The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10..13..16..19..22~23~24 [Next]
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
You Sir, are a genius! Elegant and fantastic. That one small tip changes it up.
I will be buying this and using your idea, if I may?
Thank you,
James

Quote:
On 2013-03-14 01:05, Zombie Magic wrote:
I don't think you touching them and causing the shock is good. Having them touching your forehead would be a better way to go.

Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Lol Xiqual. I'm the product of a public school education!

Actually, on the trailer Yigal did have them touch his forehead. I was thinking they should touch theirs first and then yours ( sort of an aid for thought transference ).

The Zombie Genius;-)

Quote:
On 2013-03-14 03:42, Xiqual wrote:
You Sir, are a genius! Elegant and fantastic. That one small tip changes it up.
I will be buying this and using your idea, if I may?
Thank you,
James

Quote:
On 2013-03-14 01:05, Zombie Magic wrote:
I don't think you touching them and causing the shock is good. Having them touching your forehead would be a better way to go.

pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7485 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The only shock I'll be getting is if anyone actually buys this.
doktorp
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of doktorp
To me, there is only one interesting point/question. What are the improvements to the first version? Set-up? B*****y life?
It would be nice, if Yigal could answer these questions…

Patrick
Mop
View Profile
New user
Malta
2 Posts

Profile of Mop
With $200 I can easily buy 3-4 good and visual effects, so I NEED to know that the setup of the + version is more practical than the first one. Will I need to gimmick a pair of shoes and I am always stuck with that pair? If yes, then this will be very impractical for me.

Thanks for any infor anyone in the know my provide.
rodrigomc2000
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of rodrigomc2000
Quote:
On 2013-03-14 07:12, Mop wrote:
With $200 I can easily buy 3-4 good and visual effects, so I NEED to know that the setup of the + version is more practical than the first one. Will I need to gimmick a pair of shoes and I am always stuck with that pair? If yes, then this will be very impractical for me.

I agree, and just don't understand why Yigal Mesika not answer all these questions... nobody can tell us about the setup and the differences between the first version and the + version.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of learachel
Quote:
On 2013-03-14 08:10, rodrigomc2000 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-14 07:12, Mop wrote:

I agree, and just don't understand why Yigal Mesika not answer all these questions... nobody can tell us about the setup and the differences between the first version and the + version.

++++ 1 NO ANSWER, just a pre order! money money money!
Federico Soldati
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
132 Posts

Profile of Federico Soldati
I too would like to learn about the improvements compared to the first version? Set-up? B*****y life? I bought it and I used it but then then I stopped using it because of the setup.
Yigal it would be very kind and professional if you could chime into this post and give an answer to your supporters. What are you waiting for?

Freddy
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7485 Posts

Profile of pegasus
[/quote]

++++ 1 NO ANSWER, just a pre order! money money money!
[/quote]

Absolutely correct. You've hit the nail on the head. I'm just chuffed that most of us are wise to the pre ordering scam that goes on here, far too often.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2113 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I just wanted to post something that I find interesting... I have received no fewer than 3 automated emails from Yigal's company advertising this product. The email addresses that received the emails are used for customer service purposes only, never for making purchases, so I am 110% positive that they have never willingly been signed up for Yigal's email newsletter or been used to make purchases from his site.

Basically, he is finding magic-related email addresses and adding them to his newsletter without permission. At best, this is rude and immoral, and it may be illegal.

Just one reason why I will not be supporting this product.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On 2013-03-14 02:06, Zombie Magic wrote:
Penguin has it on pre-order ( $199.95 ), but you get a free copy of Yigal's Animated Miracles ( I have it, it's an excellent booklet ).

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3399

The ad says "Adjustable electrostatic output". That would be very helpful for using it on the audience ( there are NO spectators;-). Moving salt, tobacco, etc. can use a higher charge. For the audience if they can just get a light charge, that would be better than a higher level shock.

What about if they held a spoon or fork between their palms, they get the charge and then open their hands and it's bent? That would be freaky for them.

Anyone that has the first version, can you do it through their clothes, like touching their shoulder?

If anyone picks this up, I'd be very interested in the adjustable output part of it.

For $200 I can think of better ways to "Entertain" people than an overpriced effect that will last all of 10 seconds

what a sorry state the Magic world is in ,

All from someone with no customer service and once the law suits come flying will not want to know
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7485 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2013-03-14 09:53, Mercury52 wrote:
I just wanted to post something that I find interesting... I have received no fewer than 3 automated emails from Yigal's company advertising this product. The email addresses that received the emails are used for customer service purposes only, never for making purchases, so I am 110% positive that they have never willingly been signed up for Yigal's email newsletter or been used to make purchases from his site.

Basically, he is finding magic-related email addresses and adding them to his newsletter without permission. At best, this is rude and immoral, and it may be illegal.

Just one reason why I will not be supporting this product.

Kevin

Funny you should mention that Kevin as I received the same marketing Spam email from him and I've never registered before.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I was registered and received Spider Pen Pro announcements, but nothing on this. I've never ordered from him direct, so would I get dropped as a dead lead?
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1011 Posts

Profile of rasp
I also have the original, still in its box and used once!!

Today I received an email from 'Merchant Of Magic' saying they are getting the first batch of 300 units, and will have them in stock at the end of this month.

Curiosity took a hold and I decided to phone them for the details regarding the differences between the original and this latest 'plus' version.

All they could say was that the static charge was adjustable (which we all already know from the ad), and that they 'think' better quality materials have been used.

I did ask about the set up, and if it was more practical than the original, and was told that they are 95% sure that it is the same set up but again using slightly different materials.

If that turns out to be correct then I see no point in purchasing.

I am more than happy not to get drawn into all the hype of this thing again......... and my money will be staying firmly in my pocket.

Sorry Yigal, but once bitten twice shy!!
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
The first version of electric touch was technically "adjustable", too. It had a selectable high or low power switch.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5592 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2013-03-14 12:32, rasp wrote:

All they could say was that the static charge was adjustable (which we all already know from the ad), and that they 'think' better quality materials have been used.

With better quality material you also need a better and efficient circuit design.

In the first version the crux of the problem was the unreliable circuit design and functioning of the device. It lacked reliability. Also the power needed to run the contraption required 4 X A23 (12 Volt) batteries. I hope that the + version is technically better designed, efficient and uses a cheaper power source.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1092 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I owned, liked and used the original electric touch. I never had any problems with it, which might have been due to living in a hot dry climate. I used it till the copper bit broke. If this actually better/well made, then I might purchase it again. Rather than making my own.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It's doubtful Café members will give it a go. Maybe the Wizard Product Review will take it on.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Naw some like this stuff - we'll get some reviews no doubt.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Saysold just nailed it:

if there is only the difference of voltage change, it wouldn't be an improvement. the
real issues were the setup, the battery life and the reliability of the unit.

so then we have to wait for a review.

thanks again ustaad for the tips:)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10..13..16..19..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL