the ads say it doesn't ship until April 12.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
To be honest.... this thing looks so 'too good to be true' - I just can't believe it is priced so little... the ability to charge your entire body up for just 150 quid?
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
With Dr. Bills Tear out, Electric Touch+ looks quite tasty.
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 15:51, king2262 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 12:00, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:

Should work with tissues.
The0mas
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of The0mas
Lol I just can't think of any routine that this device could be used for... Tha fact is that, as shown by this thread, there are different opinions concerning iif it is a good idea or not to go around and "shock" people, as you can never know if your spectator will be the one who would actually laugh/give good reactions, or if he would freak out and just leave... Unless you just walk to him and say "hey would you matter if during my show I give you a shock?" But honestly this wouldn't be a good idea Smile
So it all depends on what kind of people are you dealing with... And personally, if I had to spend 200$, I would rather buying something that I am sure everyone could like.
Just a question: the customer service said that it will be more powerful than the previous one... Now, I do not own the original one, but is it REALLY necessary to give a stronger shock?? I really don't think so...

P.S.: just a hint: I would recommend to always check weather forecasts before you go out performing, you would not want to wear it in a rainy day!!!! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL