The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..21~22~23 [Next]
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Ok as promised here goes...

I received this in the mail today. I actually bought shoes that I wanted to modify specifically for this effect. I always dress in casual clothes, jeans and tshirt, cause I work mostly in bars so I opted for skater type tennis shoes. The set up took several hours, but after getting everything together I have to say. IT'S AWESOME! I did not have the original version but I have tried this standing on hardwood, carpet, concrete and linoleum and it works great.

It does exactly what is advertised and its far stronger than I anticipated. I will use this sparingly but it will really add credence to my ability to manipulate internal energy in coin bends, IT levitations, PK effects and mentalism.

It's expensive, and the set up is challenging but I am hoping this keeps it out of the hands of some and off of you tube. My setup did not require a screw BTW and its working great. PM me and with some proof that you purchased this and I am happy to share how I did it.

I am very happy with this little gem, and I reccomend it but really due to expense and set up requirements it's probably only worth it for working pros.

That's my .02
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
YEah Dannicus your input is great but being an owner of the closet that this effects has lived in for years ima need to wait and see what the big difference in hook is here.... But what you say sounds promising.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I have it completed with the Professional set up and tomorrow morning will try it out. It works perfectly with the Pro set up.

Pure Smoke was about $150 and hobbyists got that. ET+ is only $50 more ( and it WORKS ) so I don't think it will be just limited to working professionals. You can use sneakers/sport shoes, so the dress wear isn't an issue.
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
The postman has delivered you
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
I did not own the first, so I can't compare. I have watched the DVD and have read the written instructions. I have had a temporary set up involving some superglue type stuff which works for a short while as I'm currently brainstorming different ways of setting this up.

So far, I'm very impressed, it is exactly as advertised and gets the reactions you require. It as Dannicus says - a little gem.

Even with this temporary set up, it works. I have built it around routines I already use to frame a moment, like omni deck, spoon bending, haunted deck, during an ambitious card routine as well as, general mind reading using the fishing technique with the Shadow Stack. The Short card force seems fair to the laymen with that stack too.

See, already people are slating it, but I've already got my money's worth out of it and I haven't even set it up properly. I love this thing I really do. I'd recommend it to anyone with some imagination and paicence (I hate that word)

Still brainstorming, ideas are coming out my ear holes.

I'm open to share, with proof that you own one, just pm me.

Loving this secret!
"Magic people, Voodoo people"
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
ET+ would be PERFECT with Jon Allen's GHOST from his Connection dvd set!
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
Just a quick suggestion, I found this today. Remember to turn it ON, I didn't, just had a customer prodding me in the head while I was telling him to concentrate while I was secretly adjusting my position, then I realised. Something that's cool about it is you can easily style it out if it fails and just act like you received what they were 'sending you' that's still a strong effect right there. His reaction proved that because I used the short card force and then put the deck down and didn't touch the deck again, so there was no way I could possibly know his card. Slowly realising that although, flashy cuts and flourishes look good, the old saying 'less is more' is quite true when it comes to magic.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
I'll be performing this as part of my effects tonight to see just what it adds.

I suspect it will be considerable. Again I work at bars I think to sell the fact that it is internal energy that makes the coins bend and objects move I will wave my hand over some tobacco on a table out in the smoking section. Lol that outta do it

I will try to remember to turn it on. After 25 years of performing professionally I could totally see myself making that mistake.

To zombies point I am not saying that hobbyists should not get this just that you will have to do actual clothing (shoes) modifications to make this work well and please please please don't just use this to go around shocking people. Use it to make another effect you do even stronger and more magical.

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 22:35, Dannicus wrote:
please please please don't just use this to go around shocking people. Use it to make another effect you do even stronger and more magical.

YES. Thanks for saying that. I think this enhances already strong magic and takes it to a higher level. PLEASE think of it that way.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 20:02, MrSlogan89 wrote:
Just a quick suggestion, I found this today. Remember to turn it ON, I didn't, just had a customer prodding me in the head while I was telling him to concentrate while I was secretly adjusting my position, then I realised. Something that's cool about it is you can easily style it out if it fails and just act like you received what they were 'sending you' that's still a strong effect right there. His reaction proved that because I used the short card force and then put the deck down and didn't touch the deck again, so there was no way I could possibly know his card. Slowly realising that although, flashy cuts and flourishes look good, the old saying 'less is more' is quite true when it comes to magic.

I just had to laugh at the image of a spectator repeatedly pokin you in the forehead while you shuffle your feet around. Yep that could totally happen to me. I'd have a hard time not breaking into laughter. You could always say something like "well that didn't work...try poking me in the eye" lol.

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3268 Posts

Profile of takeachance
How large is the unit and how easy is it to wear.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 22:59, takeachance wrote:
How large is the unit and how easy is it to wear.

About 6x2 and about 3/4 inches thick. it is not heavy and not in your way at all..I hardly know it's there.

Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Mine arrived today and it is much stronger than the original. Same hookup but the temporary hookup was shocking the crap out of me on the second floor of my house. I had it on low setting. The first time, I was incredibly stupid. I turned it on and had it laying on the table, brought the magnet close to the reed switch and POW! There was an actual arc. Made my fingernail go numb. The second time, I was the god of water control and accidentally touched the water! POW! This is on low. The metal hook part is also reinforced. Seems very sturdy.

The routines and ideas are great. The invisible deck idea is killer. I will try that when I hit the streets!
I love this thing.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2311 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I have been playing with this the last day and have it working no problem at all.

The set up was quite easy to do for me it took last than 5 minutes to do the onetime work required. If you are not handy then it's not hard to get it done by someone for you.

I was surprised how strong the shock is it really does give a nice kick.

I never saw or had the first version but this does what it says on the tin, well it's a box and it has nothing written on it but the name but you know what I mean.

We have a good price with free delivery in the UK and EU here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/e......ika.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 02:59, Xiqual wrote:
Mine arrived today and it is much stronger than the original. Same hookup but the temporary hookup was shocking the crap out of me on the second floor of my house. I had it on low setting. The first time, I was incredibly stupid. I turned it on and had it laying on the table, brought the magnet close to the reed switch and POW! There was an actual arc. Made my fingernail go numb. The second time, I was the god of water control and accidentally touched the water! POW! This is on low. The metal hook part is also reinforced. Seems very sturdy.

The routines and ideas are great. The invisible deck idea is killer. I will try that when I hit the streets!
I love this thing.
James

I shocked myself in both these ways to. This sucker will curl your hair on the high setting! fun as hell though.

djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Sorry for all the novice questions, but I've never owned the original ET but I'm planning on getting the ET+. Can someone tell me what kind of batteries it uses? Is it GP23A? How many? Are batteries included in the package? How long will the batteries last? I guess it depends on how much you use the effect, but if you use it to bend water and "move" sand/salt I guess it will drain the batteries pretty quick? How about the different setups? The pro setup seems to be kind of hard? I guess it involves making some major modifications to your shoe(s)? Are some shoes easier to modify than others? I'm thinking of modifying some old sneakers for this. What are the disadvantages of the temporary setup? Will it brake more easily, is it easier to spot the gimmick? Any other disadvantages? Lots of questions, hope you can answer at least a few of them. Thanks!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 03:54, djefvulen wrote:
Sorry for all the novice questions, but I've never owned the original ET but I'm planning on getting the ET+. Can someone tell me what kind of batteries it uses? Is it GP23A? How many? Are batteries included in the package? How long will the batteries last? I guess it depends on how much you use the effect, but if you use it to bend water and "move" sand/salt I guess it will drain the batteries pretty quick? How about the different setups? The pro setup seems to be kind of hard? I guess it involves making some major modifications to your shoe(s)? Are some shoes easier to modify than others? I'm thinking of modifying some old sneakers for this. What are the disadvantages of the temporary setup? Will it brake more easily, is it easier to spot the gimmick? Any other disadvantages? Lots of questions, hope you can answer at least a few of them. Thanks!

I'll try to answer some.

Temp setup: this is meant just to try it out in your home. Not for leaving the home. So, out of the box, you can see what it does.

Comes with 4 batteries. Duracell or Energizer 12V, 23A's. FAQ page says they're good for 200 performances ( with just the touching ). Not sure about the water and other effects.

Pro set up is easy. Just a small modification is needed. Best to go to a shoe maker and have it done right. The shoes can still be worn without the unit and no one ( or you ) will notice.

Sport shoes/sneakers are easier to do.

Hope that helps.

4 bat
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
We magicians! Just too impatient. I think touching the water was the worst. Super hard shock!

I have an idea for tomorrow. I am going to use my pocket ouija impression board and get a name of a famous dead person, peek it, then ask the participant to channel the power of that person. Do some breathing, be really serious. Have them touch my head but tell them to leave their finger there, keep in contact. As soon as they touch me and the shock goes off, I will go stiff and make my eyes go up into my head, then fall down on the ground like I passed out. When I get up I'll reveal the name!! Should be good for a huge reaction. LOL!
James

Quote:
On 2013-04-19 03:32, Dannicus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 02:59, Xiqual wrote:

I love this thing.
James

I shocked myself in both these ways to. This sucker will curl your hair on the high setting! fun as hell though.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3268 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Many thanks Dannicus for answering my question and all the others keeping us informed if this is for us. Sounding very tempting.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 04:05, Zombie Magic wrote:
I'll try to answer some.

Temp setup: this is meant just to try it out in your home. Not for leaving the home. So, out of the box, you can see what it does.

Comes with 4 batteries. Duracell or Energizer 12V, 23A's. FAQ page says they're good for 200 performances ( with just the touching ). Not sure about the water and other effects.

Pro set up is easy. Just a small modification is needed. Best to go to a shoe maker and have it done right. The shoes can still be worn without the unit and no one ( or you ) will notice.

Sport shoes/sneakers are easier to do.

Hope that helps.

4 bat

Thank you, very helpful! Another question, if you activate the switch and charge your body, will the body keep the charge for a while? What I mean is, can you charge yourself (do the "secret move") in advance and then deliver the "zap" without the gimmick being in an "active state"?
MrSlogan89
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of MrSlogan89
[/quote]
Thank you, very helpful! Another question, if you activate the switch and charge your body, will the body keep the charge for a while? What I mean is, can you charge yourself (do the "secret move") in advance and then deliver the "zap" without the gimmick being in an "active state"?
[/quote]

Although I have experienced a tiney shock after deactivating the device, I wouldn't bank on that happening, you're earthed so when it's deactivated all your static just goes to the floor. But as I said I have received a shock off the tap when I've gone to turn it off even though I've deactivated it but I was standing on pauceline (I don't know if that makes a difference).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL