The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..22~23~24 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 06:59, ArtIn wrote:

* I can give the concept of ET 10 of 10 points.

* When it comes to appraise ET+ as a better and improved unit I just can give 1 of 10 points as it may dissapoint people who already own ET.


Thank you for an honest review.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Later this a.m. I'm helping my cousin at her crafts booth, so I'll be using the Electric Touch+ with some routine ideas I worked out with light bulbs, etc. and want to give them a go. I'll post later about it.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Cant wait zombie mine came today just makeing the shoes up now
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Today, this gobsmacked people. Just using a peek and then reveal with the ET+. Not once did someone ask to see something else ( but some did ask for me to repeat it ). The static charge worked every single time. I didn't do a count, but I'd say 25-30 times over a few hours time. Any other day I would just use it once or twice. The product FAQ page says the batteries are good for about 200 uses.

I kept it simple. I had them peek a card, touch their forehead while thinking of the card and then touch mine. I tried both touching fingers and touching the forehead and prefer the later. I think it was stronger.

One tip I learned is to not do the reveal right after the touch. They were too surprised by what happened for them to even hear what I said and I had to repeat it. Do the touch, let them process it, then concentrate on the thought sent and do the reveal.

What I did not anticipate was people asking to have it done again or some of the same people coming back later and asking me to do it again. So it has a similar impact that a floating bill has. Once people see the bill float, they really aren't interested in an ace assembly. lol.

kieronthemighty, I'd be very interested hearing your experiences in your professional work.

Anyway, BIG thumbs up on this.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
So I used this in shows this weekend.

The effect is awesome and really sells some of my PK and mental effects. Zombie is right in that this is really memorable for people and they want it repeated especially with their friends.

I did run into a few issues. It does work stronger on some flooring surfaces than others. I mounted the unit in some brand new tennis shoes. At some point in the evening I started getting repeated shocks to my ankle where the unit is mounted. I suspect that either the new shoe insoles began to break down, our my socks began getting damp with sweat causing an arc to ground. I'm going to try some gel insert insoles to see if that fixes the issue.

The effect is well worth the time to fiddle around with it to make it work reliably.... you should see what happens when I hand them back their signed bent coin and tell them to be careful because there might still be a bit of psychic charge in it. It is strong enough that I am committed to making sure I keep it in my show.

Dan
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3284 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Has anyone bought the additional extra's package. I was wondering if it was worth it. It is only $20 and may be a cleaner alternative to mounting the unit. ????
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-04-23 05:06, takeachance wrote:
Has anyone bought the additional extra's package. I was wondering if it was worth it. It is only $20 and may be a cleaner alternative to mounting the unit. ????

I thought it just contained some extras to do the pro setup on another pair of sh**s. Then again, I don't have the ET+ yet so I'm not exactly sure what kind of equipment is needed for the modification.
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Anyone can enlighten me with what problems would I face in a tropical country where humidity is quite high. Thanks!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2354 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2013-04-23 06:32, djefvulen wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-23 05:06, takeachance wrote:
Has anyone bought the additional extra's package. I was wondering if it was worth it. It is only $20 and may be a cleaner alternative to mounting the unit. ????

I thought it just contained some extras to do the pro setup on another pair of sh**s. Then again, I don't have the ET+ yet so I'm not exactly sure what kind of equipment is needed for the modification.


You are quite right the pack does not contain the main gimmick just whats needed to do another pair of shoes.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I live in Taiwan. Yesterday it was 85% humidity. No problem shocking the crap out of myself!!
James


Quote:
On 2013-04-23 09:32, piyuyu wrote:
Anyone can enlighten me with what problems would I face in a tropical country where humidity is quite high. Thanks!
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Which other routines do you use with ET/ET+? I'm going to order ET+ and was thinking of adding something more to my order. I'm thinking of Haunted 2, Tarantula or maybe Movemint (a bit expensive). I'm not a pro, but love magic Smile. Any suggestions of a "simple" routine which really works well with ET/ET+?
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 05:21, djefvulen wrote:
Which other routines do you use with ET/ET+? I'm going to order ET+ and was thinking of adding something more to my order. I'm thinking of Haunted 2, Tarantula or maybe Movemint (a bit expensive). I'm not a pro, but love magic Smile. Any suggestions of a "simple" routine which really works well with ET/ET+?


Why a "simple" routine?

If you're willing to destroy clothing and walk around with expensive electronics hooked up to you just to give someone a static shock... you can do better than "simple" on the routine can't you?

If you want simple you should just drag your feet on the carpet. You will get exactly the same effect as ET Smile

Here is a suggestion though for a good routine that I actually used to do with it. Sponge balls to pocket. Vanish the balls and let the spectator find them in your pocket. You zap her hand when she reaches in. She will be surprised. Ask if your balls shocked her and she will say yes.

I used to do this myself until I got a burn on my unit. If the new unit has a better finish that is a plus.


DD
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 05:58, Don Dasher wrote:
Why a "simple" routine?

If you're willing to destroy clothing and walk around with expensive electronics hooked up to you just to give someone a static shock... you can do better than "simple" on the routine can't you?

If you want simple you should just drag your feet on the carpet. You will get exactly the same effect as ET Smile

Here is a suggestion though for a good routine that I actually used to do with it. Sponge balls to pocket. Vanish the balls and let the spectator find them in your pocket. You zap her hand when she reaches in. She will be surprised. Ask if your balls shocked her and she will say yes.

I used to do this myself until I got a burn on my unit. If the new unit has a better finish that is a plus.


DD

Simple because I don't just want to go around and give people shocks, that's not magic. Something simple to start with, I'm really eager to try it out, but using ET+ on its own seems a bit boring Smile. And simple because I'm not a pro, not even advanced, and the few routines I know well won't work well with the ET. I'm looking for something new to learn, maybe not simple, but not too advanced either, that works well with the ET. Maybe it's time to learn some sponge ball-magic then Smile.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10459 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thanks for the reviews - I personally have zero interest in this.

PK Touches seems far more magical - I hate getting shocked anyway.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 10:09, saysold1 wrote:
Thanks for the reviews - I personally have zero interest in this.

PK Touches seems far more magical - I hate getting shocked anyway.


You're right about the PK Touch, much more magical.

The Funken Ring is reliable, throws a more visible spark and gets a stronger reaction overall.

If I had to weigh the reaction against the practicality of the gimmick, Funken Ring wins hands down. I'm not joking in the least. I have a good Funken Ring, it blows sparks that EVERYONE can see. And it makes a nice ZZZZZAP noise too.

If you don't believe me, you've never seen a Funken Ring used properly. It beats Electric Touch by a long shot.

And they cost about $10. I'd rather have one of these in my glove box and one in my desk than an Electric Touch wired up through my clothing.

Craig and Dave should take The Funken Ring and Electric Touch out into the field, head to head. I GUARANTEE you Funken Ring wins by a landslide.


DD
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 17:07, Don Dasher wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 10:09, saysold1 wrote:
Thanks for the reviews - I personally have zero interest in this.

PK Touches seems far more magical - I hate getting shocked anyway.


You're right about the PK Touch, much more magical.

The Funken Ring is reliable, throws a more visible spark and gets a stronger reaction overall.

If I had to weigh the reaction against the practicality of the gimmick, Funken Ring wins hands down. I'm not joking in the least. I have a good Funken Ring, it blows sparks that EVERYONE can see. And it makes a nice ZZZZZAP noise too.

If you don't believe me, you've never seen a Funken Ring used properly. It beats Electric Touch by a long shot.

And they cost about $10. I'd rather have one of these in my glove box and one in my desk than an Electric Touch wired up through my clothing.

Craig and Dave should take The Funken Ring and Electric Touch out into the field, head to head. I GUARANTEE you Funken Ring wins by a landslide.


DD



I agree with Don about the Funkenring. Top Product that gets huge Reactions. I combine it with Metal Bending Stuff
and when the Spectator touches the Bent Coin or Silverware, they will be shocked because of the Funkenring.

But I also want to mention, that ET+ and Funkenring can't be really compared. ET+ gives you much more Possibilities
and there is nothing to be ditched, sleeved or Toppitted. Clean from Start to End. Wit ET+ you can also move Tea Leaves,
Tobacco, small Paperpieces etc.

For a good Funkenring, the Original, you have to pay around 26.00 US Dollars. This (Original) Funkenring made in Germany
will last for Years and is worth every single Cent. The cheap Chines Copies will break after a Few Times.

The Original Funkenring is available here: http://www.zauberzentrale.de/shop/Comedy......and.html
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)



Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I like my Dan Sylvester's Makin' Sparks over a traditional Funkinring ( don't get the $10 cheap ones ). But that's a visual gag, where as the ET+ is a device to use for mentalism ( that's the way I've been using it). It's apples and oranges comparing it with a Funkinring.

If money is an issue and you still want to amaze people, just carry/use sponge balls/rabbits. Heba knew!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 17:28, Zombie Magic wrote:
I like my Dan Sylvester's Makin' Sparks over a traditional Funkinring ( don't get the $10 cheap ones ). But that's a visual gag, where as the ET+ is a device to use for mentalism ( that's the way I've been using it). It's apples and oranges comparing it with a Funkinring.

If money is an issue and you still want to amaze people, just carry/use sponge balls/rabbits. Heba knew!


Or just 2 Rubberbands? Smile))
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)



Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
mndude
View Profile
Special user
723 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 10:09, saysold1 wrote:
Thanks for the reviews - I personally have zero interest in this.

PK Touches seems far more magical - I hate getting shocked anyway.


What is PK touches?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 20:35, mndude wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 10:09, saysold1 wrote:
Thanks for the reviews - I personally have zero interest in this.

PK Touches seems far more magical - I hate getting shocked anyway.


What is PK touches?


Psychokinesis. Look into Psychokinetic Touches by Banachek.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL