The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24 [Next]
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
He's living it up in Malibu.

Not.
nicolasgalat
View Profile
New user
Colombia
2 Posts

Profile of nicolasgalat
Hi I´m Nicolas Galat and I just bought my Electric Touch+
I just worked a bit with it and I think there is something strange on my ET. When I make contact between the feets the thing starts BUZZING and the light turns blue? Does anyone knows what does that mean? Also sometimes I feel an electric shok on mi left feet. Dos anyone knows why this is happening and if its normal? Thankyou
BTW, Im using the temporary way to do that
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
So far I'm loving it. I don't get strong electric shocks all the time though, not sure why, but I'm not usually using it to shock people. It's a great tool. I think I'm not insulated enough, going to try insoles...
Belief Manifests Reality.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014859756312
Palm Star Zodiac Divination System: https://palmstarzodiac.blogspot.com/
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
I'm interested in getting this, but wear many different kinds of shoe when performing (smart shoes, sneakers, boots, cooler summer shoes, etc.). So my question is: can the ET+ be used with just the temporary set up, or is it necessary to eventually use the professional setup?

Rich
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Practicality may become an issue if you just want to use the ET+ with the temp setup. It makes walking around with it on a bit more difficult (especially if your doing so for a long time).

That said, it is doable, doing strictly temp, but ultimately, your going to prefer the practicality of the pro set up.
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Thank you. Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
If you just buy a pair of shoes specifically for ET, you can set it up yourself with a sharp craft knife. Embedding the gimmick in the shoe sole really helps the power of the ET.
I did a pair of tennis shoes in less than 40 minutes.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
dunraven
View Profile
New user
Austin, TX
91 Posts

Profile of dunraven
I just bought one and immediately returned it. Like several of the posts I've read on this forum, mine was BUZZING like crazy every time it was activated and started shocking my left leg. No way this is how it is supposed to work. I reviewed setup, online videos, tried different shoes, etc. Clearly mine was defective. I mean, the buzzing was so loud that if I had done the trick for anyone it would have been obvious something was on my leg.

So it appears that getting a defective unit is not that rare, as I have seen several posts. But nobody seems to ever answer the post. Hope this helps. If you get a unit that loudly buzzes like crazy and shocks your leg, SEND IT BACK!
dunraven
View Profile
New user
Austin, TX
91 Posts

Profile of dunraven
For anyone who has one that works: can you confirm whether it is completely silent when you activate it?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1433 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I have one of the 1st ones & it was silent for a few times I used it, but 4th time it started that loud buzzing & started zapping my leg. I opened it up to inspect it & found the 2 main wires inside shorting out against each other.
Seems like a fault in the design & build.....

If it had worked as it should without this glich, it has its possibilities of different uses, or at least it would have for me. I feel Mesika should be replacing all these as they seem to have a common fault in the overall design.......
magicsachin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
127 Posts

Profile of magicsachin
When I do stage shows I get distracted due to the ' unexpected' shocks on my leg.....I don't know is there any fault with my ET+ ..
Thank You Smile
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
Could be the set up. When your shoes get too close with each other.. Happened to me before.
mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
Hey Guys.. Is there a message board somewhere else where people discuss other possibilities with the E.T.? I discovered today that you can make a big piece of thin foil move away or towards your hand on a table. I have sent a video to Yigal to show what I did with it. https://vimeo.com/229966823 password is 1234. ciao!
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Philippe
P.E.T.S. Allows you to adapt any shoe for ET in about a minute. All your shoes can be made ready to take ET for any occasion.
Howser
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Howser
I combined an inject 2.0 effect with electric touch for the reveal. I did this to a female colleague a few months back and up to this day she's convinced that because of me, she now get's frequent electric shocks. she doesn't believe me that there is no correlation and even my buddy (who knows the secret) couldn't persuade her that it's just coincidental.. Smile
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2595 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2018, Howser wrote:
I combined an inject 2.0 effect with electric touch for the reveal. I did this to a female colleague a few months back and up to this day she's convinced that because of me, she now get's frequent electric shocks. she doesn't believe me that there is no correlation and even my buddy (who knows the secret) couldn't persuade her that it's just coincidental.. Smile

WOW!!

That's awesome. I wish I could see you perform.

Greg
vinski
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of vinski
I have a quick question about ET. Really nothing specifically related to the thing itself, but an overall question that I thought would be better to ask from somebody who knows about the thing and electricity rather than just somebody who knows about electricity. Anyway to the point.

On the instructions paper there is the the warning section that says: "Do not shock anyone who is touching anything that is metallic and grounded, like a gate or a microphone." Just out of curiosity can somebody explain why is this or what happens when you do?

Thanks!
magusofpower
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
13 Posts

Profile of magusofpower
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2018, vinski wrote:
I have a quick question about ET. Really nothing specifically related to the thing itself, but an overall question that I thought would be better to ask from somebody who knows about the thing and electricity rather than just somebody who knows about electricity. Anyway to the point.

On the instructions paper there is the the warning section that says: "Do not shock anyone who is touching anything that is metallic and grounded, like a gate or a microphone." Just out of curiosity can somebody explain why is this or what happens when you do?

Thanks!

If the spectator is touching a grounded metal object, it is possible for the current to travel through their vital organs as it passes from the part of their body you contacted (likely their hand or arm), through the core of their body (chest), as it makes its way to the part of their body contacting the grounded object. Electricity needs a difference of potential in order to flow as current. While I would imagine ET provides a lot of voltage, it is pushing a very small amperage as voltage and current are inversely proportionate therefore it should be pretty safe if used as directed. The spectator will most always be grounded but if they are touching a grounded metal object, the difference in potential could be higher, leading to an increase in the effect of the shock. Along with the possible increased current flow, as previously mentioned, the current could be directed through the vital organs as well. Hope this helps some. Good luck!
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
Could someone be kind enough to tell me the dimensions of the ET+? How big a box am I going to be strapping to my leg?
"You're a mentalist!"
drstrangelove
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of drstrangelove
Anyone with even the basic soldering skills can make your own version for under 20 bucks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL