The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..22~23~24 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-14 14:41, saysold1 wrote:
Naw some like this stuff - we'll get some reviews no doubt.


On the Penguin site it's listed as the #1 bestseller and it's on pre-order. So in a month we should have some reviews come in. At $199, I don't think it's all causal hobby magicians are buying it.
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of dp
Looking forward to reviewing this as soon as it comes in.

Dave
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Good idea dave Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)



Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-14 16:07, dp wrote:
Looking forward to reviewing this as soon as it comes in.

Dave


THANK YOU!

I have no idea what you lads will think. We might get high praise or "it's alright, I wouldn't use it" or..the classic David Penn dead pan look at the camera after you say "you shock people"....
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
The original version worked fine for me and like people have said you can adjust the setting from high to low .The only downside at first was having to customise your shoe .Due to how if works I'm pretty sure your have to do it again for this version .
So are we gonna hear from Yigal regarding the differences between the two ???????
NOTHING on the advert has convinced me into upgrading to the new version!!
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
I still use my E.T. and it does the job for me. I get the spec to think of a card and ask if they are ok if I steal the card from their mind? That they will feel it leave you will feel it. I use my finger to their finger. It's very powerful. Like others on here I would like to know if an upgrade is worth it? Yigal what are the advantages on getting the plus? I basically use my E.T. To steal thoughts so would love to know if the plus is going to give me more?
Thanks Mike
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-14 19:25, magicmike30 wrote:
I still use my E.T. and it does the job for me. I get the spec to think of a card and ask if they are ok if I steal the card from their mind? That they will feel it leave you will feel it. I use my finger to their finger. It's very powerful. Like others on here I would like to know if an upgrade is worth it? Yigal what are the advantages on getting the plus? I basically use my E.T. To steal thoughts so would love to know if the plus is going to give me more?
Thanks Mike


magicmike30, I like the way you use this. You've had no issues with the original version?
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Mike, the ad describes the new features:


Electric Touch +
"This one works! Really, we promise!"


DD
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Don Dasher, that was funny!
johndamen
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of johndamen
To this day, ET was the single most disappointing purchase of my magic life. The mag sw***h broke 3 wks in, and its been in a box somewhere ever since. 'Improved' wont cut it for me. Completely re-worked?...maybe. Outside of that, 4 words....Fearsons Free Energy System Smile
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2013-03-13 19:15, 1908 wrote:

... what happens if I use it while I am trying to have a baby??? Smile


While you’re trying to have a baby? Wow... now THAT would indeed be a trick, especially considering the fact that you’re a male!

Quote:
On 2013-03-13 21:25, Zombie Magic wrote:
I'm not sure how much interest there will be for this, since it had an earlier version. Magicians seem to like wallets, bending coins, floating stuff and smoke. I've never heard one say "if only I could shock someone".


Amen to that. I can’t speak for everyone, but I personally HATE getting a static shock and I certainly can’t fathom the idea of doing so to another. As for the idea of raising/dancing loose tobacco, etc. it would seem quite obvious, to the spectator, that it’s nothing more than static electricity, albeit they may be a tad puzzled about the methodology that you are using. Bottom line... meh.


I have no idea what the original was, nor would I have been interested in it. But, I’m hearing numerous posts/concerns about the hook up. I had Ultracinese which I found to be a great effect, but not worth the effort what with all the wires, etc. If this is by chance in any way shape or form the same type of irritating hook up to simply elicit a static shock... forget it.


Quote:
On 2013-03-14 16:07, dp wrote:
Looking forward to reviewing this as soon as it comes in.

Dave


Looking forward to it Dave, as long as you pull it off on Craig and NOT Blammo! If you do that I’ll come after you with a cattle prod and show you what a REAL shock is! Smile

Just my 25,000 volt input (the possible output of a static charge minus the amperes Smile )
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Even if I get this down the road, I'd still use Fearson's Free Energy. It goes in your pocket and you can create some incredible moments with it. No shock, just energy they feel.
johndamen
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of johndamen
Amen Zombie.
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Now I think for sending energy thoughts "Fearson's Energy System" will dominate, but if that shock is that loud meaning no modifications made to the audio in the video that's pretty interesting to me. The main thing anybody really wants to know is if we can switch this gimmick into a new head to toe outfit in as long as it would take to change into it. If not then the same set-up wont get many great reviews. Some light and a sound wont make it practical in terms of the set-up. It's fun to make jokes, but I want to know the answer already. If the set-up is the EXACT same and you need to do all the stuff you needed to for the original, then I'm sorry to say, but this thread has gone on long enough. I'd rather produce fake smoke and send a vibrating chill up someones arm than ruin stuff for a set-up and potentially hurt someone. I don't even like getting shocked myself so why would I want to do a trick where we both get shocked? haha
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
It's built into a deck of cards so all you have to do is slip the deck under your belt against your skin and you're set up.

It's also modular. The gimmick itself can slide out and fit into optional holders, like a Red Bull can that sits right out in the open on a table. While you're holding it in contact with something grounded you're on. So there's no need for any device hidden on your person.

Those kind of improvement are innovative and will make this a particularly exciting re-release.

If that's what it is. I can't know of course, just speculating.


DD
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:

magicmike30, I like the way you use this. You've had no issues with the original version?

I had no issues at all with my E.T. It has been a work horse for me. The spectator feels the second I see the thought.
Cards are great and I will also use this with a book test or my thought transmitter;)
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
614 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
I Could never get mine to work brought four pairs of shoes love the idear for metal bending would love to hear the inprovments and if there is a new setup then I might consider buying again.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 01:39, Don Dasher wrote:
It's built into a deck of cards so all you have to do is slip the deck under your belt against your skin and you're set up.

It's also modular. The gimmick itself can slide out and fit into optional holders, like a Red Bull can that sits right out in the open on a table. While you're holding it in contact with something grounded you're on. So there's no need for any device hidden on your person.

Those kind of improvement are innovative and will make this a particularly exciting re-release.

If that's what it is. I can't know of course, just speculating.


DD


If it is anything like what that, meaning a smallish unit that can be slipt in and out of the outfit with easy, I'll be over this like a fat kid on chocolate cake!
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 09:28, elimagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 01:39, Don Dasher wrote:
It's built into a deck of cards so all you have to do is slip the deck under your belt against your skin and you're set up.

It's also modular. The gimmick itself can slide out and fit into optional holders, like a Red Bull can that sits right out in the open on a table. While you're holding it in contact with something grounded you're on. So there's no need for any device hidden on your person.

Those kind of improvement are innovative and will make this a particularly exciting re-release.

If that's what it is. I can't know of course, just speculating.


DD


If it is anything like what that, meaning a smallish unit that can be slipt in and out of the outfit with easy, I'll be over this like a fat kid on chocolate cake!



With the original ET for it to work the unit had to be earthed that's why you had to customise your shoe .
I cant see this version being any different .
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
826 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Oddly enough, customer service "can't" (ie WON'T) answer questions about this since it's a "pre-release." Honestly, that sounds like there weren't significant upgrades and they want to sell as many preorders as possible.

I love Yigal and his stuff. He's a great guy and always very nice. We'll see how this goes...

Here's what I got out of customer service:

- Completely silent (old one wasn't)
- Much more durable
- Easier to operate and more reliable
- 20% more powerful (and still adjustable)

I specifically asked about the portability to other pairs of shoes. He wouldn't comment other than to say, "Yes, it is more easily ported"

So...not much new info here (if any?), but that's all I could get.
Website: www.MattAdamsMinistries.com

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Yigal Mesika Electric Touch + (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL