The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22~23~24 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Since we have diverted a bit form Static Charge effect (i.e. ET) to PK Touches, I will suggest one more tried and tested alternative to Static Shock. This is meant for those who are uncomfortable with ET.

If one makes use of the cheap Chinese version of Ultracines, you will not only be doing the various Ultracines effects but can also send/ transfer a strong sensation through your finger tip to that of the spectator’s finger. The moment your finger touches the unsuspecting spectator’s finger, he will get a reasonably strong sensation passing through his fingers and will react strongly by moving his hand away with jerk. This is a tried and tested method and I suggest one give it a try.

Enjoy! Smile

Back on topic please! Smile

Smile
P.S. The reason I am suggesting the use of Chinese knock-off version of Ultracines is that the prop has much stronger and powerful vibes than the original Ultreacines.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 17:28, rasmus wrote:

For a good Funkenring, the Original, you have to pay around 26.00 US Dollars. This (Original) Funkenring made in Germany
will last for Years and is worth every single Cent. The cheap Chines Copies will break after a Few Times.

The Original Funkenring is available here: http://www.zauberzentrale.de/shop/Comedy......and.html

That's the one. I recommend it highly as well. It's far superior to the plastic versions which are junk, yes.

DD
russpie
View Profile
New user
2 steps ahead
34 Posts

Profile of russpie
Quote:
On 2013-04-17 10:14, drstevemagic wrote:
futilitarian.

Hardly, I'm not a negative person I just find it amusing that all it takes is a bit of marketing to re-release what is essentially the same thing which many many people had problems with the first time around. One person has already given it 1 oout of 10 on a review. My views are based on having bought it & watched the whole thing play out 6 years ago. drstevemagic can youtell me your experiences of the original? Maybe you were doing something which we were not.
"Tragically I was an only twin"
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
245 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-27 17:00, russpie wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-17 10:14, drstevemagic wrote:
futilitarian.

Hardly, I'm not a negative person I just find it amusing that all it takes is a bit of marketing to re-release what is essentially the same thing which many many people had problems with the first time around. One person has already given it 1 oout of 10 on a review. My views are based on having bought it & watched the whole thing play out 6 years ago. drstevemagic can youtell me your experiences of the original? Maybe you were doing something which we were not.

There you go again!! On pages 9 & 10 of this thread there are several very positive reviews of ET+ including 2 very well respected reviewers, Zombie Magic and Xiqual as well as Dannicus. But what you choose to repeat in your post is an out of context comment from Artin where he supposedly gives it a 1 out 10 review. What he actually said was this:

"Will I keep ET+? Yes I will but as a back-up for my ET. I love the effect and the possibility to underline existing routines.
But it was not necessary to buy it as I cn see no big differences or improvements.
It does not look or feel more reliable. Neither the mechanics (visible components) nor in performance (strength, reliability).

I can give the concept of ET 10 of 10 points.
When it comes to appraise ET+ as a better and improved unit I just can give 1 of 10 points as it may dissapoint people who already own ET. "

He loves the effect( 10 of 10 ); he loves the concept and uses it successfully to augment his other routines. Granted he doesn't think ET+ is necessary for those who already own ET and his 1 of 10 is directed solely for that population.

So therefore, either you ARE a negative person and have chosen your references purposely to support your jaded views or you just have very poor reading comprehension skills.
mentalran
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of mentalran
Went out acouple of days ago and tried it! I was revealing names and it went just fantastic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT1KZO1BFvQ
allthough its in hebrew. you can still see the reactions
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-04-28 10:04, mentalran wrote:
Went out acouple of days ago and tried it! I was revealing names and it went just fantastic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT1KZO1BFvQ
allthough its in hebrew. you can still see the reactions

I don't have to speak Hebrew to get how talented you are. If I had your charisma, I would film videos also. You nailed what using ET+ is about.

:applause: Smile Smile
russpie
View Profile
New user
2 steps ahead
34 Posts

Profile of russpie
Quote:
On 2013-04-27 21:44, drstevemagic wrote:
you just have very poor reading comprehension skills.
Correct, I chose to focus on the negative, just as you chose to sidestep my question about your experiences with ET. One thing forums are used for is to give a place to put forward opinions & experiences on effects & gimmicks which people can use to form their own idea on whether something is right for them to buy. This is quite an expensive gimmick & it seems to be something which does not justify an 'upgraded' re-release as has been commented on very well in a review. Sadly forums are also a place for some to get angry with others & try to provoke a reaction with personal assumptions & name calling which I will not get drawn into. Shall we get back on topic now? I'll ask again, can you share your experiences with ET?
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
245 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-28 16:31, russpie wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-27 21:44, drstevemagic wrote:
you just have very poor reading comprehension skills.
Correct, I chose to focus on the negative, just as you chose to sidestep my question about your experiences with ET. One thing forums are used for is to give a place to put forward opinions & experiences on effects & gimmicks which people can use to form their own idea on whether something is right for them to buy. This is quite an expensive gimmick & it seems to be something which does not justify an 'upgraded' re-release as has been commented on very well in a review. Sadly forums are also a place for some to get angry with others & try to provoke a reaction with personal assumptions & name calling which I will not get drawn into. Shall we get back on topic now? I'll ask again, can you share your experiences with ET?

OK, so now you're quoting me out of context but guess what?
I've had an epiphany and have decided to sell my ET+ and will replace it with a case of Joy Buzzers. Thank you for opening my eyes.
mentalran
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of mentalran
Thank you zombie magic
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
OK I have posted a few positive reviews for this and I have used it for several shows now and to be completely fair and honest I need to report a few issues that I have run up against.

Floors do seem to make a big difference in how the item performs. Outside on the street or concrete it really works better. Additionally I have found that if I get sweaty the unit slides down further on my leg and does not seem to make as good of contact. At one show there were electric shocks running through my ankles when I brought my heels together. Additionally, as of the last show, I could not seem to get the light to light up on the unit or get power. I figure one of two things.... Either the batteries are nearly dead (which would be unfortunate after only 1 hour of performance on a new set approxamately 4 shocks) or the switch in the heel is malfunctioning. The batteries are not too common, so it is possible that I purchased some batteries that had been sitting on the shelf a while. I will be trouble shooting today.

To combat the shocking across my ankles, I did add some rubber gel inserts to my shoes and it did seem to help but I did not get enough tries with the unit to be certain. The effect and what it adds to my mentalism and PK effects is strong enough that I will put in the necessary troubleshooting and work to try to resolve the issues. If the switch is bad already then I plan on returning the unit or trying to have it repaired. One thing is for certain - for me at least - It has to be reliable no matter how strong the effect, or I will not use it. I am still hopeful however that I can make it so.

As of now I have had it work very well on a few occasion and poorly or not at all on a couple of others. I will keep you posted with my progress. For $200 if I find out that it is not user error or batteries then I will be looking for either Penguin or Mesika to rectify a faulty unit. Not a refund but a replacement as the effect is truly remarkable.

In service to my magical brothers
Dannicus
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
UPDATE, regarding troubleshooting.....

I checked the batteries with a battery tester and they are fully charged. Even by holding the magnet directly up to the switch and following the troubleshooting in the instructions I can barely get the lite to light up and cannot get a spark. I think I may have received a faulty unit. Next step is to contact Penguin. The problem is that I have the grounding plate firmly mounted to the bottom of my shoe with contact cement so I will not be able to return that part. I will keep you posted........

rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1011 Posts

Profile of rasp
Dannicus........ nothing unusual there, you are only experiencing the same problems myself and others had with the original ET.

If you decide you need a replacement or a refund from Mesika, only two words spring to mind.........

GOOD LUCK!!!
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Well,
I am hoping Penguin will take care of me since I bought it less than 2 weeks ago and it is obviously faulty. All I want is an exchange and I do a LOT of business with them so we will see. Like I said, I love the effect when it works so I am hopeful that it will all work out.

russpie
View Profile
New user
2 steps ahead
34 Posts

Profile of russpie
Regarding the ankle shocks it might be worth trying to fit some pieces from a rubber insole to where your shoe meets your ankle, it should insulate & protect. If the unit is not being activated when you hold the magnet on the switch then I'd assume it's faulty. If you're still having problems after a replacement then I'd suggest asking drstevemagic.
richi
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of richi
I buy ET in the pre-order time, and I still waiting for this.
I live in Chile, so the post service is like a tourtle
Will using the Electric Touch with Sixth sense 2.5 (in my case) create a problem?
Will SS be electrocuted? The SS is rubber cover, so I think that SS is insolated, but I am not electric expert and it's a lot of money to lose.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Just for the record, I love Penguin. I sent them and email detailing the problem I am having and the troubleshooting steps I have taken to resolve the issue. The promptly issued a Fedex shipping label and informed me that the replacement will be arriving shortly with my return. This is only the secont time I have had to do a replacement or refund in years but I personally find that these guys have stellar customer service.

While I am bummed with the faulty unit, I am very pleased with Penguin and the excellent customer service and support they provide. I will let you all know how the replacement unit functions.

Dan

djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Got my ET+ today. I read the instructions but haven't watched the DVD yet. The pro setup seems pretty simple on sneakers. I thought it would be harder. The written instructions doesn't mention anything about if it's ok to put the "plate" a little deeper into the shoe or if it has to be in line with the bottom. I guess it needs good grounding, but doesn't the shoes make very loud noises when walking (I'm thinking of using it at work where there are lots of clinker tiles). Maybe you should put a piece of metal on the other shoe too, to make the noise more... consistent... or something? Btw, does it even work on clinker tiles?

I tried the unit to see if it was working, what a spark! Honestly I'm feeling a little scared of trying it out... Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-05-02 12:32, djefvulen wrote:

....I tried the unit to see if it was working, what a spark! Honestly I'm feeling a little scared of trying it out... Smile

lol. I did the test when I got it and my wife thought my laptop shorted out. But, when you hook it up, it won't do that in performance.

I'm taking mine out today to the park for our walk. I have a routine I want to try out.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2013-05-02 12:32, djefvulen wrote:

* Got my ET+ today.

* I guess it needs good grounding, but doesn't the shoes make very loud noises when walking (I'm thinking of using it at work where there are lots of clinker tiles). Maybe you should put a piece of metal on the other shoe too, to make the noise more... consistent... or something?

LOL. There are other POSSIBLE better options than that. Smile

Though I have not given it a try but THIS seems to be one good option. You might even get rid of cutting and modifying the heel of your shoe by simply gluing the material on both the heels thus giving a much better and foolproof grounding while your heels stays level.

Just a thought as usual. Smile

Happy experimenting! Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Ustaad, once again, as a beginner, I learn new things from you. I had no idea what Ultracines or
PK touches were until you mentioned them.

Thankyou for your post. I am going to start thinking of you as: "Ustaad University". Smile

Dannicus, Zombie and djefvulen,

Thankyou so much for present and upcoming reviews. I so hope this effect is somewhat consistent because
it lends itself to so many presentations if it is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.5 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL