The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..22~23~24 [Next]
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
It will not be pretty

James

Quote:
On 2013-03-13 19:15, 1908 wrote:

LOL! Try not to use it then when in the showers! Xiqual you said I can not use it while in toilet, what happens if I use it while I am trying to have a baby??? Smile

Still with the Chinese circus Smile
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Xiqual, very nice!!! Some people here are so miserable, no humour at all! Smile
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Oscar Zaldivar
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Oscar Zaldivar
I have one, an I can say this is an enhancer for my magic, this makes the moment get better, I also want to see what is new on this
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3284 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I really luv the concept of this from when it was first released, but it has sat in a storage box somewhere. Not practical to wear for long periods of time. The fact that this models shock level can be adjusted is a plus.
However, I would certainly need to know more about it size and set up before spending the money again. Are there other improvements? has it changed significantly over the first released version? Basically, what has changed?
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
It may be more practical if Mr Mesika just integrated it directly into my junk drawer with his other products.

DD

Quote:
On 2013-03-13 07:02, 8a22a wrote:
It would be more practical if it was integrated into a sock. Smile
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
I will say this again...

It's an electrostatic shock. The kind of shocks that happen a billion times a day.
The shock you get from getting out of your car and touching metal.
The same shock you did as a kid with carpet and socked feet.
The same electricity that's firing all throughout your body right now.
The same shock that you get every single day, all day long, when you live in a place like Denver.

If electrostatic could send people into epileptic fits, or destroy iphones, then there would be people flopping on the ground all over the world with broken phones.

All right, that's all I am going to say.
Now you can go back to your arguing and you can tell me how wrong I am.
But note this... and you don't have to reply, I won't see it, I am done with this thread.
Just ask yourself this question....
What is the definition of electricity? Define electricity.
You know, that stuff that you use every single second of your life, and is life... define it.. to yourself.
If you can't... go look it up and educate yourself instead of falling for the trap that is the magic Café.

I know I can define electricity down to exactly what it is and how it works.

Randi
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I'm not sure how much interest there will be for this, since it had an earlier version. Magicians seem to like wallets, bending coins, floating stuff and smoke. I've never heard one say "if only I could shock someone".
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Randy Rain is totally Right. Electro Static Energy is around us every single Day. It doesen't harm
anybody imo.

Besides that: If I don't feel comfortable to shock other People, I can move tobacco or small Paper
Pieces or light a Light Bulb with my Hands, looks really weird and very magical imo.

We will see soon, what the Improvements are, and I'm pretty sure that many of us will
review here very soon.

BTW: We have many Cows in Switzerland, and to prevent them to Fly away, they are surrounded from a electric metal
Wire, that hurts a lot more then the small Shock with Electric Touch.

And the same Effect with the Electric Tennis Rackets, that Ustaad posted for us. Millions of People use them every Day without any Risk for their Health.

Just my 5 Swissfrancs
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1011 Posts

Profile of rasp
Randirain........ at last someone on here with an ounce of common sense!!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Tha Ad says - "All of our products come with a 3-month satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied, you are eligible for a full refund."

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-13 21:42, rasmus wrote:
I can move tobacco or small Paper Pieces or light a Light Bulb with my Hands, looks really weird and very magical imo.

That would make me want to get this. I'm not into the shocking part, but "moving" items seems something that a very mystical person could do.

Rasmus, if you end up getting this, it would be GREAT if you could review and maybe show you doing a PK like effect in one of your venues. That would be a treat for everyone and show them how this works/plays in the REAL world!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6804 Posts

Profile of bowers
I had the original one.And to be honest it just
wasn't that magical to me.Moving bits of paper
to a spectator just looked like you had a static
charge from my rubbing your feet on carpet.and the bending
of a small stream of water from a faucet.how many times do
you have a spectator close to a faucet?Just my honest opinion.
The price was too steep for this.Maybe something new has been added.
Todd
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I'm going to keep an open mind about it because I'm thinking of some routines that would be enhanced by this.

Sorry to say, I'm going to have to wait for others to get it and read some reviews. I know $200 is important money, so thank you in advance for anyone that moves forward.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
There's a difference between the shock of carpet + socked feet and the shock of a taser, even though both are electroshocks. Some are harmless, some can be deadly; I think the point is, you never know how it will affect someone even if used as directed.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
A taser has a huge capacitor that amps up the voltage. It also uses a different type of application that sends the shock in bursts to mimic the nervous system. ET uses static electricity.Your comparison is kind of like saying "a matchbox car and a real car are both cars, if they run you over they will damage you."

James

Quote:
On 2013-03-13 22:43, bekralik wrote:
There's a difference between the shock of carpet + socked feet and the shock of a taser, even though both are electroshocks. Some are harmless, some can be deadly; I think the point is, you never know how it will affect someone even if used as directed.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Not really, James. The comparison you gave was ludicrous, so no, I wouldn't ever have said that.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Comparing ET to a taser was also ludicrous. They work on totally different systems and deliver completely different types of electricity.

James

Quote:
On 2013-03-14 00:25, bekralik wrote:
Not really, James. The comparison you gave was ludicrous, so no, I wouldn't ever have said that.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
It's silly to think that a strong static shock couldn't hurt an iphone. I knew I should have asked Google instead.

http://www.ehmac.ca/all-ios-iphone-ipad-......ity.html

DD
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I don't think you touching them and causing the shock is good. Having them touching your forehead would be a better way to go.

Have them peek a card, put the deck away. They touch their forehead, concentrating on the card. Then they touch your forehead and bzzzzzzzzz....and you name the card.

OK, I'm very interested in this now ( I may not have chops, but I'm VERY good at developing routines ).

Only one small glitch..I'm BROKE! lol.

It doesn't come out for a month, so I have plenty of time to collect bottles!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Penguin has it on pre-order ( $199.95 ), but you get a free copy of Yigal's Animated Miracles ( I have it, it's an excellent booklet ).

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3399

The ad says "Adjustable electrostatic output". That would be very helpful for using it on the audience ( there are NO spectators;-). Moving salt, tobacco, etc. can use a higher charge. For the audience if they can just get a light charge, that would be better than a higher level shock.

What about if they held a spoon or fork between their palms, they get the charge and then open their hands and it's bent? That would be freaky for them.

Anyone that has the first version, can you do it through their clothes, like touching their shoulder?

If anyone picks this up, I'd be very interested in the adjustable output part of it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL